SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so as of now 3 final smashes have been confirmed:

Samus's Zero Laser

Wii Fit Trainer's Wii Fit

Little Mac's Giga Mac.

I dunno if there is really any character that needs a Final Smash update aside from maybe having Lucario turn Mega and/or perform Aura Storm.

Since I believe Palutena will be playable, Pit is likely getting a new FS.

I agree, do you think it'll be the Three Sacred Treasures or the Great Sacred Treasure with all its forms?

I don't see how adding the Mii is a bad idea for a Super Smash Bros. fighter? But, if they might add Mii as a Newcomer, I think they can might add the Smash Moves and Normal Moves from the Wii games that have the Miis playable, StreetPass Mii Plaza games, and the other DS and 3DS games that have Miis in it.

And also, I kinda wanted to see what Rosalina, Mega Man, Villager's Final Smash Moves are going to be, I kinda wondered if they might add the move that Mega Man launchs a Giant Powerful Mega Buster-type move from Marvel vs. Capcom series as his Final Smash or he might use something else?

Edited by King Marth 64

1.png

23.jpg

4.png

It's quite nice to finally see the full level flow, finally. I wonder how many stages like this the 3DS version will have. I mean, I'd imagine levels like this taking a lot of space on the 3DS Cart.

My stance on Miis: I personally don't want them in (as in, they're not a character I'd put on a Smash wishlist, not "keep it away!!"), but I'll hardly get upset if they do make it in. Plenty of other characters got into Smash as playable over ones I personally felt should've been in more (like Toad over a 2nd Link and 3rd parties that supported Nintendo (like Mega Man and Bomberman) much more than Sony and Microsoft over ones that didn't *cough**Snake**cough*). Miis are hardly the worst offender of that.

Don't worry too much about your Mii hate Jedi. Everyone will always have those characters that they don't want in Smash Bros., or feel that it was messed up that one character got in while another didn't (many people feel that way about Wii Fit Trainer, and I definitely don't hold it against them). Rehab and PKL with their Ice Climbers hate and Tangerine with her complete hate for any 3rd parties are among some of the many on SF. I bet even Dark Legend Vampire would get peeved if by some freak chance Captain Falcon was cut yet Wii Fit Trainer made it in along with Steve Urkel and Richard Simmons.

On a side note (please let's not go arguing against people's answers for this question), what characters did you guys personally get upset/disappointed over them not making it in as playable in Smash Bros? For me, Toad and Starfy come to mind. King K. Rool as well to an extent, but at least he hasn't been (practically) permanently reduced to Peach's meatshield or an Assist Trophy like the latter two.

I don't want Miis because I'm positive the online will be full of Shreks/Reggies/Batmans if they're playable. In theory it would be a good addition but I just don't see it working unless it's a specific Mii, which would be defeating the point of including them.

At least Shrek would fit in better appearance wise and family friendliness wise more than Snake would.

I can definitely see some problems with playable Miis in Smash and copyright problems/other problems, though. Like how there was that one issue with this one guy getting mad that a custom character of himself someone else made was being beaten up by Barack Obama in Soul Calibur V on youtube, to the point that he actually took legal action. I don't know if he tried to sue the video poster or Namco, but either way, that's ridiculous.

Edited by Randoman

That name...

So creative

Much interesting

Very Smash

I think it's a Mushroomy Kingdom type stage that's taking it to the next level.

Ooh, that Super Mario 3D Land stage looks fun!

Speaking of stages, anyone hope for a Swapnote stage a la Pictochat from Brawl? I think that would be really fun too!

I don't see how adding the Mii is a bad idea for a Super Smash Bros. fighter? But, if they might add Mii as a Newcomer, I think they can might add the Smash Moves and Normal Moves from the Wii games that have the Miis playable, StreetPass Mii Plaza games, and the other DS and 3DS games that have Miis in it.And also, I kinda wanted to see what Rosalina, Mega Man, Villager's Final Smash Moves are going to be, I kinda wondered if they might add the move that Mega Man launchs a Giant Powerful Mega Buster-type move from Marvel vs. Capcom series as his Final Smash or he might use something else?

