SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

That symbol has appeared in PoR as far as I know. I forget whose it is though. Probably Crimea. I don't remember a tiger being in it though, just an axe, sword, and lance protruding through some...thing. xP

I once had a screenshot of Brawl Ike showing a good view of the symbol, but I accidentally deleted it a long time ago.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm yes, I forgot about the original concept of Lucina was simply a Marth alt. The fact Lucina's female works out for the best in this case. However were Lucina male, I still don't think they would have went ahead with the split, however.The fact that she's female helps differentiate between them that much more, and I'm willing to bet this probably tipped the scales in the argument for making her her own character.

And then Dark Pit also happened.

Still, Sakurai could have just as easily decided to turn Chrom into an Alt but instead he decided on Lucina. One way or another, Lucina took a spot that could have just as easily gone to Chrom and there has to be a reason for that. They both fight the same way, they even use the very same weapon.

It's obviously because Lucina is the one who masqueraded as 'Marth' in Awakening.

Yeah, and I don't think Chrom would've worked as an Ike alt either. The builds there are different as well. Yeah, they both have muscles, but Ike seriously even makes Chrom look scrawny with how bulky he is.

There is also absolutely no reason for Chrom to have a blue-flamed Eruption either. Or even any Eruption. A Marth clone Lucina feels less out of place.

Yeah, and I don't think Chrom would've worked as an Ike alt either. The builds there are different as well. Yeah, they both have muscles, but Ike seriously even makes Chrom look scrawny with how bulky he is.

There is also absolutely no reason for Chrom to have a blue-flamed Eruption either. Or even any Eruption. A Marth clone Lucina feels less out of place.

To be fair, Ike never had a flame-like move, such as eruption prior to Smash

Referring back to my previous post on the past page, that was with the assumption Chrom would get the same lucky character treatment that Lucy got. If Robin didnt have him for a FS, it could have worked that way, had Sakurai only wished for it

Yeah, an FE fighting game would be cool! If it got 50 characters like Smash has, this would be my predicted roster:

1. Marth

2. Ike

3. Chrom

4. Lucina

5. Robin

6. Ephraim

7. Eirika

8. Eliwood

9. Hector

10. Lyn

11. Sigurd

12. Seliph

13. Alm

14. Cellica

15. FE if Lord

16. Micaiah

17. Roy

16. Soren

17. Elincia

18. Caeda

19. Frederick

20. Lilina

21. Chris/Kris

22. Jagen

23. Ashnard

24. Ashera

25. Nergal

26. Arvis

27. Julius

28. Zephiel

29. Idoun

30. Validar

31. Lyon

32. Seth

33. Titania

34. Ranulf

35. Tharja

36. Black Knight/Zelgius

37. Marcus

38. Tiki

39. Sothe

40. Tibarn

41. Finn

42. Sephiran

43. Max/Marx (a new guy in FE if)

44. FE if Jagen character (if it isn't Max/Marx)

45. Joshua

46. Mist (she's a healer, but she was given swords from the beginning in RD)

47. Merric (isn't he Marth's best friend or something?)

48. The long spiky-hair dude in FE if that Max/Marx is seen starting a duel with

49. Possibly the FE if villain

50. Possibly another FE if villain

I don't know as much about the Japan-only FE games, I just did the best I could. xP

To be fair, Ike never had a flame-like move, such as eruption prior to Smash

But he did have blue flames, hence his Japanese title.

Edited by Anacybele

And with Chrom undergoing the Awakening ritual, that could just as well have done the same for him as Ike receiving Yune's blessings did for him to receive such a title. Just saying

Path of Radiance was Trail of the Blue Flame, before he even got his blue flame attack fyi.

Uh, so? I don't see how that's relevant at all.

And with Chrom undergoing the Awakening ritual, that could just as well have done the same for him as Ike receiving Yune's blessings did for him to receive such a title. Just saying

But it didn't and Chrom didn't receive such a title. In fact, I don't think he got any title.

And then Dark Pit also happened.

Yeah. The bias is indeed real.

