SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This grand final was so silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymXFoCmITgQ

omg yesssss

I only started watching with the last part of the last game of the first set, but it was so great

DID THAT MAN JUST WALK UP SLOWLY AND UPSMASH five times in a row

as a sidenote: FUCK

I wanted to vote for buffing Sheik's fair, but giving Zelda a one-time irreversible panic button is too good to pass up.

also Shin you should make these polls public

Some research has been done on general trends on media in terms of their voting

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/

So King K. Rool is requested a lot in Japan too according to that article, huh?

King K. Rool sure is leading a lot of the Smash Ballot popularity polls from a lot of the sources I've seen. I sure hope he does make it in, especially since he's my most wanted DLC character that's most likely to make it in.

I'm also going to throw this out there: I really don't think the K. Rool Mii costume deconfirms him as DLC. I mean, with King K. Rool's popularity on the ballots, why would he "deconfirm" him by making him into a Mii costume, especially this early into the Smash character DLC list when none of the DLC characters so far were directly affected by the ballot? (Sakurai even confirmed that Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were in development before the ballot was active). If Sakurai already put in 2 or so DLC characters that were added because of the ballot, then put in the K. Rool Mii costume, I'd concede that K. Rool is likely to be deconfirmed (I mean, it'd make sense since it'd give the message of "for those who wanted K. Rool, I know you may not have wanted the DLC characters that were added from the ballot, so here's a costume of K. Rool as consolation"). But "deconfirming" arguably the #1 most requested Smash DLC character by making him a costume this early (and before we even got a single DLC character that was directly affected by the ballot) makes zero sense. For all we know, the Mii costume could be his way of saying "you guys want K. Rool that much? Alright. We'll get to work on him and we'll give you a Mii costume of him to curb off the anticipation while we develop him."

If I turn out to be wrong, then fine, and I'll accept it. I just want to throw that possibility out there. Plus, when K. Rool does get in, I can point back to this post and be all "in your face" to all you naysayers.

It isn't "Well, I made a costume for him so I won't make him playable." It's "I decided not to make him playable, so I made a costume for him." Technically speaking, the Mii costume does not "deconfirm" K. Rool, it's just the message that he likely won't be playable; he was "deconfirmed" - in that Sakurai chose not to make him playable - prior to the costume.

This is assuming I'm correct in believing that Sakurai chose not to make K. Rool playable, of course, which I feel is the very likely scenario, but isn't 100%. Point is, it's very doubtful the costume was made before a decision on K. Rool being playable or not was made.

Voted to give Rosalina a second Luma because I'm biased toward my main.

Luma is so powerful he should be standalone character anyway. I saw a video of Luma KOing Bowser at 0%, but I can't find it.

Luma is so powerful he should be standalone character anyway. I saw a video of Luma KOing Bowser at 0%, but I can't find it.

They should introduce a new character, Luma and Luma. The most OP character ever.

I found the video, it was a few pages back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3XN3m-6q7w

Edited by Tsunami922

For every infuriating night of endless For Glory spam and salt, I am so glad I get the occassional night like tonight. I fought 3 people who were all near-perfect matches for my skill, and who would message back and forth with me via the name box about all the absurd things going on. While playing one of those guys, I made a comment about an awesome pit-fight (air battle below the stage) from our previous match, and the person immediately interpreted that as me wanting a Pit ditto fight. In hindsight, that was terrible wording on my part. So I ended up Dark Pit dittoing this guy, and got REKT. But I seriously had so much fun. After how much I've been stressing lately about trying to improve my play, it was great to have a night to simultaneously test out what I've learned and unwind a bit.

Anybody else have any fun stories from For Glory recently?

For every infuriating night of endless For Glory spam and salt, I am so glad I get the occassional night like tonight. I fought 3 people who were all near-perfect matches for my skill, and who would message back and forth with me via the name box about all the absurd things going on. While playing one of those guys, I made a comment about an awesome pit-fight (air battle below the stage) from our previous match, and the person immediately interpreted that as me wanting a Pit ditto fight. In hindsight, that was terrible wording on my part. So I ended up Dark Pit dittoing this guy, and got REKT. But I seriously had so much fun. After how much I've been stressing lately about trying to improve my play, it was great to have a night to simultaneously test out what I've learned and unwind a bit.

Anybody else have any fun stories from For Glory recently?

>Plays For Glory

>Opponent Mario finally takes a stock while he is at 103% last stock

>Opponent Mario proceeds to double taunt

>My Link dash attacks opponent and ends opponent's life

>Exits lobby in search of a new opponent

>Opponent Captain Falcon appears!

>Opponent runs towards me and constantly rolls backwards

>My Greninja charges Water Shuriken and hits him

>Opponent starts dash grabbing

>Hit opponent with water shuriken again

>Proceed to build around %70 by water shuriken alone

>Goes to the abyss and Dair cuz opponent had no intelligence. Repeat.