Megaman will probably have the Rush Adaptor from Megamans 6 and 7 I'd guess, either that or perhaps we will get Hyper Megaman from Marvel Vs Capcom, also yes the Mii has potential but I just don't like the idea of them being in period no matter their uniqueness

1.png

23.jpg

4.png

It's quite nice to finally see the full level flow, finally. I wonder how many stages like this the 3DS version will have. I mean, I'd imagine levels like this taking a lot of space on the 3DS Cart.

My stance on Miis: I personally don't want them in (as in, they're not a character I'd put on a Smash wishlist, not "keep it away!!"), but I'll hardly get upset if they do make it in. Plenty of other characters got into Smash as playable over ones I personally felt should've been in more (like Toad over a 2nd Link and 3rd parties that supported Nintendo (like Mega Man and Bomberman) much more than Sony and Microsoft over ones that didn't *cough**Snake**cough*). Miis are hardly the worst offender of that.

Don't worry too much about your Mii hate Jedi. Everyone will always have those characters that they don't want in Smash Bros., or feel that it was messed up that one character got in while another didn't (many people feel that way about Wii Fit Trainer, and I definitely don't hold it against them). Rehab and PKL with their Ice Climbers hate and Tangerine with her complete hate for any 3rd parties are among some of the many on SF. I bet even Dark Legend Vampire would get peeved if by some freak chance Captain Falcon was cut yet Wii Fit Trainer made it in along with Steve Urkel and Richard Simmons.

On a side note (please let's not go arguing against people's answers for this question), what characters did you guys personally get upset/disappointed over them not making it in as playable in Smash Bros? For me, Toad and Starfy come to mind. King K. Rool as well to an extent, but at least he hasn't been (practically) permanently reduced to Peach's meatshield or an Assist Trophy like the latter two.

At least Shrek would fit in better appearance wise and family friendliness wise more than Snake would.

I can definitely see some problems with playable Miis in Smash and copyright problems/other problems, though. Like how there was that one issue with this one guy getting mad that a custom character of himself someone else made was being beaten up by Barack Obama in Soul Calibur V on youtube, to the point that he actually took legal action. I don't know if he tried to sue the video poster or Namco, but either way, that's ridiculous.

While everyone may have those characters they dislike. They are added in smash for a reason, even Miis will be the same way, I don't really have the room to argue with Sakurais choices, although I feel Wii Fit Trainer is enough on the newcomer that shows off Nintendo hardware (along with Game&Watch and R.O.B).

You also seem to forget that Snake has been on a Nintendo system a few times and that Sakurai and Kojima are close friends in terms of Snake.

I do like Bomber man yes he'd fit into smash quite well. But we got Snake and Sonic for third parties in Brawl. We see Megaman and Sonic (shortly after they had a crossover comic) along with most likely Snake again and probably Pac-Man, as much as my Tales fanboy wants Lloyd. But I'll never get him lol.

As for characters I've wanted in smash that won't ever be due to things. Eliwood my favorite lord in fe has absolutely no chance but at least his son was playable. I also lament that Leif was possible and not brought back as a later idea.

Ooh, that Super Mario 3D Land stage looks fun!

Speaking of stages, anyone hope for a Swapnote stage a la Pictochat from Brawl? I think that would be really fun too!

I predicted a Swapnote stage for a really long time, but since the service was shut down I don't think it's happening anymore. Nearly everyone stopped using Swapnote since then, and while it would have been a cool stage, it would bring too many painful memories.

Ooh, I h'ain't noticed this thread yet.

