SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

This is why Smash 4 is best Smash, though. People can make all the silly tier lists they want, but at the end of the day it really just comes down to the players.

Not exactly true, while player skill has a-lot to do with it, character choice is still pretty key.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly true, while player skill has a-lot to do with it, character choice is still pretty key.

I'm not saying character choice is meaningless. Some matchups are going to be pretty unfavorable regardless. Doesn't mean the character in the bad matchup is necessarily a bad character, per se (e.g. Donkey Kong).

I still think Sheik is pretty overrated, though, FWIW.

Edited by Tamarsamar

So, having followed this thread off and on... who the heck is Shin and what does his mom have to do with anything?

Not a clue, I heard he's really handsome though.

Mr. R faced ZeRo in grand finals at Evo and ranked top 8 here. I don't think he sucks.

Also, (default) Donkey Kong isn't good, it's just DK Will who's really good.

I could say the same for Olimar considering Dabuz is the only one who used Olimar in a competitive level at all well, yet I keep getting told Olimar is good so (shrugs).

Also I have some late gifs I was trying to find earlier to the people who make the comment of "Sheik is overrated"

http://gfycat.com/RecentElegantFrilledlizard

http://gfycat.com/LawfulGroundedCapybara

Edited by Jedi

Y'all are crazy or play against bad Sheiks if you think she's overrated. Yes, she's not as bad as Melee Fox or Brawl Metaknight, but she definitely does invalidate some of the cast at a competitive level.

I really did not not understand that

You said she's "not as bad as" them. That means she's better than them.

Oh, wait, I misread your post here, you said you "did not not" understand, so you did understand. Sorry.

Y'all are crazy or play against bad Sheiks if you think she's overrated. Yes, she's not as bad as Melee Fox or Brawl Metaknight, but she definitely does invalidate some of the cast at a competitive level.

yeah I agree I was just making a joke since the gfys were of zero

...except they weren't, when I'd shared them I'd misremembered them as BOTH being of zero, but one of them was from a different Sheik from Cali (Trevonte, and Norcal, not Socal)

I'm in the new tourney. Someone fight me. :P (I'd post in the tourney thread, but I'd be double posting if I did since I was the last person to post there)

Also I have some late gifs I was trying to find earlier to the people who make the comment of "Sheik is overrated"

http://gfycat.com/RecentElegantFrilledlizard

http://gfycat.com/LawfulGroundedCapybara

Seeing how it's mostly just me saying that . . .

The first Sheik got off multiple hard reads in a row, and the second was piloted by Zero. With either of those criterion, pretty much any other character could have gotten similar (if not better) results.

Clearly the answer is to counterpick Shulk.

Nah, given the evidence I would agree that Rosaluma is legitimately overpowered at the moment. Certainly does not help that people are still getting used to fighting against someone like them in the first place.

Rosalina is not that good. She has some weird low/mid tier matchups that she loses in (Captain Falcon, Shulk, Marth for example) and doesn't have that many results as of late.

The Luma jank is really weird tho (you can kill at like 40% near the ceiling due to Luna's crazy base knockback).

Rosalina also has arguably the best uair in the game too.

Also to add to Knifes list. Mario and Dark Pit have easier times with Luma then most as well.

Edited by Jedi

Rosalina is not that good. She has some weird low/mid tier matchups that she loses in (Captain Falcon, Shulk, Marth for example) and doesn't have that many results as of late.

Since when is Captain Falcon low/mid tier? And...since when does Rosa lose to him? At worst I'd say it's about even.

Whoa, was this found just recently?

I think the deal with Luma's Up Smash being a OHKO is because normally Rosalina is supposed to hit with her Up Smash right after, thus altering the knockback and making it weaker overall. (Think Mii Brawler/Reverse Blazer OHKO on lightweights)

TBH Rosalina has quite a number of tools herself that would make people want to say "wtf this is BS".