SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? There wasn't even a For Glory equivalent in Brawl. It was all time FFAs with items. Of course it's gonna seem harder.

I don't play For Glory, I play For Fun.

Shulk is a good counter for Little Mac, since he has good reach, the best Counter in the game, (a necessity in some cases) an ability to exploit Little Mac's light weight with Smash, and he has a British accent, which always trumps grunts.

I suck at Shulk.

So, having recently cut a couple sub-mains from my roster, I'm trying to pick up Samus as a new sub-main (and potential main if I feel good enough with her). Any advice?

Elieson would be better served to answer this but I'll try.

Space very well, with both the projectiles and her grapple beam in mid-air, dont be afraid to get into Melee range if you absolutely have to. Save the charge shot for the most opportune moments or as a distraction.

The bombs can serve as a small help to her recovery.

I don't have much sorry.

I really, really hate Little Mac players. So cheap.

Shulk is a good counter for Little Mac, since he has good reach, the best Counter in the game, (a necessity in some cases) an ability to exploit Little Mac's light weight with Smash, and he has a British accent, which always trumps grunts.

http://youtu.be/QzQwGdGEyxU

Case in point. This actually started as just a normal match before that happened, then it got awkward really quickly.

So, having recently cut a couple sub-mains from my roster, I'm trying to pick up Samus as a new sub-main (and potential main if I feel good enough with her). Any advice?

I'd say don't stick to the same spam tactic like most For Glory Samus players out there. That's really all I can say.

Side B for days. Make use of projectiles and her Bair. Her down A can kill at high percentages.

Space very well, with both the projectiles and her grapple beam in mid-air, dont be afraid to get into Melee range if you absolutely have to. Save the charge shot for the most opportune moments or as a distraction.

I don't have much sorry.

Side B for days. Make use of projectiles and her Bair. Her down A can kill at high percentages.

You all clearly have given bad advice. Here's my thoughts on competitive Samus:

-Get ready to camp your ass off. Samus is not equipped to rushdown or fight close range (have you seen that jab lol). One thing she does do well other than camp is edgeguard and spike. You can literally run off the edge, fastfall (not that her fastfall is fast anyways), downair spike, and make it back up (for characters recovering low). Her ledgetrump is pretty good if you can semi-spike with that downsmash afterwards.

-You actually do need to spam charge shot and here's why:

--It does ~25% damage fresh

--It has awesome knockback

--It can be very hard to punish at certain distances

--You can edgeguard very well with it

--Just having one charged up makes the opponents act differently

--Some downsides are that you have to be conservative around reflector characters and it takes some time to charge. You may sometimes want to forego an edgeguard opportunity (especially against characters you know can't be gimped *cough*Villager*cough*) to get that charge shot up

--Its literally Samus's main weapon, nothing wrong with spamming it

-Actually her bair is a very good kill move not arguing that

-But don't use down tilt anymore, it got nerfed hard in this game and still has a ton of ending lag.

-Zair got nerfed in this game, but it's still a very good spacing tool

You may also want to see Xyro's thread (aka head TO in Houston and self proclaimed best Brawl Samus).

I don't have much sorry.

Villager/reflect heavy characters are so prone to spam their moves against you when you're samus running around with a charge shot glowing in your cannon. It's a good decoy just to set up for grabs.

Get used to firing incomplete charge shots, especially when enemies are dashing towards you. Early on, it tends to score some free % which matters

Knife covered a lot of what I was going to say

She has Captain Falcon's spike kick, which combos nicely into Utilt or Usmash

Grab to Fthrow to shorthop Fair tends to work at earlier %s, depending on opponent weight

If you're quick, you can rack up a decent aerial combo with Uair-Uair-UpB, better suited for larger targets.

When falling, drop bombs to change your fall speed and trajectory. Or don't, but at least show that you're capable and knowledgable enough to do so, to leave your opponent guessing on your fall

There's lots of bomb tricks out there to give yourself setups for projectile assault and are passable for scare tactics on enemies at a distance

>Europe only atm?

...wat

WAT

Quick question, does it even work? How did you get it to show up?

How is it possible?!

Mewtwo isn't out yet.

Oh mai, people jumping the gun here a bit. That's just the screen I got shown immediately after I finished registering both of my games. I clicked that link you see in the screenshot, and they said I'll be emailed the two codes once Mewtwo is released.

My replacement copy finally came in! (Though I shouldn't have had to have gotten one in the first fucking place.) After a major headache, I finally got it to work past the part where it stopped reading the disc, too. So happy.

My copy of the soundtrack shipped today. :D

How do you know? Did they send you an email? I'm slightly worried for the fate of my soundtrack as I pressed enter too soon on the site and gave them the wrong address. I emailed them telling them that and they sent a response saying it's been corrected but I still can't help worrying.

How do you know? Did they send you an email? I'm slightly worried for the fate of my soundtrack as I pressed enter too soon on the site and gave them the wrong address. I emailed them telling them that and they sent a response saying it's been corrected but I still can't help worrying.

Everything I've read has said you get an email.

You can also check your order status on the Club Nintendo website, on the Account page. Click the tab that says "order inquiries."

So, looks like my string of wretched luck this month is still going, since my replacement copy of Smash for Wii U doesn't work. So now I have to return it and wait for another copy to come in, this time one that hopefully works. Getting KINDA tired of this, really.

So, looks like my string of wretched luck this month is still going, since my replacement copy of Smash for Wii U doesn't work. So now I have to return it and wait for another copy to come in, this time one that hopefully works. Getting KINDA tired of this, really.

Are you sure it's the game and not your Wii U or something? Two copies in a row not working is rather suspicious.

I have to go with Red Fox on this one, Dai. It could be your Wii U, that does seem fishy. Nintendo could repair it for free though, if that's the case, they did so with my Wii when my Brawl disc started malfunctioning in it. It was a rather common occurrence though, due to Brawl being a dual-layered disc, so that might've been the reason I didn't have to pay anything. So I can't guarantee you won't, but it's possible.

I never said it was two discs that weren't working? I thought I mentioned that my first one had been stolen, which is why I had to get a replacement copy. Said replacement copy doesn't work, though.

Edited by Dai

I never said it was two discs that weren't working? I thought I mentioned that my first one had been stolen, which is why I had to get a replacement copy. Said replacement copy doesn't work, though.

My mistake. I don't recall you mentioning it before, and your recent posts didn't say anything about that.