SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Oh GOD, that guy. He was amazing. Great theme too.

You know who I would really like to see as an Assist Trophy for Punch Out!!!?

Aran Ryan.

Bring on the horseshoes and hax.

Essentially the themes of every fighter was the same tune, just mixed with different instruments such as having Tigers be a bollywood remix or Aran Ryan's scottish version.

God, Aran Ryan pissed me off the most in Punch Out, more so than Sandman. That cheap ass Punching Glove Flail in the title defense was annoying.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Sand Bag from Melee and Brawl appeared in Little Mac's trailer that he punched the Sand Bag out of the Window.

Edited by King Marth 64

I beat you to that joke already…but still I love it! Only those who played Punch Out!!! Wii would understand this. Needs more Crunch, Dude!

Relevant:

crunchdude2.jpg

God, Aran Ryan pissed me off the most in Punch Out, more so than Sandman. That cheap ass Punching Glove Flail in the title defense was annoying.

So very very true

I want to see Super Macho Man as an assist trophy for reason other people have mentioned like "RELEASE THE BOGUS"

Glass Joe will now replace the punching bag.

YES

Haha hey its understandable and your excitement was pretty adorable :P

>/////< I - I'm not adorable...

Glass Joe will now replace the punching bag.

PFFFFFFFT. XD

Essentially the themes of every fighter was the same tune, just mixed with different instruments such as having Tigers be a bollywood remix or Aran Ryan's scottish version.

It was indeed, but all of them were amazing, just some more than others. :D

... Ugh. Such a pain.

Oh-oh-oh, so which Punch-Out songs do you guys want to hear guys?

Edited by Vashiane

Moar stuff related to Super Macho Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-MjVNir5h4

Relevant:

crunchdude2.jpg

Gotta Pump Oh!

I listed a few in the Music in Smash 4 thread. But like I said, all of the themes are the "same" tune but just different renditions to match their countries. Sandman's I suppose is the best and the most "extreme" smash sounding one.

Edited by Naui

>/////< I - I'm not adorable.

Oh come on :P

Also can you link me some punch out music to listen to?

>/////< I - I'm not adorable...

Vash at the very least your sig doesn't get more adorable.

Anyways I wish Owain would be a playable character so I can shout out things like "Sacred STOOOOOOONES" at my friends when I crush them. though i usually lose

I was expecting Little Mac since the boxing ring stage was revealed (I believe that was the very first video), though I was not expecting him in this direct.

Honestly my only experience with the series is playing the first one in the Gamecube Animal Crossing game and utterly failing at it, but I'm still excited about Little Mac's inclusion due to the fact that he's an important retro character. Is this day relevant somehow to the history of Punch Out, or is the release date theory no longer valid?

Also, though I haven't seen the entire direct yet, someone else here mentioned GBA games on the Wii U Virtual Console. Hopefully this will lead to Mother 3 finally getting a US Release (although I don't really care about Lucas returning in Smash 4. With Lucario and Toon Link both back, Lucas is probably the most expendable character who hasn't been confirmed to return. Besides Falco, but he's a veteran of two games and isn't going anywhere).

Edited by ClevelandSteve

YES YES YES X looks amazing, though I need moar. Also Child of Light looks kinda interesting

Xenoblade Chronicles was my favorite game last gen and my 2nd overall favorite game of all time(right behind Metroid Prime). X look amazing and I really hope it will be as grand(or even grander) than Xenoblade!

Do I need to add that this game looks gorgeous? Smash too, but this even more

Xenoblade Chronicles was my favorite game last gen and my 2nd overall favorite game of all time(right behind Metroid Prime). X look amazing and I really hope it will be as grand(or even grander) than Xenoblade!

Do I need to add that this game looks gorgeous? Smash too, but this even more

It was awesome and its soundtrack completely majestic.

[spoiler=I cry hearing this one 8'{]http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL04001C6F57856FCA&v=HAW4xlbyu28&feature=plpp

It was awesome and its soundtrack completely majestic.

[spoiler=I cry hearing this one 8'{]http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL04001C6F57856FCA&v=HAW4xlbyu28&feature=plpp

The first time you hear this song TT_TT

Xenoblade's soundtrack is one of the major reason why I liked the game so much. Yoko Shimomura's piece were beautiful, but the other composers were no slouch either. Hopefully, X's soundtrack will be as good, even though it's a different composer apparently(apparently he made the ost for Guilty Crown and Attack on Titan). But X definitely seems to follow Xenoblade in terms of the aesthetic and scale of its environment, which was also another reason why it was an amazing game. That first time night fell on Satorl Marsh.

[spoiler=I could literally stay hours in this place(4 min is when the real show starts)]

Edited by LuxSpes

What does all this talk about X have to do with SSB4, exactly?

People were mentioning various things about the Nintendo Direct and I let my inner fanboy get the better of me

Err, uh, that SSB4 needs Shulk! Xenoblade is such an excellent game that SSB4 can't waste this opportunity.

I at the very least think there should be a Xenoblade stage XP. The game has such great vistas it would be a shame not to use them elsewhere. A stage based on Mechonis Leg would be great(you could even have stampede of monsters as stage hazard)

Edited by LuxSpes

I'm so sad I missed the Direct. D:

But it sounds like people are happy for Little Mac. Can't say I was really expecting him, but congrats to his fans. (Has not played any Punch Out games)

Haven't played Xenoblade yet sadly, but I really want to and seeing that X gameplay video is getting me excited as well. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing those vistas as a stage or hearing that music in the game.

I'm sad we didn't get a Diddy and/or Dixie related announcement considering Tropical Freeze's release. Was there something Punch Out related that warranted Little Mac's intro instead???

The thing I'm most excited about is that Mac looks like he just might play exactly how I hoped/dreamed he would

as in, Air : Wario is to Ground : Little Mac

I'm already salivating at the thought of them as a doubles team