SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just says maintenance, that doesn't say there will be anything to download. I hope there is a patch though, Samus needs a jab that other characters can't jab out of, it doesn't do nearly enough damage to have that kind of fault. Samus needs a lot of things actually.

So, assuming there will be four more characters, then my bets would be Wolf, Shovel Knight, Isaac and King K. Rool. Who do you guys think it will be?

I think Wolf and Dixie Kong have the strongest chances. Wolf is by far the most-requested remaining veteran, and Dixie is both highly requested and was at least considered for Brawl (she has some data in the game's code). Unfortunately, I doubt K Rool or Inklings will get in after they were made into Mii costumes, which is a bummer considering I voted for Inklings and supported K Rool. I could see another classic and iconic 3rd party character like Simon Belmont, Bomberman, or Rayman being added, due to the hype and sales they bring. That might be wishful thinking, though...

Beyond that, I'm not going to pretend I can predict Sakurai. I guess I would lean toward predicting one or more of Bandana Dee, Isaac, Impa, Wonder Red, or Chibi-Robo since they seem like they would be good fits, but I don't see any particular evidence pointing to them.

But the characters I WANT...well Lyn of course :P

Yeah, sadly, Dixie is the only one I put on that list up there that I actually want. The other three I'd love to have are Vaati, Daisy, and...huh, I can't think of a fourth. I'd say Ghirahim or Keldeo, but they're an assist and Pokeball Pokemon, respectively. And I'd say one of my favorite notable FE characters, but we have enough FE characters in the game right now.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, sadly, Dixie is the only one I put on that list up there that I actually want. The other three I'd love to have are Vaati, Daisy, and...huh, I can't think of a fourth. I'd say Ghirahim or Keldeo, but they're an assist and Pokeball Pokemon, respectively. And I'd say one of my favorite notable FE characters, but we have enough FE characters in the game right now.

I think Daisy is more likely than K. Rool, Isaac, or Inklings tbh.

I think Daisy is more likely than K. Rool, Isaac, or Inklings tbh.

Considering a good chunk of the Mario fandom finds her very unnecessary and the fact she's only been in spin-off games since Super Mario Land... I'm not too sure.

Considering a good chunk of the Mario fandom finds her very unnecessary and the fact she's only been in spin-off games since Super Mario Land... I'm not too sure.

I'm not saying I think Daisy is coming, but she is quite popular in certain areas (notably, she's more popular in Japan than in the west) and is well-recognizable in general. K. Rool and Inklings have their DLC costumes suggesting they're not coming as full DLC fighters (an Inkling trophy, too), and Isaac's popularity is rather overstated.

I didn't think Daisy had any popularity anywhere... I always thought most people found her annoying and dumb simply because of "Hi, I'm Daisy!" in Mario Kart: Double Dash... Which I find rather ridiculous. I think Daisy is the cutest and coolest of the Mario princesses. She has a flower theme too, which is definitely to my liking. And she wears yellow, which is my favorite color after blue. She's supposed to be kinda like me character-wise too. Loud, proud, and tomboyish and she also seems to get frustrated easily. :P

I also heard that she calls Luigi "sweetie" in Mario Tennis or something like that. That's just too cute. XD

Edited by Anacybele

I don't reckon Daisy has much potential. Beyond character popularity what can she actually do that Peach can't? Either we'd get a straight up clone with the most minor of differences, which I don't think people are interested in seeing as DLC, or in a way that might force it somewhat, give her a moveset entirely based around the sports and spin off games.

I'm not saying I think Daisy is coming, but she is quite popular in certain areas (notably, she's more popular in Japan than in the west) and is well-recognizable in general. K. Rool and Inklings have their DLC costumes suggesting they're not coming as full DLC fighters (an Inkling trophy, too), and Isaac's popularity is rather overstated.

I honestly think all 4 don't have much of a shot overall, but I think Daisy is one of the least likely candidates. I think even the likes of Krystal and Geno have more support.

I don't reckon Daisy has much potential. Beyond character popularity what can she actually do that Peach can't? Either we'd get a straight up clone with the most minor of differences, which I don't think people are interested in seeing as DLC, or in a way that might force it somewhat, give her a moveset entirely based around the sports and spin off games.

Plus Peach already has some of the more sportlike attributes as is, I mean Sakurai has done more with less though. Considering Fox and Captain Falcon had NOTHING outside of their vehicles other then comics showing them outside of them.

Edited by Jedi

Daisy, Vaati, and Dixie Kong are all characters that I actually do want. It'd be great if any of them got in! I actually like Daisy, I don't find her annoying at all. Other than Lyn, I really want Ephraim as far as FE goes, but that will never happen...

I honestly think all 4 don't have much of a shot overall.

Plus Peach already has some of the more sportlike attributes as is, I mean Sakurai has done more with less though. Considering Fox and Captain Falcon had NOTHING outside of their vehicles other then comics showing them outside of them.

Yeah but when it came to Captain Falcon and Fox, it was more representing the series than the character. True they still are represented very well, taking things you wouldn't expect, but the reason they're in there is because they're part of major franchises (or then major franchises in these two examples). When it comes to Daisy we already have what, six Mario characters without including spin offs? I know it's Mario but a seventh really isn't necessary.

it's not just the mario thing, but also a mario character that looks exactly like peach, who already has a daisy palette....

at least clifford the big red dog could bring something new

Edited by PichuMaster3000

I honestly feel we don't need any more Mario, Zelda, FE, Pokemon characters.

But if Sakurai and/or the fans put another of any of those into the game then so be it.

I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character Like Lyn , to be honest.

Rally for Lyn!

it's not just the mario thing, but also a mario character that looks exactly like peach, who already has a daisy palette....

Daisy does not look like Peach at all. And I've personally always hated that palette, I've always felt it was a disservice to Daisy. She gets way too much hate and is sidelined far too often.

Daisy does not look like Peach at all. And I've personally always hated that palette, I've always felt it was a disservice to Daisy. She gets way too much hate and is sidelined far too often.

It's a nice little nod to her existence. Due to the lack of much difference between them.

Disservice on the other hand are every single Mii Costume, so you can "pretend" that character is in the game.

Edited by Jedi

250px-PeachDaisy_MP9.png

if you "look" at that and think they aren't aesthetically similar at all, then you probably have visual issues

Edited by PichuMaster3000

Mario has a Wario palette, I guess we don't need Wa- oh wait.

A color palette means literally nothing.

People also said Rosalina would just be a Peach clone, and look how that turned out.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

But if Sakurai and/or the fans put another of any of those into the game then so be it.

Mario and Pokemon, yes but Zelda only has four characters and has had those same four for three games now (Toon Link and Young Link are the same character, shut up). Of course the four we have are all in a tier in their own for importance which makes it hard to really choose and adequate fifth character. Vaati or Tingle seem like the only real candidates for me.

Mario has a Wario palette, I guess we don't need Wa- oh wait.

A color palette means literally nothing.

People also said Rosalina would just be a Peach clone, and look how that turned out.

wario has his own spin-off. rosalina had stuff like luma to work with, so please don't ever compare her with daisy again.

Clifford too big for Smash, madee stage boss instead.

I actually wouldn't mind another Zelda character, one outside of the Triforce holders. I've always thought something interesting could be made out of Skull Kid or Vaati.

As for Daisy, I've just never found her interesting enough for a Smash game.