SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I am 100% sure we will be seeing all cut characters from Melee and Brawl excluding Snake return in Smash 5.

I am 100% sure we will not have three different Links in one Smash game. It's just pointless and overkill.

Just gonna throw this out there. Why not a Fire Emblem villain? You know someone like Validar maybe? Zephiel? Black Knight?

I'd dig the BK as playable. :D It'd even be funny if he got Ike's colors as one of his alts, since Ike has a BK palette. lol

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gonna throw this out there. Why not a Fire Emblem villain? You know someone like Validar maybe? Zephiel? Black Knight?

Fire Emblem is just one of those series where evildoers do not fit.

I am 100% sure we will not have three different Links in one Smash game. It's just pointless and overkill.

But they aren't adding a new character, they are bringing one back, a recognizable face. Also, most of the good and important Nintendo characters have been put in already excluding Issac. Also, why would you hate such a character, his milk drinking taunt was the best. Edited by Rabbattack

I am 100% sure we will be seeing all cut characters from Melee and Brawl excluding Snake return in Smash 5.

Lol, wut? Young Link, Roy, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are almost definitely not coming back. Ice Climbers are only coming back if they get lucky.

We already have a Fire Emblem villain: Grima.

Lol, wut? Young Link, Roy, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are almost definitely not coming back. Ice Climbers are only coming back if they get lucky.

Well yeah indirectly so though. Sides Robin is a good guy he only turned bad in some alternate universe.

Tbf, when in the same light as everyone else in the series, none of them are really all that remarkable besides just being a villain, from someone outside looking in. Tho having cameos would have been a great idea for the Coliseum imo

Lol, wut? Young Link, Roy, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are almost definitely not coming back. Ice Climbers are only coming back if they get lucky. We already have a Fire Emblem villain: Grima.

I am 300% sure Ice Climbers is coming back as he was in both Melee and Brawl. Only cut due to limitations. I forgot about Squirtle and Ivysaur. I could see Squirtle coming back if we're extremely lucky (about a 2% chance) and Ivysaur is going to stay dead forever. Roy definitely has a chance now that Smash 5 has taken every franchise and there important characters. Although, I could see Kamui taking the place of the FE newcomer, but we did get Lucina as a clone, so Roy could be one too.

I love Bulbasuar and Venosaur, but Ivysaur makes me want to throw up as all second stage evolutions with a third stage do. Bulbasuar is cute, Venosaur is cool looking, Ivysaur is a failed attempt to combine both and all should suffer a painful horrible death. For a new Zelda rep Young Link the strongest contender. Think of him as an easy to make clone like Lucina and Dr. Mario. Every game needs their clones.

Something else I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. What about Krystal in Smash? We already have the hero, sidekick and villian, all is left is the girl. For the Ballot Krystal, as a Nintendo character she would definitely be unique with attacks involving her staff. But of course, Wolf should have higher priority, as she is a character created later in the series, but still is a major character like Rosalina.

Super Smash Brothers: Revival

#BringBackMeleechu

Edited by Rabbattack

I think both Isaac and King K. Rool are very big chances of being added as DLC. I really do. I also think that Wolf is almost guaranteed to come back, especially since Lucas is coming back. I only see Roy coming back if they give him a brand new revamped set of moves, unfortunately. I could maybe-possibly see Squirtle coming back, but I kinda doubt it, and I don't at all see Ivysaur coming back. Same with Pichu, I just do not see it. And Snake? Maybe. Depends on Konami, I guess?

As for all the other possible characters. I can see Dixie Kong making it, I think the DK franchise is big enough to warrant both her and K. Rool as newcomers, and she seems to be wanted by a pretty good amount of people. I really want and wish that Lyn would be added, but I don't see it happening, if for no other reason than that she's an Assist Trophy. I honestly don't see any Fire Emblem characters making it, but I think it'd be awesome if Ephraim did! I think he'd be pretty awesome and unique. I can see Krystal making it, but I honestly don't want her to. I don't like her. In fact, I'd rather have Slippy Toad! As for Shovel Knight, I won't comment on that purely because I have yet to play his game.

You know, what if Issac from Golden Sun was cut from being an Assist trophy because they'll make him into a DLC fighter?!

#VoteforIssac

ssshhhhhhh

we've had this discussion before it devolves into pointless arguing essentially immediately

re: fire emblem villains - how many of them actually stick around for multiple games? "2" is still very little

e: "2" = "2 games" my b

FE doesn't really have an iconic villain in the same way as mario / zelda / etc do

hell even metroid has ridley all the fuck over the place

Something else I don't think anyone has mentioned yet. What about Krystal in Smash? We already have the hero, sidekick and villian, all is left is the girl. For the Ballot Krystal, as a Nintendo character she would definitely be unique with attacks involving her staff. But of course, Wolf should have higher priority, as she is a character created later in the series, but still is a major character like Rosalina.

how many takes on "space animal" does smash bros need tho

I feel like maybe it would be better to fold this speculation into a separate thread? but on the other hand it's not like other things get discussed here

Edited by Euklyd

It really saddens me how K Rool is more wanted than Dixie Kong. The latter is WAY better...

It saddens me how people think that the tritagonist deserves the spot more than the main antagonist. That would be like including Link and Zelda, THEN adding Tingle and then thinking about including Ganondorf (if you want my argument to sound less weird, replace Tingle with Impa; still works).

What also saddens me is that on the poll that was posted here, joke characters like Goku or Gabe Newell get more votes than characters that would actually work, such as Shantae or Dillon (or Kamek; though his inclusion is very unlikely, he's the main villain for the Yoshi franchise and he'd work out pretty great as a character). Medusa ties with the freaking Tetris Block!

Speaking of which, do you think we'll get any DLC stages besides the Miiverse stage?

Definitely. I'm willing to bet any DLC character from a series with no representation yet is going to come with a stage from that series.

Playable Inkling along with a Splatoon stage is coming. Mark my words.

Shin and I were playing Smash 4 on the 3DS and for some reason we decided to both go against each other with Ike. He was Chrom!Ike and I was regular Ike. Guess who won. (Ouch.)

Also, we've learned that my Shulk is slightly stronger than his Link, and my Marth is VERY slightly stronger against his Ness. But his Shulk and Ness are stronger than my Robin and Ness.

just how slightly is VERY slightly

We were playing a 3-stock match against one another with our first, second, third, and fourth best characters. I'm pretty sure we both got each other down to our final stock right before grabbing victory.

For DLC? It'd be cool as long as it's not another Awakening character but I think it's not likely.

Can we please stop pretending that Robin counts as a villain? The Robin in Smash is clearly not possessed by Grima.

Can we please stop pretending that Robin counts as a villain? The Robin in Smash is clearly not possessed by Grima.

robin literally burns thousands of enemies alive without giving them a chance to surrender, and then cracks jokes about it

that sounds pretty villainous to me

also YESSSS MEWTWO HYPE

robin literally burns thousands of enemies alive without giving them a chance to surrender, and then cracks jokes about itthat sounds pretty villainous to mealso YESSSS MEWTWO HYPE

See my battle of Chi Bi comparison thread! War calls for desperate measures :P.

Also yes Mewtwo.