I have to say, as someone who's been hoping for playable Ridley since seeing him in the opening cinematic for Melee, I'm extremely disappointed to discover that he won't be playable in this game either. Aside from that, I'm eagerly anticipating this game. My experiences waiting for Brawl taught me to keep my speculation at a minimum; there's an extent to which it's fun, but it's very short, and afterward there's just a whole lot of potential for disappointment-- because inevitably fans will think of infinitely more ideas than one man can think of or execute. So I just content myself with trusting Sakurai's good judgment (in all non-Ridley related areas).

Also please for the love of God do NOT start an argument with me on why Ridley should not be playable. There really isn't a good reason, trust me.

You might think you have one, but I've heard them all and I WILL refute the crap out of you if you start with me. Ye be warned

Regarding the Mii characters; I see it as kind of a mostly-harmless thing if it's Soul Caliber V-style, where you just attach a character's skill set to your skin. Even if you have the option of completely choosing a custom moveset, I still don't see this as a huge problem, because you can just as easily ban them from online / tournament play to make their conception a non-issue.

However, TBH, I don't think Sakurai will go for anything like that. But, Sakurai has already proven me wrong twice before...

And we still haven't seen Ridley anywhere as an Assist Trophy or as a stage hazard in that Metroid Other M stage. I sincerely think he'll make it to the roster this time.

And we still haven't seen Ridley anywhere as an Assist Trophy or as a stage hazard in that Metroid Other M stage. I sincerely think he'll make it to the roster this time.

On the Miiverse post in which Sakurai showcased the Metroid Pyrosphere stage, Sakurai said something along the lines of, "An enemy from Samus' past will appear on this stage". Given that the stage is identical to the arena in which you fight Ridley in Other M, I don't see how it could possibly be anyone else.

Believe me, I'd LOVE to share your optimism, but my common sense dictates otherwise. =___=

Edited by BANRYU

Even if he was a stage hazard, why can't Alfonso just take over the stage hazard whenever he's being used? :) Seriously though, he didnt show him for a reason. He's been subtly teasing Ridley a bit.

Even if he was a stage hazard, why can't Alfonso just take over the stage hazard whenever he's being used? :) Seriously though, he didnt show him for a reason. He's been subtly teasing Ridley a bit.

Hehehehehe.

I actually have to admit, the principle of the Alfonso thing actually gives me a small glimmer of hope that Ridley might still be playable.

Still, I'm reluctant to get my hopes up only to have them most likely be dashed ~__~ But I guess all we can do is wait and see.

EDIT: I could say that 'subtly teasing Ridley' thing about Brawl too, which had his music prominently featured on the dojo and his lair and his ship as stages. (less than subtle, in fact) And yet. =___=

Edited by BANRYU

Unfortunately, the fact remains that there's more evidence that points to Ridley's NOT being playable (if you look at the Miiverse post I brought up, as well as the fact that Sakurai didn't want to make Ridley playable in Brawl, as evidence) than there is to him being playable.

TBH if anything, the fact that there's no news about Isaac is probably good news-- Villager and Rosalina might have been expected, but how much indication did we get that Little Mac, Megaman, and especially Wii Fit Trainer were going to be playable? No, Sakurai wants to surprise us with new characters, for the most part. If he's hinting at Ridley, I don't think there's much chance of that-- Isaac probably has a better chance, in fact.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I'm gonna go ahead and spout some personal speculative bias... (one of the only things I care to speculate on)

Does anyone else think that Tiki would make a great Assist Trophy? Of all the characters in Fire Emblem, she's technically the most recurring (after Anna but before even Marth)... I definitely don't think she has a shot at being playable, only Lord characters ever would, but she'd be super cool as an assist trophy. While I don't expect this to happen, it might make up for the lack of Ridley for me if it did lol.

Edited by BANRYU

While everyone may have those characters they dislike. They are added in smash for a reason, even Miis will be the same way, I don't really have the room to argue with Sakurais choices, although I feel Wii Fit Trainer is enough on the newcomer that shows off Nintendo hardware (along with Game&Watch and R.O.B).

You also seem to forget that Snake has been on a Nintendo system a few times and that Sakurai and Kojima are close friends in terms of Snake.

