SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imp sent me this picture this morning:

tumblr_nha7eqZBaH1rgqm0bo1_1280.jpg

I do wonder where on earth this is, because I haven't seen any Luigis in stock in GameStops I've been to.

EDIT: NINJA'D XD

But in all seriousness, it's kind of funny to see which amiibos are surplus at various areas. I remember our mall GameStop only having 4 Peach amiibos yesterday. First time I've NOT seen Mario and Kirby available.

Edited by Sunwoo

It's like each area gets an uneven number of amiibo shipments. One hordes all of the same character to themselves.

There are a butt ton of Mario, Pikachu, and Peach amiibos along with a few Samus and Kirby amiibos that are unsold. I'm the only person in my area who likes Kirby and I only know one person in my area who likes Samus. Nobody I know likes the other three characters.

Edited by Kiseki

Where are all these Luigis at? I haven't seen any in my area either. My mom couldn't find a single one. But I've yet to go to work this week, so they might finally have him in. Who knows...

But at least Luigi is getting bought elsewhere! :)

Also, Ike is still GameStop's hottest Wii U/3DS product. :D Even beating out the GC adapter which is number 2 on the Wii U list! WE LIKE IKE!

Edited by Anacybele

Was disappointed about the lack of new Wario Ware remixes.

Apparently there is a new one, just Japan Only. You can't unlock this song in NA release.

What a shame, I feel like this would fit really well with Gamer. Makes me wonder if there any other Japan only songs...

Was disappointed about the lack of new Wario Ware remixes.

Apparently there is a new one, just Japan Only. You can't unlock this song in NA release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_bmHLySfGY

It has to be in the game, right?
We can always bring out that unused track with a game hacking device! :D
Edited by PuffPuff

It has to be in the game, right?

We can always bring out that unused track with a game hacking device! :D

It's a possibility, but that's not necessarily true. It could be an audio track only distributed within the Japanese release, with no traces of any data of it in the US release. There's nothing stopping it from being as such. Also, what with the recent data mining, it's hard to imagine that fans haven't discovered it yet, thus the only reasonable conclusion is that it isn't in the game.

It's a possibility, but that's not necessarily true. It could be an audio track only distributed within the Japanese release, with no traces of any data of it in the US release. There's nothing stopping it from being as such. Also, what with the recent data mining, it's hard to imagine that fans haven't discovered it yet, thus the only reasonable conclusion is that it isn't in the game.

It actually is in the NA game disc. People have datamined and ripped the entire soundtrack and it's there. If you were to play spectate mode and they're Japanese players and the stage they're playing is Gamer, the song has a chance of playing if they're playing the stage. It's just not unlockable for us.

I got my Luigi today! :D

He looks awesome too! Except...his nose looks like it has snot hanging from it, lolwut. I think I can fix that though, just gotta carefully scratch off the excess...whatever it is. lol

Just completed the Ike Hard challenge as well as the All Star difficulty on hard challenge. Just finished analyzing the AI. They have a habit of doing these things...

-They use projectiles when your far away.

-They use powerful side attacks like Charizard's Flare Blitz/Ness's Kayo Ken when your 100%+ wasted and are far away. Just strafe and attack with a smash move to thwart this.

-They always charge towards you which can be thwarted if you stand on top of a platform and use a smash attack when they are just trying to get on your platform. Platforms are best for this mode. If there are none, you should stay in one place and unleash some powerful smash moves while strafing.

Sometimes it's best to stay in one place and attack since they have a nasty habit of thwarting dash attackers.

-They dodge in mid-air after using smash attacks for awile. You must strafe and attack to catch them.

-To deal with any fighter that has counter either do the platform trick by jumping from platform to platform/strafing to the side of your platform unleasing powerful smash attacks, or by throwing them and finishing off with a smash attack.

-Stage hazards sometimes kill them when they are already having a habit of attacking all out while advancing towards you.

By knowing these ahead of time, you should be able to finish each stage with getting under 50% health wasted! Now for the Captain Falcon without heal challenge...haven't found an easy way to do this challenge, yet. But...by doing these strategies and can play on normal, this shouldn't be too hard with some practice. The Black Knight trophy is very nice in it's description. <3

------

EDIT: Just finished one entire row of getting custom moves for characters. The Wii-U's version's most convenient way of getting all the custom moves is the Target Game. I've finished a row of characters in under 40 min this way. Just pick that particular character and start bombing away! Better go to the title screen after getting all of a characters custom moves to reset the RNG, so it don't get stuck on the moves to a character that you've already finished! You should complete the All Custom Challenge with minimal effort this way. Plus, don't have to go through gambles. Along the way, you should get the other hats as well. Stage 1 is best to do this as the custom wrenches are easier to hit there!

