SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Hey, do you know what would be a good idea? Maybe characters should be buffed instead of nerfed! Then they can use their strong points to overcome other charcters' strengths and have more variety in ways that charcters can be played and in their actual movesets.

To right the countless imbalances in our play, we shine this light of buffs for everyone, that this game may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

(yes I definitely agree, but it's still unlikely)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing as Ryu using actual button inputs while listening to the classical Street Fighter tunes feels all kinds of weird. As if I was playing an entirely different game, like M.U.G.E.N. or something. And once I go back to MUGEN, I will probably end up trying to perform a Shoryuken in the air.

Edited by BrightBow

Luigi's d-throw is where many of his combos come from though, if you nerf it, he loses a lot of what makes him good. He'd probably drop to low mid tier.

I'd also rather have Sheik and ZSS nerfs myself.

"Nerf characters I don't use, leave characters I do use." It doesn't really work like that. Hell, Luigi is regarded as a better fighter than ZSS already.

And yes, Luigi's down throw can combo into down b at kill percents. I've experienced this myself. I think it's possible to DI out of it, but the throw is so fast that it can still catch you off guard. In a way, Luigi is beginning to seem like the new Diddy Kong. He needs higher knockback growth on that throw so that he can't kill off of it so easily, but he'll still get combos at low percents. Depending on how much KBG it gets, he could still get follow ups from it, but he may have to read air dodges (which is fine, plenty of characters have stuff like that).

But other than a few small things I think should be changed (the aforementioned Luigi down throw KBG, Ness' back throw, whatever Sheik might need), I don't think any more balance changes are needed.

Sheik needles should have been nerfed. A character that good does not need one of the best projectiles in the game.

That and a nerf to fair would be appreciated, mostly a range one because I'm fine with it being a combo tool. Still I i think we should see some more buffs to low tiers to make them more on par with upper mid or possibly high tiers. I mean Falco got super buffed in this patch and I would love to see more characters get that treatment.

Video Title:

"The Revival of the Legendary Instant Death Combo. LOL@ the devoted people to this shit special."

What a title.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Video Title:

"The Revival of the Legendary Instant Death Combo. LOL@ the devoted people to this shit special."

What a title.

It almost sounds like an anime episode.

"Nerf characters I don't use, leave characters I do use"

Okay, that's pretty far below the belt. Would you like to see your main get Sakurai Stomped? And Sheik does need a nerf, F-Tilt is rediculous and Knife Storm or whatever it is shits all over the metagame. What's the fun in playing if you spend 80% of your time being roflstomped by a torrent of spam that you can't DI out of? Although, I concur that ZSS needs anything but a nerf, she is just so half-assed as it is.

People want to nerf Ness, but I say he's fine.

I personally think his back throw is the only nerf he needed at this point. Everything else is fine.

Okay, that's pretty far below the belt. Would you like to see your main get Sakurai Stomped? And Sheik does need a nerf, F-Tilt is rediculous and Knife Storm or whatever it is shits all over the metagame. What's the fun in playing if you spend 80% of your time being roflstomped by a torrent of spam that you can't DI out of? Although, I concur that ZSS needs anything but a nerf, she is just so half-assed as it is.

I mean, it's what Ana said. "No, don't nerf Luigi, but nerf Sheik and ZSS (a worse fighter than Luigi btw) plz." Obviously no one wants to see their main get nerfed, but balance doesn't care who our mains are. And I did happen to agree in that same post that Sheik should be nerfed.

Rosalina is my main, so I obviously don't want to see her nerfed, but I'm not gonna talk like she shouldn't be nerfed. Though, at the same time, I don't know exactly what about her I would nerf. I want Ness' back throw nerfed because it kills insanely early and he can get it easily out of PK Fire, I want Luigi down throw nerfed (by buffing it, lol) so he can't kill out of it at 80%. Rosalina, on the other hand, doesn't have a kill throw, doesn't have a kill set up out of a throw, is tall, light, and floaty...she's good, but she's not formulaic and it still takes effort to kill with her. In fact, I feel the same way about Pikachu (in that I wouldn't know how to nerf/don't necessarily think should be nerfed), who also is considered a high/top tier character (and I don't main), but doesn't have such easy kill set ups (as far as I know).

Only regret about Lucas is that I think it'd be cool if he had a different recovery, since Ness's recovery is intimidating to some people I've played with.

How's Ryu btw? From the trailer and his dozens of moves he seemed pretty overpowered, like moreso than the other ones we thought would be. Is it too early to judge? I figured that casual players wouldn't really be able to tell the difference but once the pros learn how to use and take advantage of his combo system he'd be pretty dangerous.

I personally think Sheik is the main point of who should be nerfed currently, and maybe Ness. Some cheeky Ness can punish me with ONE PK THUNDER and get a stock when I had been dominating the entire match up till then.

Also Ryu is super good. I'd rank him highly already, he has a bit of a learning curve though.

Edited by Jedi

Also Ryu is super good. I'd rank him highly already, he has a bit of a learning curve though.

Ryu DOES seem super good in good hands. But yeah, he has to have the biggest learning curve of any character in the game now, even Rosalina.

Also, Jedi, didn't you want to play me? Let's play if you're up for it now. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Ryu DOES seem super good in good hands. But yeah, he has to have the biggest learning curve of any character in the game now, even Rosalina.

Also, Jedi, didn't you want to play me? Let's play if you're up for it now. :)

I sadly can't play currently or I would. Later tonight or tomorrow is alot more likely.

If you want to add my NNID in the meantime. It's Jedisupersonic.

Edited by Jedi

Does Ryu really have three button inputs? I haven't really messed around with him much but I can't get the middle one. It just looks like tap and hold to me.

I sadly can't play currently or I would. Later tonight or tomorrow is alot more likely.

Aw, dang. If later tonight means anywhere past 10:00 PM EST, we'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon, I got work in the morning. And then right when I get out Nintendo's E3 starts. xP

And thanks, I'll add you if I haven't already!

Edited by Anacybele

Later tonight does works for me, if you want to pay someone.

Aw, dang. If later tonight means anywhere past 10:00 PM EST, we'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon, I got work in the morning. And then right when I get out Nintendo's E3 starts. xP

And thanks, I'll add you if I haven't already!

Ah I see, well. Don't worry we'll get to it eventually :P

Later tonight does works for me, if you want to pay someone.

I may be going against splart (Doofina) lateish tonight, but that depends on, well if I get back in a reasonable time. I'm going to go play some Bingo with family and see a grandpa :P. Also why would I pay you? Is this some kind of smash prostitution?

Oh right, 11:00 eastern is my limit, so hopefully I can catch you at least once Jedi?

It's otay, we'll play eventually.

Edited by Jedi

I played Falcon in Brawl.

I'm not going to pretend he was tournament viable against other characters.

But after going through that, I don't get fazed by my mains getting nerfed anymore.

If anything, it was FUN to see more skilled players than me get hit by a Falcon Punch.

I think a few you guys should just take a more chill attitude, honestly.