---

Lucina didn't really "take" any spots because those spots weren't meant to exist in the first place.

Honestly, the Kid Icarus bias is the only thing about Smash Wii U/3DS that annoys me a lot. Donkey Kong should've been the franchise to get a newcomer and more trophies, not the way more obscure KI.

But we know her reason for being in, and her gender is not part of it. That reason is: she was originally a Marth alt, they normalized Marth's moveset and separated it from him via Lucina. Had she been Luke, Chrom's son from the future who otherwise plays the exact same role, I'm pretty sure the result would be the same.

I kinda doubt Luke would have made it beyond the alt palette stage.

Uh, so? I don't see how that's relevant at all.

But it didn't and Chrom didn't receive such a title. In fact, I don't think he got any title.

he has the title of being The Exalted. Or rather, he was exalted after passing the ritual. I fail to see what titles have to do with a mere move, when it was instance that's possibly the only reason for either of them to even have such a move

I think the real question would be this: if Lucina was Chrom's son instead of his daughter, would he be a more popular character than Lucina? Part of me doubts it.

Likewise, would Chrom have been more popular if he were a woman, where she retained her personality and stuff and the only difference was gender? Maybe "she" would be the "Lucina" of Awakening then.

It's kind of an interesting thing to think about, because as much as I don't want to believe a character's sex has any influence in these kinds of things, I think a part of it does influence how much people like a certain character.

Pretty much that. I'd be willing to bet a male Lucina wouldn't have made the cut (and remained simply a Marth alt) and a female equivalent of Chrom would have made it through. But, things are the way they are, so all we can do is speculate, sadly.

Yeah, an FE fighting game would be cool! If it got 50 characters like Smash has, this would be my predicted roster:

1. Marth

2. Ike

3. Chrom

4. Lucina

5. Robin

6. Ephraim

7. Eirika

8. Eliwood

9. Hector

10. Lyn

11. Sigurd

12. Seliph

13. Alm

14. Cellica

15. FE if Lord

16. Micaiah

17. Roy

16. Soren

17. Elincia

18. Caeda

19. Frederick

20. Lilina

21. Chris/Kris

22. Jagen

23. Ashnard

24. Ashera

25. Nergal

26. Arvis

27. Julius

28. Zephiel

29. Idoun

30. Validar

31. Lyon

32. Seth

33. Titania

34. Ranulf

35. Tharja

36. Black Knight/Zelgius

37. Marcus

38. Tiki

39. Sothe

40. Tibarn

41. Finn

42. Sephiran

43. Max/Marx (a new guy in FE if)

44. FE if Jagen character (if it isn't Max/Marx)

45. Joshua

46. Mist (she's a healer, but she was given swords from the beginning in RD)

47. Merric (isn't he Marth's best friend or something?)

48. The long spiky-hair dude in FE if that Max/Marx is seen starting a duel with

49. Possibly the FE if villain

50. Possibly another FE if villain

I don't know as much about the Japan-only FE games, I just did the best I could. xP

Too much Tellius, not enough of the rest, needs more mixture :P

Too much Tellius, not enough of the rest, needs more mixture :P

But Tellius has best cast, right?

I don't see Leif or any other FE5 character on that list, but I don't blame you for not being well informed on Japan-only games.

No, I am not. Read my post again.

Also, why is it that every time I post stuff like this, everyone just goes "you're biased!" I like Tellius a lot, but if I was truly BIASED, I wouldn't be including Micaiah, Soren, or other characters in that list that I didn't like (and there are more).

Just fucking stop with the bias accusations, already, people. I AM SICK OF IT.

Edited by Anacybele

The reason Lucina made the cut at all is because she looks like Marth. Female Chrom never would have been up for Marth costume status and therefore wouldn't have gotten the roster slot. Male Lucina would've probably stayed a costume because he'd probably just be Masked Marth.

lets be real, vagina's are more popular then dicks with gamers, because most gamers are male, and are also generally straight.

lucina's gender is the sole reason why she's playable instead of an Alt.

Did you read a single word I wrote?