Edited by PuffPuff

Hey, I have a question for those who have a Zelda amiibo (and have actually used it and their amiibo is up to Lv. 50).

I'm currently training my Zelda amiibo, and I've been trying to teach her to air dodge my Din's Fire, when she's coming back to the stage. But she won't air dodge! I've been trying to show her that she's supposed to dodge them, but she falls right into them and dies each time.

Has anyone successfully taught their Zelda to dodge Din's Fire? Mine won't :(

I got my Luigi today! :D

He looks awesome too! Except...his nose looks like it has snot hanging from it, lolwut. I think I can fix that though, just gotta carefully scratch off the excess...whatever it is. lol

I may or may not be getting a Luigi Amiibo on Valentine's Day. My mom always gets me and my siblings one inexpensive gift for that holiday (I guess so we don't feel alone since we have no significant other lol) and she told me she got me an Amiibo from wave 2, so don't order any from that wave off Amazon or anything.

Well, better hope you don't get one with a smudge lol. Mine also has a small one on the underside of Luigi's nose. It's not really noticeable unless you look for it, but it's there. :P

I don't care though, he still looks great and he's Weegi. <3

Waiting out the next month for Ike and Toon Link though is gonna be hard. And I'll probably be waiting even longer for Rosalina.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, I have a question for those who have a Zelda amiibo (and have actually used it and their amiibo is up to Lv. 50).

I'm currently training my Zelda amiibo, and I've been trying to teach her to air dodge my Din's Fire, when she's coming back to the stage. But she won't air dodge! I've been trying to show her that she's supposed to dodge them, but she falls right into them and dies each time.

Has anyone successfully taught their Zelda to dodge Din's Fire? Mine won't :(

My Zelda has the same problem, though she does at least dodge it while on the ground or in the air above the ground.

I think I could handle a smudge :P

Yeah, waiting until Feb. is gonna be tough lol. I am a little worried about the exclusive ones though, I've been checking each store online for a while now and they're ALWAYS out of stock. I really hope they restock them soon.

Perhaps amiibo don't learn off-stage tricks very well (or at all)... Aside from going for the ledge from below when someone is edge-guarding.

My Marth still keeps trying to land on the stage when I'm not edge-guarding. He just doesn't learn it isn't safe.

...Also, he insists on fast falling through platforms. :| I have a stage with a platform bottom; he uses upB then fast falls through the platform for an SD. So many times. /despair

AHHHHH!

They have Gamecube Adaptars in stock today at Gamestop online. Thank you, Nintendo for bringing a bigger shipment this time! I've already ordered it like a hawk and that it comes with two Gamecube Controllers as well. Now having 6 controllers and a PDP Pad...just one more PDP pad and Wiimote and I have my 8 player. :D

It's 79.99 for...

-Two Controllers

-Gamecube Adaptar

EDIT: ...Annnnnd...it just shipped!

Edited by PuffPuff

The headgear challenge seems to be harder in the Wii-U version. 44 hats and haven't found anymore since after doing over 30 Crazy Orders games. -.- Got some good loot in it (Which you often get if you can pass Round 20. ...But in return...the fights get more horribly difficult.) It's recommended never to do the horde battles after Round 10 since they get near impossible to finish with the intensity that increases overtime the longer that you get through the game! So happy after getting the Shield Regeneration Gloves and Shield Regeneration Dress after Round 23. The dress will do wonderfully for Rosalina and Peach. :D Oh, and by the way...effects do stack if you equip them with the equipment with the same abilities. Having both of a Regeneration Shield ability equipped will ensure to have the Shield at full in such short order!

The difficulty is insane that one attack can deal 20%ish damage to you in one hit. Insane. Their stats do increase overtime! To get this great loot, the Aqua Mario with Homerun Bat, First Strike Shoes and Quick Bat Swing Shield badge is an example that I use. You need the Home Run Bat to make this possible. But...found no surefire way to getting every hat, yet. -.- Got the All Special Moves Challenge done after collecting the rest of them from the Target Game!

EDIT: Just found a new hat in it which was the Samus one! Wonder why that it is so uncommon in the Wii-U version which wasn't in the 3DS version after it is collected from a challenge? Also got an Air Defender Boot in the game! Pair it with an Air Defender Badge and these will be good for characters like Peach, Olimar, Villager and such needed for their awesome recoveries in case your opponents interrupt their recovering that they'll get knocked less farther.

@Randoman

Nice! :D

While I'm picking up nice loot from the Crazy Orders game! :D

Edited by PuffPuff