SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that we'll get Wolf, Snake and Cloud after the Direct, and at the end they'll announce 3 characters to come later, which I will guess to be Shovel Knight, Isaac, and some other character like K. Rool, Dixie Kong or some other popular choice. I think it's unrealistic to think there will be less than one character announced. If not 3, there will be 6, that's my guess.

The data mining only showed three more characters, one of which we know is Cloud.

This is going to be the last major Smash 4 event, so I think its safe to assume, Cloud and the other two characters will be the last ones and we'll finally have a finalized roster and perhaps we can finally tier this sucker accurately.

The data mining only showed three more characters, one of which we know is Cloud.

But they can also add more slots as well, as those ones weren't there in the vanilla game.

But they can also add more slots as well, as those ones weren't there in the vanilla game.

But seeing as this is the final presentation, I highly doubt it at this point, but who knows.

Yeah I agree that Cloud and only two other characters are likely, nothing more than that. As for my own predictions, I'm honestly not entirely sure. So far they haven't really gone with what most people would predict or expect (and I personally think they have NOT delivered on the whole "DLC is for fanservice!" thing, if it was they'd have put in the most-requested characters by now). I'm thinking more third-party or indie characters are likely, since the only Nintendo characters have been returning vets.

But seeing as this is the final presentation, I highly doubt it at this point, but who knows.

Depends how long they want the DLC to go on for.

If everything is dropping on Tuesday, then yeah it might just be three characters. But if they want to milk it out further and spread it out, we may see more.

Yeah I agree that Cloud and only two other characters are likely, nothing more than that. As for my own predictions, I'm honestly not entirely sure. So far they haven't really gone with what most people would predict or expect (and I personally think they have NOT delivered on the whole "DLC is for fanservice!" thing, if it was they'd have put in the most-requested characters by now). I'm thinking more third-party or indie characters are likely, since the only Nintendo characters have been returning vets.

but I hate the popular characters

also please sakurai deliver me unto shantae and/or shovel knight

...who are...also popularly-requested characters XD

Which is why I singled them out. They're the only ones I like.

I made a list of characters I would like. I wouldn't be disappointed otherwise because I really have no room to complain with everything I've gotten, but it's Bandana Dee, Andy, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Fiora, Elma, Phoenix Wright, and Starfy (somehow). Squirtle and Ivysaur are my favoritest but I also think any more veterans would be really disappointing.

Fixed that for you. Literally all of your complaints can stem from this.

lol it's not my fault all of you love endless veterans and donkey kong characters

because snake, wolf, k. rool, and dixie are the only characters but i wouldn't be thrilled by inklings

every character I listed has more charm and character than a thousand k rools

if k tool gets revealed I'll probably legitimately cry

why would you be disappointed if your favorite characters return? you really don't want them to return just becuase they're veterans? you're thinking too much about this.

why would you be disappointed if your favorite characters return? you really don't want them to return just becuase they're veterans? you're thinking too much about this.

Because it would be terrible to fill the final Direct with veterans. As Cloud has proven, nothing gets people riled up like a good newcomer trailer. I already have Lucas back, and thanks to Mewtwo, I wouldn't hold my breath for more Pokemon

although Squirtle in SSB4's art style would be beautiful

Because it would be terrible to fill the final Direct with veterans. As Cloud has proven, nothing gets people riled up like a good newcomer trailer. I already have Lucas back, and thanks to Mewtwo, I wouldn't hold my breath for more Pokemon

although Squirtle in SSB4's art style would be beautiful

I seriously think the only remaining veteran we're getting is Wolf. He's highly requested and rounds up the Star Fox trio.

Pichu MIGHT make it in but his status as a clone/joke character kinda holds him back, not to mention too many pokemon already, which also works against Squirtle and Ivysaur. And while Squirtle is popular enough, Ivysaur is kinda meh without the Pokemon Trainer gimmick.

Ice Climbers isn't happening unless Sakurai completely redoes the moveset to work as a single AI, but that likely isn't happening since it means essentially redoing the character from scratch, and fans might consider it a "lesser" version of the original.

Snake isn't happening because FuckKonami.

Young Link has effectively been replaced with Toon Link so there's little reason to bring him back. (Note that I fully approve of a completely decloned Young Link that uses mask transformations as his moveset gimmick, but that isn't happening on this game).

If we are getting indeed just three more characters, then I say Cloud (confirmed), Wolf (obvious pick) and Inkling. I think Inkling is the perfect character to round up the DLC and end the roster on a high note, since she's basically the character from "the game everybody is talking about" right now. If not Inkling, then who? Dixie Kong? K. Rool? Impa? Isaac? Andy? Wonder Red? I'm sure those characters would make a lot of people happy, and on their own, they aren't bad picks, but after the Cloud reveal, ending the Smash DLC on any of them would feel anti-climatic.

Given that the last reveal was Cloud of all things, Inklings don't really come off as very climactic either imho. Besides, isn't there already a mii costume of them as well? Not taking any solid guesses, cause even I don't know what to expect anymore, but with someone as big as Cloud coming prior, it'd have to be something equally as big, if not bigger. Idk who that'd be, but I don't see any 1st party character fitting that bill anymore

Given that the last reveal was Cloud of all things, Inklings don't really come off as very climactic either imho. Besides, isn't there already a mii costume of them as well? Not taking any solid guesses, cause even I don't know what to expect anymore, but with someone as big as Cloud coming prior, it'd have to be something equally as big, if not bigger. Idk who that'd be, but I don't see any 1st party character fitting that bill anymore

Well, I don't think that the final reveal has to necessarily be as big as Cloud, just good enough for most people to say "I'm cool with this", which is something I believe Inkling can achieve. I also don't think we're getting just three characters. Some people are thinking four (to match the previous batch of DLC characters) and others are thinking six (based on the 3DS CSS theory). If that's the case, then there is certainly plenty of room to surprise and satisfy the fans, even if none of those characters is individually as big as Cloud.

There's also the fact they don't necessarily have to surprise us with characters. I'm hoping that we get at least one new game mode. Obviously I'm not expecting something like Subspace Emmissary, but something along the lines Melee's Adventure mode would be a bigger deal to me than any character possibly could.

10 hours of downtime? That's a huge period of downtime.

10 less hours for us to smash with Ice, Refa, Timp and others :(:

I guess we can just save all of the spikes for that timeframe.

note that historically nintendo has allotted themselves more time than they actually use for smash downtime

still never even half of ten hours, tho

After reflecting on Cloud, while I do like him, I think I'd rather have Lightning even if that's unpopular. For one, the reactions would have been hilarious. I like also FFXIII for whatever reason and I think she's cool. she also kinda meshes really well with ryu as weird as that sounds

[/s]unless of course Midgar has a blinded by light track please let that happen[/s]