SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

It's not an impossible scenario, but it's not very likely. Perhaps in the future we'll see third parties getting more than one character, but I don't think it'll happen in this game.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon is legit pretty cool. I think the deal with the leather is that he's supposed to be like a barbarian or something, but either way, it's not that bad.

Simon may not be the most prestigious or powerful of the Belmonts, but he's certainly the most iconic.

I'm a fan of this theme for Simon and the Castlevania franchise in general, meself... Castlevania has some very good music. S'it weird that I want Castlevania characters for that reason, hah? Ah, but I digress.

Smash series, Brawl in particular has a great soundtrack history as well. Are there any tracks you guys particularly want, from existing or new franchises?

I have a huge laundry list of necessary Megaman songs I want.

For the sake of third parties, there should be only one per company. Sakurai said that he wants to focus more on the Nintendo properties more than anything and overloading on 3rd parties would take away from that objective. I know people in Japan want a Monster Hunter hunter, but Megaman is more iconic to Capcom's initial success. Konami doesn't really have a clear cut mascot or flagship series like Capcom or Sega.

Simon would be a pretty interesting choice, but I'd get the feeling that he'd be somewhat similar to Zero Suit Samus. Not saying I wouldn't play as him though. I would like to see him or Snake in the end.

I pretty much just really want these music tracks. :3

Ballad of the Goddess from Zelda: Skyward Sword: this song is popular, amazing, beautiful, a MASTERPIECE and basically the flagship song of the game. It's GOTTA be in. Sakurai would be a fool not to include it.

Buoy Base Galaxy from the Super Mario Galaxy games: It's a kickass tune and one of the few tracks to be used in both games without being remixed.

More FE: Radiant Dawn music, specifically Stalwarts Unite. It's my favorite FE recruitment theme. :D Also, get rid of Power-Hungry Fool and replace it with Bittersweet Victory.

More Four Sword Zelda music, specifically tracks from The Minish Cap. Four Swords Adventures got one in Brawl, but TMC didn't? Minish Cap has awesome music, mainly Mount Crenel and Vaati's themes. <3

Oh, and Rainbow Road from Mario Kart Wii! It's so awesome.

Edited by Anacybele

There's a lot of songs I want to see. I would just copy and paste my list from the old Music Smash thread, but yeah if you want to see what I hope is in the mix, it's these: My Songs

Edited by Naui

I can't see that video. xP

For some reason, I haven't been able to see any videos linked here lately...

But I meant the orchestral version that we got to hear in trailers and in the music CD that came with the game, not Zelda singing it or Link playing it on the harp. :P

Eternal Bond is already in under the name Ike's Theme, you know. :P

I know, didn't realize it when I made the list. But I'm lazy to change it. Still is a good stage theme.

Also I say no to Yugi. Unless his whole moveset would reference Abridged. Final Smash: LEATHER PANTS!!!

@PKL:

Project M had Ballad of the Goddess playing in their Skyloft stage before they removed it due to copyright.

This was the one they played.

Skip the first 35 seconds, and you'll have the one that PM team used.

I know, didn't realize it when I made the list. But I'm lazy to change it. Still is a good stage theme.

Oh okay. lol

Ugh, why can't I see videos?!

EDIT: Oh, THIS is why. Youtube no longer loads right for me. Must be a new Firefox issue. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

Why wasn't this mentioned?

If you're referring to me. It's not that I don't like the theme, I just picked themes that would most likely be played on the stages. Groose's theme is awesome. And who doesn't want this dude in the game?

groose.png

@PKL:

Project M had Ballad of the Goddess playing in their Skyloft stage before they removed it due to copyright.

This was the one they played.

Skip the first 35 seconds, and you'll have the one that PM team used.

ah, I see. Didnt know. It was probably gone by 2.6 since I started (and the whole Puerto rican smash community) playing PM with 2.6.

Honestly, I hoping for some Megaman X music. Mostly X VS Zero.

YES PLEASE. Seriously, I hope Classic isn't the only series they tap for music. Z, Zero, and ZX all have great tunes, and while I'm less familiar with the RPGs and Legends I'm sure they have great tracks as well.

Tracks I'd love to see from X:

From Zero:

From ZX:

Green Grass Gradation

In The Wind

Trap Phantasm

Snake Eyes

Cannon Ball - Hard Revenge (Seriously though, Cannon Ball is too good to not use!

...and I could keep going.

Edit: Not to imply that the music in the Classic series ain't good. Because it is.

Edited by shinpichu

I had to go into Safari to see videos again. IE wasn't loading them either. >_> Stupid browsers.

