SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I don't expect we'll know anything until February.

The presentation said the update would be on the official website. I'd expect something pretty soon.

Say what you will about Kamui/Corrin, but I'm gonna main the hella out of him when he's released

Anyone else notice that you can't grab the ledge soon right after getting hit? I've been in a 4 minute match of DocMario just throwing pills and my Marth would never Ledge Snap with Up-B. I'm salty as hell that this is a thing and Sakurai just won't fix this. Whether he knows about it or not.

being able to grab the ledge during damagefly (when you're launched and can't act) is silly. you shouldn't be getting hit in the first place. that's not to mention that it could screw a ton of stuff up anyway.

Well, you can't dodge and use a recovery move at the same time. Great Geargia Gateway clearly was put in a trap that he couldn't get out of because Marth couldn't grab the ledge.

By the way, why doesn't Cloud speak English in the game when he did in the trailer? I know he did in the trailer because he said "I never thought I'd see the day." And doesn't he have a game in English?

Edited by Anacybele

Or maybe they simply didn't manage to get Cloud's English voice actor for one reason or another and they didn't want to get some replacement that no one would associate with the character. But when it comes to the songs, it really is hard to come up with an explanation besides Square-Enix being difficult to negotiate with. Although technically speaking, Street Fighter also has only 2 themes.

Edited by BrightBow

he didn't even say anything in english in the trailer either, it was just subtitled.

No, he did have a voiced line that said "I never thought I'd see the day." I remember it.

i'd say its more licensing than voice actor avilability. I mean it's not like it's a huge job to voice act for a game like Smash Bros. The guy (Steve Burton to be accurate) probably could have done it in a single day. You just need generic battle grunts, special moves, victory animations and taunts. And even if they didn't want to pay the guy they probably could have used stock footage from Dissidia or somewhere else.

His trailer lines were subtitled but they were still voiced in Japanese.

No, they were not. I remember clearly exactly how he said it. He had an English voice actor in the trailer. Maybe you guys were watching the European one, I don't know.

EDIT: I just looked it up, but I can't find the exact trailer. They all have him speaking Japanese. Something must've been changed, because I remember very clearly. I remember because I thought it was a pretty good voice.

Edited by Anacybele

No, they were not. I remember clearly exactly how he said it. He had an English voice actor in the trailer. Maybe you guys were watching the European one, I don't know.

Here:

Edited by Dotty