Hmm... The answer is no.

It isn't "Well, I made a costume for him so I won't make him playable." It's "I decided not to make him playable, so I made a costume for him." Technically speaking, the Mii costume does not "deconfirm" K. Rool, it's just the message that he likely won't be playable; he was "deconfirmed" - in that Sakurai chose not to make him playable - prior to the costume.

This is assuming I'm correct in believing that Sakurai chose not to make K. Rool playable, of course, which I feel is the very likely scenario, but isn't 100%. Point is, it's very doubtful the costume was made before a decision on K. Rool being playable or not was made.

Well, with the heavy amount of requests King K. Rool is getting from both Japan and the west, Sakurai could change his stance on not making him playable. I mean, I'm quite sure that King K. Rool isn't in the same boat as Ridley in terms of being heavily requested but Sakurai being adamantly against his inclusion for one reason or another (I mean, Ridley and Ice Climbers are the only characters Sakurai explicitly made articles for explaining why they're excluded, and for the record I want both of them playable in SSB4 even if it's unlikely). I mean, Sakurai did change his mind on Sonic in Brawl because of the heavy amount of requests he got and added him late in Brawl's development, so the same could also happen for King K. Rool in terms of making him DLC.

I suppose that's the last I'll say on the matter of King K. Rool for now, unless some other article or news comes up that pertains to the issue. So far, I'm personally predicting that King K. Rool, the Inklings, and Isaac will be playable DLC characters for Smash 4.

Well, with the heavy amount of requests King K. Rool is getting from both Japan and the west, Sakurai could change his stance on not making him playable. I mean, I'm quite sure that King K. Rool isn't in the same boat as Ridley in terms of being heavily requested but Sakurai being adamantly against his inclusion for one reason or another

All this I agree with. It's always possible. I did say it's not 100% that he won't come, I just don't expect him to.

So far, I'm personally predicting that King K. Rool, the Inklings, and Isaac will be playable DLC characters for Smash 4.

Lol, I'm not expecting any of those three to make it.

As of right now, all I can say in confidence is that I believe Wolf will be DLC.

Lucas and Roy, kinda gave me the impression Sakurai wants to bring back as many veterans as physically possible.

It kinda makes me sad that a lot of the votes are simply for veterans, there's gotta be at least one newcomer to come. I doubt it will happen, but I hope they don't decide to do a newcomer and instead do a veteran. Personally, I do want all the veterans to return (even Pichu and Snake), but if given the choice between any of them and a newcomer, I'd choose a newcomer.

It kinda makes me sad that a lot of the votes are simply for veterans, there's gotta be at least one newcomer to come. I doubt it will happen, but I hope they don't decide to do a newcomer and instead do a veteran. Personally, I do want all the veterans to return (even Pichu and Snake), but if given the choice between any of them and a newcomer, I'd choose a newcomer.

I'm of the same opinion. I loved Roy and Mewtwo in Melee and was disappointed that they didn't come back in Brawl, but the truth is I could always play as them in Melee. I think its important to get back most of the same cast when first making the game but when expending extra resources like this, I think it better to thread over new ground rather than repeating the past. Though from a financial stand point simply porting and tweaking veterans is a lot more costly than designing and making a new moveset.

Not that I'm disappointed we got Roy or Mewtwo back of course. I'm delighted we did. It's just, given the option, I'd probably trade one of them in for the likes of Isaac or Saki.

Edited by Jotari

Rumours are rarely ever true, it's probably in response to Shovel Knight teasing that their Nintendo exclusive content (on the SK game itself) is going to be revealed soon at PAX. Getting people riled up and hyped.

If it is true, that would be awesome for me, because I love the game and it's my favourite platformer ever. Plus Shovel Knight is such a funny character. I doubt it however, but then again, I haven't read the rumour.

Edited by Knight

I've been following this Shovel Knight business. The tl;dr version is that I really doubt it.

The longer version is: some guy on Twitter named Tamaki has been dropping hints for a day or two now that he knows the next Smash fighter reveal due to some inside source, but he was just teasing for a while. He's apparently someone who has leaked legitimate information in the past, but has also been really trolly and made plenty of mistakes. He said (or implied, I'm not quite sure on this) that Shovel Knight would be revealed at PAX, then backpedaled and said it would be "soon."

It's just a really sketchy situation that is unlikely to be for real. Shovel Knight has way too much going against his inclusion in Smash.

I actually just watched a bunch of his videos, some of them are pretty interesting, he definitely has got some real information in the past, but it really depends more on the sources than the journalist who speaks for them, and it looks like he has been wrong before.

If an Indie 3rd party got in, I think Shantae would be much better suited, she's been around for quite some time and mostly on Nintendo consoles.

Plus she has more to her then Shovel Knight imo.