SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Esam is right about a couple of things, though: 50+ of the characters are viable (a good chunk of which are clearly "underdeveloped" in the tournament scene), and the pronunciation of "Dedede".

The official English pronunciation is "King Dee Dee Dee".

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't it a difference in region?

like the official japanese pronunciation is day-day-day (or maybe deh-deh-deh I've heard both), while offical enlish media have been dee-dee-dee

It's still ridiculous having a swipe of the hand be around as long as a sword swing from a character built around spacing.

It's still ridiculous having a swipe of the hand be around as long as a sword swing from a character built around spacing.

Its still not Marths main issue, regardless of how much sense it makes lol.

He lacks his flow and speed, if he had that people would stop thinking his range from Brawl got nerfed.

Sheik is stupid though. Not gonna lie.

He lacks his flow and speed, if he had that people would stop thinking his range from Brawl got nerfed.

Before: "Spaced front-air on shield? You can't punish me! LOLOLOL"

Now: "Crap, landing lag!"

This would be fine if they made his grab game better, but they didn't.

Generally speaking, ranged characters tend to be a bit slower as a tradeoff. Marth is now included.

Generally speaking, faster characters tend to have less range as a tradeoff. Sheik is not included. (Heck, let's even give her TWO projectiles!)

Edited by Zera

Maybe next patch... Along with giving Shulk actual frame data.

Maybe next patch... Along with giving Shulk actual frame data.

shulk has LOTS of actual frame data

he has SO MANY frames it's almost unfair!

Before: "Spaced front-air on shield? You can't punish me! LOLOLOL"

Now: "Crap, landing lag!"

Generally speaking, ranged characters tend to be a bit slower as a tradeoff. Marth is now included.

Generally speaking, faster characters tend to have less range as a tradeoff. Sheik is not included. (Heck, let's even give her TWO projectiles!)

the idea is to not put yourself in situations where you have to shield against marth

Actually, that Marth moved one or two feet forward after his attacks, but you need to play the gif in slow-mo to see it easily.

What are you talking about? Marth lands in the same exact spot after each swipe. It might look like he's move, but that's just the landing animation.

What are you talking about? Marth lands in the same exact spot after each swipe. It might look like he's move, but that's just the landing animation.

If you compare where he's standing at the start to where he's standing after his attacks, he definitely appears to have moved forward slightly. He jumps so quickly at the start it's hard for me to be absolutely certain, though.

Some research has been done on general trends on media in terms of their voting

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/

This is not in any way 100% accurate and I hope no one will take it at complete face value. The trends seem to be a bit interesting, although with Sakurai's mentioning of "other picks will be fanservice" I have a feeling the guy is trying to get as many veterans back from Melee and Brawl as he can.

Also maybe a few highly requested people over the years for all we know.

Edited by Jedi

I enlarged the animation and played it at x0.0625 speed. At the start, Marth's right foot appears to be on the yellow spiral in the middle of Battlefield. After the third attack, however, his foot is standing after the spiral. The animation starts with a jump though. Either his foot moves back when he jumps, or he moved forward.

http://gfycat.com/ConstantQuerulousCuttlefish#?speed=0.0625

If you compare where he's standing at the start to where he's standing after his attacks, he definitely appears to have moved forward slightly. He jumps so quickly at the start it's hard for me to be absolutely certain, though.

I thought they used the second analog for the air attack, so you couldn't possibly move.