SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I... sorry to... horrifically derail the topic with this, but I actually want to know everyone's opinion on the more hectic stages vs. the simpler ones. I mean, maybe I'm surrounded by a bunch of competitive players, but it feels like not very many people enjoy or even LIKE the more hectic stages...

In Brawl, I'll play on simple stages, but I prefer hectic stages since I usually play 3-4 player FFAs with some items on. That said, there are a few where it becomes less of a fight and more of "who can abuse the stage gimmicks more," like Mario Bros. and Flat Zone 2. Those I have set to Off on the Random Stage setting. I also dislike any stage with a walk-off since recovery is a big part of the game to me.

I actually love the idea behind Mushroomy Kingdom, and the music in Rumble Falls is fantastic, but I absolutely hate both as a stage.

It's common to compare something to it's predecessor and give your opinion. But to constantly shit all over it for every little difference?

No. It's good to hate Brawl because it's a terrible game.

I... sorry to... horrifically derail the topic with this, but I actually want to know everyone's opinion on the more hectic stages vs. the simpler ones. I mean, maybe I'm surrounded by a bunch of competitive players, but it feels like not very many people enjoy or even LIKE the more hectic stages...

I actually like them by equal, just depends on my preference (structure, background music, etc.). I think real competitive players show their skills in any given situation, not only static Final Destination/Battlefield/etc. battles were almost everything is predictable and the battle is horribly static and boring... ok, both players show their true mastery, but then, they should also get out of their comfort zones and not stick themeselves to "No items, plain platform battles". Imo, true players don't fear any mode and take advantage wisely in any situation.

Also, RAGE, Brawl disc isn't working since months, it won't get past the stage selection screen when it suddenly freezes and emits an annoying sound until power's off. Yet, RD works @_@

Preferring Melee to Brawl is one thing. But saying Brawl is Big Rigs or Superman 64 level bad like quite a lot of GameFAQs members do? That's a totally different story.

This. Believe it not, the smash games are actually similar. Saying you HATE one of the games while loving another is stupid. It's also rude to those who like the game.

Well brawl did have stuff like tripping and the broke ness of Metaknight so it is pretty justified to some

There are of course other reasons as well

I like Brawl better than Melee.

Pic of the Day:
Roaslinamariopeachmattleidowi4t029jdaily

Pic of the day. Rosalina's got height! She is seriously tall! However, she boasts an anti-gravity effect, so she's very light.

My dreams of her being a heavy character archetype have been destroyed. Oh well. That should make her less OP.

Brawl isn't a bad game. The thing is, it had very big changes that made a lot of people hate it. It's understandable, because:

Melee was really fast-paced and Brawl was like the polar opposite. It's no surprise a lot of people didn't feel at home in Brawl.

Shielding in Melee had more shieldstun, so going aggro (as long as you space well and L Cancel) doesn't get punished quite as frequently as in Brawl. In brawl, the shield is way too powerful, to the point that approaching even with spacing, can get you punished.

Subspace Emmisary was a one time thing that took way too much space out of Brawl's disc and a lot of people think that got priority over the excellent multiplayer.

Tripping was a slap in the face.

Metaknight.

Ganondorf.

The defensive playstyle of Brawl leads to horribly unbalanced stuff and super campy play. See: Olimar, Ice Climbers, running the clock with Metaknight.

Lack of movement options other than running for everyone, means that approaching is even more difficult.

The dodging system is completely nuts. Way too many invincibility frames vs the amount of lag in some of the character's dodges. See: Falco spotdodging, metaknight forward roll (ugh), airdodges in general. That's not to mention that some spotdodges go into the "Z-Axis" during the frames they're supposed to be vulnerable, so some attacks will also miss, because the character (Dedede) will be in the background.

The chain grabs can't be DI'd (directional influence) at all because of the DI mechanics of the game.

Hitstun can be cancelled with an attack or an airdodge due to oversights. They didn't allow the B moves to cancel your hitstun, but probably forgot to code no attack/airdodge during hitstun. Too busy with Subspace to bother, obviously.

That's all I remember that is negative about Brawl. Quite a long list. Now, don't think i'm a hater. I just acknowledge it's faults. Despite the long list of flaws, I do love brawl and play it competitively like I do melee. I love both melee and brawl.

Rosalina <3

Her height makes me remember how Mario Kart Wii catalogues me as a heavy character, not because of my weight, but because of my height. I thought I was a medium character, but then I see dem 1m~ legs ;~;

Edited by Quintessence

I was too surprised at first when I saw on Smashforums that disliking Brawl whilst praising Melee was common opinion, however as people have said, there were arguments for it and can see their point of view. I personally like both and am sad things such as the story will be taken out, even if people were critical of it.

I was too surprised at first when I saw on Smashforums that disliking Brawl whilst praising Melee was common opinion, however as people have said, there were arguments for it and can see their point of view. I personally like both and am sad things such as the story will be taken out, even if people were critical of it.

As was I but in a way Brawl can stick out for having subspace which I found fun. I have a habit of revisiting it every now and again

Picture of the day~!

daily.jpg

Rainbow Roooooooooooad~!

Ever better?

It looks like a moving stage where you follow the track, ohmygosh, I can't handle this.

ALSO:

New Challenger Approaching Banner is back.