I do like Bomber man yes he'd fit into smash quite well. But we got Snake and Sonic for third parties in Brawl. We see Megaman and Sonic (shortly after they had a crossover comic) along with most likely Snake again and probably Pac-Man, as much as my Tales fanboy wants Lloyd. But I'll never get him lol.

As for characters I've wanted in smash that won't ever be due to things. Eliwood my favorite lord in fe has absolutely no chance but at least his son was playable. I also lament that Leif was possible and not brought back as a later idea.

I'm personally becoming more and more tolerant and understanding about Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion (especially since she brings a new movement and melee attacking style like Wario did in Brawl). I was just saying that it's really understandable as to why people would hate her inclusion, or get mad that she made it in yet their most requested characters didn't (yeah I know, any new playable characters that are added should be unique and add a new playing style, but it doesn't exactly hurt any less for most people when a character with little to no requests gets in over someone that's highly requested, even if the higly requested character is rather redundant and doesn't add much).

I'm well aware that Snake has had quite a few games on Nintendo consoles and that Sakurai and Kojima are buddies (I'm quite well versed with the whole Snake in Smash story, even knowing that Kojima's son was the one that first convinced Kojima to get him in Smash and that Kojima was even requesting for Snake late in Melee's development). Snake has always been more of a Sony guy, so it feels quite of place for him to be among the Nintendo cast (and even if I was in a similar position to Sakurai regarding that request, I wouldn't cave into a request like that since other friends.game companies would likely follow suite with their requests and I'd rather not deal with that). I'd be saying the same thing about characters like Crash Bandicoot or Spyro, even though those two eventually went multiplatform and lost their Sony exclusiveness. If only those three made it in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale...

No offense against Roy, but I would've preferred to have Leaf over Roy in Melee. I mean, Leaf's appearance is quite unique compared to the other lords, seeing how he has no blue on his outfit (unless you count the lavender part of the top of his outfit) and doesn't have blue hair or some close deviation of blue hair. Even though Sakurai would've likely went with the Marth clone route with him and wouldn't give him spears or axes to reference his Master Knight abilities, he still could've added fire, lightning, and wind elemental sword strikes to reference his magical abilities as a Master Knight.

Even if he was a stage hazard, why can't Alfonso just take over the stage hazard whenever he's being used? :)

We should totally have 75M from Brawl come back just so we can have 8-Bit Alfonso as a stage hazard.

I'm not a heavy Ridley supports and I don't have him as one of my top 10 requested Smash characters, but I do think that Ridley's size shouldn't be that much of an issue, since Sakurai has already scaled Bowser, Kirby, and Olimar a lot from their original sizes.

TBH if anything, the fact that there's no news about Isaac is probably good news-- Villager and Rosalina might have been expected, but how much indication did we get that Little Mac, Megaman, and especially Wii Fit Trainer were going to be playable? No, Sakurai wants to surprise us with new characters, for the most part. If he's hinting at Ridley, I don't think there's much chance of that-- Isaac probably has a better chance, in fact.

Does anyone else think that Tiki would make a great Assist Trophy? Of all the characters in Fire Emblem, she's technically the most recurring (after Anna but before even Marth)... I definitely don't think she has a shot at being playable, only Lord characters ever would, but she'd be super cool as an assist trophy. While I don't expect this to happen, it might make up for the lack of Ridley for me if it did lol.

If no news means good news, I hope that also applies to Takamaru and Dillon.

As for Tiki being an Assist Trophy, she'd actually be quite an awesome choice: have her enter in human form (child or adult, doesn't matter to me, though child form did have more appearances in the series) standing silently but in meditation, then suddenly changing into a radiant white holy dragon and wreaking havoc on everything in her range with tail and claw swipes and holy fire breath. I was thinking the original Pegasus sisters would be a new assist trophy if anything, but I like the Tiki idea better.

I find it interesting you say Leifs design would make him stick out more considering that's why Sakurai decided Roy over Leif in the first place