But the Ballad of the Goddess Athena posted is the version I had in mind. I would SO have a blast fighting people while that's playing!

Simon would be a pretty interesting choice, but I'd get the feeling that he'd be somewhat similar to Zero Suit Samus. Not saying I wouldn't play as him though. I would like to see him or Snake in the end.

*whispers* Simon replacing ZSS may or may not have been a completely desired side effect of his hypothetical inclusion... >3>

Same with Balloon Fighter & Jigglypuff but Villager has a BF move so that's not happening

Naui, you have a lot of great song choices there.

Here are a few little pickies of my own:

Kirby:

- Kirby 64 Boss theme (SO much better than 0^2)

- Outer Rings from Kirby's Epic Yarn

- Title theme of Kirby's Return to Dreamland

- some sort of jazzy mix of the Boss theme from KRtDL would be really cool

- KRtDL Super Ability theme

Probably too much music from Return to Dreamland sorry lol...

Pokemon:

anything and everything from Pokemon B/W

I didn't like those games as much as everyone else but holy crap the soundtrack was great

Also get rid of all the shit from Diamond and Pearl they had awful music

Also this was really cool

Colosseum had decent music, why does everyone forget it existed?

EDIT: This from Mystery Dungeon is also very good.

Megaman:

- Metalman stage

- Megaman 3 Title Theme

- Megaman 3 Weapon Get

- Megaman 5 Darkman stage

- Medley of Stage themes from MM2 and MM3

- Megaman 2 and 3 Boss themes / Medley of various Boss themes

TBH I have a feeling there won't be much from the MMX series, though hopefully it gets a little representation.

Cannonball is indeed really cool but I doubt we'll see much from the Battle Network / Zero / other MM spinoff series... Sakurai DOES want to represent the classic NES Megaman here, and spinoff games rarely get much attention in SSB outside of the Mario series.

Metroid:

- Serris/Yakuza theme from Metroid Fusion

- Escape! from Metroid Zero Mission

There's also a lot of REALLY good music from the Prime series but a lot of it is mostly atmospheric so I wouldn't know what to pick from it. Maybe Emperor Ing? Remix of Lower Norfair / Magmoor Caverns would be great for the Pyrosphere stage too

I've also heard of one from F-Zero called Like a Snake that was originally supposed to play on Port Town Aero Dive that's pretty good.

Edited by BANRYU

*whispers* Simon replacing ZSS may or may not have been a completely desired side effect of his hypothetical inclusion... >3>

Same with Balloon Fighter & Jigglypuff but Villager has a BF move so that's not happening

Naui, you have a lot of great song choices there.

Here are a few little pickies of my own:

Kirby:

- Kirby 64 Boss theme (SO much better than 0^2)

- Outer Rings from Kirby's Epic Yarn

- Title theme of Kirby's Return to Dreamland

- some sort of jazzy mix of the Boss theme from KRtDL would be really cool

- KRtDL Super Ability theme

Probably too much music from Return to Dreamland sorry lol...

Pokemon:

anything and everything from Pokemon B/W

I didn't like those games as much as everyone else but holy crap the soundtrack was great

Also get rid of all the shit from Diamond and Pearl they had awful music

Also this was really cool

Colosseum had decent music, why does everyone forget it existed?

EDIT: This from Mystery Dungeon is also very good.

Megaman:

- Metalman stage

- Megaman 3 Title Theme

- Megaman 3 Weapon Get

- Megaman 5 Darkman stage

- Medley of Stage themes from MM2 and MM3

- Megaman 2 and 3 Boss themes / Medley of various Boss themes

TBH I have a feeling there won't be much from the MMX series, though hopefully it gets a little representation.

Cannonball is indeed really cool but I doubt we'll see much from the Battle Network / Zero / other MM spinoff series... Sakurai DOES want to represent the classic NES Megaman here, and spinoff games rarely get much attention in SSB outside of the Mario series.

Metroid:

- Serris/Yakuza theme from Metroid Fusion

- Escape! from Metroid Zero Mission

There's also a lot of REALLY good music from the Prime series but a lot of it is mostly atmospheric so I wouldn't know what to pick from it. Maybe Emperor Ing? Remix of Lower Norfair / Magmoor Caverns would be great for the Pyrosphere stage too

I've also heard of one from F-Zero called Like a Snake that was originally supposed to play on Port Town Aero Dive that's pretty good.

Good themes!

Here's a theme from the newest Kirby that I hope makes it into Smash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmxR486CYgk