SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I don't want to give up hope, believe me. Ike is my favorite game character next to Luigi. But right now, it's being hard not to...

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, maybe they should be moved to 'Returning Pokemon (Pokeballs)' so as not to get them confused with the real new pokemon.

And I am curious as to that 'moon' stage...

I renamed it into Pokéball summons.

Yeah, so far we've seen quite a few combos, so perhaps proper hitstun is back...here's to hoping. Man, Im hyped for the summer release, the new ZSS and Sheik looks. And now im fairly certain that we wont see quite a few veterans until release or just before release.

I'm legit scared for Mewtwo at this point.

Hopefully we'll get 7 Pokemon (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Greninja, Charizard, Grass Starter and Mewtwo)

I'm legit scared for Mewtwo at this point.

Hopefully we'll get 7 Pokemon (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Greninja, Charizard, Grass Starter and Mewtwo)

We can do without the grass started.I do hope Mewtwo is in too...

Grass starter seems so likely since we have a Fire one and a Grass one. I hope it doesn't happen though. :/ Mewtwo plz

Also was Character customization just for Wii U? or for both?

HYPEEEEEE

Tiki trophy looked amazing! So cool that it was the first one showed. I thought he was going to show off characters from the same series as the trophies, so I got a little excited, haha. Especially after the troll Palutena one. :P

The technical stuff all really impressed me. It seems this game will satisfy both casual and competitive players. I don't play competitively but I can appreciate the FD layout being an option for every stage now and the fact that custom moves are there but can be disabled and can't be used online. So cool. The Smash Run thing reminded me a lot of Melee's Adventure mode (which I liked).

I'm a little sad that ZSS and Sheik are now standalone characters. And I wasn't thrilled about the only newcomers being non-Mewtwo Pokémon... Seriously, that reveal trailer for Charizard and Greninja got my hopes up only to destroy them TWICE. And Ridley...seems to be a stage hazard... *sigh* Greninja does seem cool, though, tbh I love Charizard but I would have rather seen him cut with Squirtle and Ivysaur so Mewtwo and Jigglypuff could both come back. Now I think only one of them will, at most. :/

I thought he said at some point all the brawl veterans are returning (RE Ike). I guess I might've potentially misheard/read "all fighters will be on both platforms" as that, though?

I guess I don't feel uncomfortable assuming that he's back even though they didn't show him because they didn't show Wario, either (that I can remember?), but they ain't fucking cutting Wario, he was on the original dry board drawing and everything.

Most all of it looked pretty good to me! Especially happy to hear about the better online features. The one thing I leered a bit at was when he brought up connection strength, though. "Please get a strong connection?" I hope you're talking about the 3DS version and the possibility that one could bring it to a public area, you cheeky fucker, because my connection was fine and I bought a LAN adapter in/for Brawl, and that was literally the laggiest game I've ever played

you cheeky

fucker

Edited by Rehab

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in Greninja's trailer he fights against Fox in Drasna's room

edit: Also, though the US site for Smash hasn't updated yet, the Japanese has.

Here's Greninja's Newcomer art:

illust.jpg

Edited by Naui

And this is the anniversary month of PoR's Japanese release.

Random game in the series is more important than the series itself. Okay.

Anniversary of an anniversary is more important than the series' "birthday". Okay.

Your bias is showing.

Music confirmations:

Music:
Tutorial - Melee
Dark Pit's Theme
Spark Man's Theme
Rosalina's Observatory
Green Greens
Pokemon Main Theme - Melee & Brawl
Wild Pokemon Battle - XY
Battlefield 2 - Brawl
Good Egg Galaxy
Boss Battles - Brawl
Id Purpose - FE13
Menu (Melee) - Brawl
Wifi Training - Brawl
Zelda Orcarina
Ballade of the Goddess x 2
Saria's Theme
Area 6 - Star Fox 64
Brinstar - Melee
Theme of Samus - Brawl
Gerudo Valley
Zelda - ???
World Map - Pikmin
Boss Battle - Uprising
Make Eggs Get Eggs - SMW2
Main Theme Techno - Punch Out
Near Defeat - Punch Out
KK Slider - ???
Wii Fit - ???
Ridley's Theme
Credits - Smash 64

Meanwhile, GAMEFAQS is going nuts over this news.

smashboards was down for a few minutes, so...they're crazier

Music confirmations:

During Zelda's part, Fairy Fountain is played

Also Smashbros.com has just updated

Edited by Naui

Well, maybe they should be moved to 'Returning Pokemon (Pokeballs)' so as not to get them confused with the real new pokemon.

And I am curious as to that 'moon' stage...

I think that moon just may be a part of Greninja's Final Smash. It's at least the simplest explanation I've got.

Random game in the series is more important than the series itself. Okay.

Anniversary of an anniversary is more important than the series' "birthday". Okay.

Your bias is showing.

...Huh? Where did I or anyone say anything about the series' birthday? I really have no idea what you just said.

Oh yeah, and I totally expected Ballad of the Goddess, but electric guitar for the instrument? Really? :/

Edited by Anacybele

Hmm…from Greninja's trailer also Chespin, Darkrai, and Snivy makes an appearance along with the confirmed Pokéball Pokémon. Perhaps they're also Pokéball summons?

Yeah, probably.

Also, I thought someone said that the Smash Bros. site updated. It's not doing so for me. :/

Really? It works for me

Edited by Naui