SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe everybody could just shut up about competitive viability and play the game like it was meant to be played; for enjoyment. Play whoever you want to, not just Diddy Kong, Sheik, or Little Mac. Use every stage, because there is more than just Battlefield and Final Destination. Come on, guys. They put years of effort into making the series what it is today, and all you can do is complain about Villager's custom moves. (Which did not need to be implemented, mind you.) Tiers do not matter, counters do not matter, "legal" stages do not matter. It is a game. What a bloody joke.

(Rant over.)

You do realize there are far more legal stages then those two right? Also I do play for fun, but I also play on the competitive side, who are you to tell me how to enjoy a game when I enjoy every aspect of it? Competitive and for Fun. That's the brilliant part of smash and you don't seem to understand that at all. That's the true joke here.

Also there are far more than 3 viable characters, do your research before you spew bullshit.

Edited by Jedi

Maybe everybody could just shut up about competitive viability and play the game like it was meant to be played; for enjoyment. Play whoever you want to, not just Diddy Kong, Sheik, or Little Mac. Use every stage, because there is more than just Battlefield and Final Destination. Come on, guys. They put years of effort into making the series what it is today, and all you can do is complain about Villager's custom moves. (Which did not need to be implemented, mind you.) Tiers do not matter, counters do not matter, "legal" stages do not matter. It is a game. What a bloody joke.

(Rant over.)

I really feel like you totally missed something in this entire discussion. The competitive players are actually ranting about how some goons want to ban customs and ruin their fun. You know...kinda the opposite of what you are insinuating. Yeah people take this game far too seriously sometimes, but this isnt one of those times...?

5474c3c809.jpg

On a serious note; what's so bad about banning a couple of custom moves until they're analyzed a bit more closely? Don't they usually ban broken things after they're found in a tourney? If Villager's customs were found worthy of ban in a tourney (not EVO, mind you, but still a tourney), aren't they subject to ban consideration?

5474c3c809.jpg

On a serious note; what's so bad about banning a couple of custom moves until they're analyzed a bit more closely? Don't they usually ban broken things after they're found in a tourney? If Villager's customs were found worthy of ban in a tourney (not EVO, mind you, but still a tourney), aren't they subject to ban consideration?

generally you ban things AFTER you analyze them more closely

there aren't really precedents for ban consideration procedures

generally Influential Members of The Smash Communityâ„¢ start tweeting about how something needs to be banned, then they get mocked, they drop it, there's no issue, then someone else finds something else that's overpowered and needs to be banned

EDIT: or like, you have variance by tournament, and rulesets become more or less popular

hard bans are generally not a thing

I guess ledgegrab limits?

Edited by Euklyd

Let's just ban Villager period. He's annoying as hell. Problem solved.

If this is serious then lol. Edit: apparently this is an actual desire in houston lmao can't take the villager strats.

The strat isn't good enough to get past top players so it won't survive, no need to ban the customs at all. People should learn the match up and wreck it. It may not be the most fun in the world but it's only going to be there for a minority of games. Note that custom villager was nowhere present in the top 16 of aftershock and was only seen as a doubles partner.

Edited by kirsche

Customs is dividing Texas into North Texas and South Texas.

104 is nothing for a national, our locals in Houston get that much. The only real good players were Zero and Dabuz. The rest use Diddy Kong.

Edited by Knife

It was just my rant about how ridiculous the community gets, arguing over which stages are "legal" and what characters are "high tier" and all that crap.

So competitive discussion is bad, got it

So.. She went into the blast zone, got briefly shot out of it. But it counted as a stock somehow. Then fell again..

Could Link do that with a bad bomb jump too?

...Wut. How did Samus do that without respawning above the stage on a spawn platform? o_O

Also, Wario can taunt in the victory screen? lolwtf...

Edited by Anacybele

...Wut. How did Samus do that without respawning above the stage on a spawn platform? o_O

Also, Wario can taunt in the victory screen? lolwtf...

I don't even know at the first.

That was actually Wario's idle animation, but its close enough to a taunt lol.

from what I've read, it's that the results screen is a sort of stage, and as the wario man model is replaced with wario while the match ends, wario reappears on the results screen but with weird stuff like that

(if you'll notice, he also won with a team he wasn't on)

it should hypothetically work with yoshi or megazard or similar as well

also nintendo direct tomorrow 3 p.m. pacific time get hype

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/582890134846197760