SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

The Wii-U's version is the true Smash game. The 3DS version hardly had much to offer. Even the stages/music to select were small. The 3DS can be useful for whenever going on a field trip or something playing with friends, etc

Am I the only one who is satisfied with the 3DS version?

This boardgame-thingy looks dull, and I don't think that 8-player battles are a good idea. The only thing I'm missing in 3DSmash are some bigger stages and the stage builder. And Lucas and the Ice Climbers, but the Wii U version won't give me them either.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This boardgame-thingy looks dull, and I don't think that 8-player battles are a good idea. The only thing I'm missing in 3DSmash are some bigger stages and the stage builder. And Lucas and the Ice Climbers, but the Wii U version won't give me them either.

I am super happy with the 3DS version even if I hate large parts of it.

I am just as hype for the Wii U version. 8p battles are gonna be awesome (or at the very least will mean we won't have to rotate), and the stages look not terrible overall.

8]

But hey, it'l be extremely fun with 8 players.

No, Temple of Tuna will be extremely fun with 8 players.

Great Cave Offensive will be aggravating as fuck.

Bigger stages would be a huge problem for 3ds version since the screen resolution is so small that if the players start getting far apart, we would not be able to see each other. Even I still have trouble keeping track of myself even with outlines and especially in maps with black backgrounds. God forbid us to why they gave us black outlines and 2 retro maps that have black backgrounds.

1080p/60 fps with an actual controller Smash Brothers, and you're fine with only the 3DS 240p Smash with a small Circle Pad nub?

you're crazy!

1080p/60 fps with an actual controller Smash Brothers, and you're fine with only the 3DS 240p Smash with a small Circle Pad nub?

you're crazy!

Oh right, I've forgotten one thing. I'm missing the c-stick. I do prefer the GC-controller over the 3DS, but I managed to adjust to the controls rather quick.

Bigger stages would be a huge problem for 3ds version since the screen resolution is so small that if the players start getting far apart, we would not be able to see each other.

Yes, I know. It's still kinda sad. I've always enjoyed fighting on Hyrule Temple, and most of my selfmade stages are pretty big as well.

ProJared received special permission from Nintendo to play a little bit of the Wii U game and show some stuff to the public. Here's the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO7ChEvlE6fchq7WAAKOpMTkgj57wx1HF

Some of the things revealed:

1. You can hook up two Gamecube controller adapters to one Wii U so all eight people in 8-Player Smash can use Gamecube controllers.

2. At least one N64 Stage is officially confirmed now (wonder if he's talking about Congo Jungle which we already know about or a different one).

3. Unlike what I assumed from what little we saw of him in the Direct, Ridley seems more like typical boss that can take your side than a CPU enemy in a boss role. This reduces the possibility of a shrunken-down version of him being DLC, but his ground-based movement seems natural (something I was worried would be keeping Ridley from ever being playable) and not all of his attacks seem stage-based. So I'm not completely ruling Ridley DLC out yet, it's just that a lot more work would have to go into it.

Ridley = Flying Man?

Behold, the reason Pyrosphere and Magicant were instantly banned. Tap them even once and you've basically won the match. Unlike the Flying Men, you can KO your own Ridley to win a timed match.

I didn't realize the stages were gimmick city, but it's no big deal. Hopefully GCO is still fun.

Also DK fans can quit their incessant whining now that DK has a really unique new stage and two retros.

And another thing, I noticed both One Who Get In Our Way and Engage the Enemy in the direct.

ZOMG GAUR PLAIN HYPEEEEEEE

Also DK fans can quit their incessant whining now that DK has a really unique new stage and two retros.

I don't remember anyone in this thread whining about that, but me. So, sorry if it was a little annoying. It was just two times though.

But yeah, I'm really content with the DK stages this time.

Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze are great, but the original trilogy is wow bad.

Also, I've already unlocked everyone. By far, my main is Shulk, but I'm not really picky at who I play. I mainly go Buster-Smash and then Shield when on high health. Whenever Shield is on Cooldown then, I switch to Jump or Speed and rotate them to stay alive.

Shulk is like amazing for Smash Run. The Monado Arts feel made for most of them, like the vertical climb or 300% battles.

Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze are great, but the original trilogy is wow bad.

On the contrary. The classic Donkey Kong Country games are awesome and possibly the best jump'n'run games ever made. The newer games aren't bad, but they quite lost the feeling of the old ones.

DKC has a wonderfully challenging level of difficulty, beautifully created spriteart and the best soundtrack of any of the series that is featured in Smash (although Kirby and Zelda come in close). How could you not be a fan?