SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

You apparently didn't read the part of my post where I said Ike wouldn't be the only reason I'd decide against getting the game. I never said I wouldn't find anything else interesting. I find these things cool:

You know, I was trying to be diplomatic in my last post, but the list you provided is pretty short. And considering you said "little has interested me so far", and say you won't get the game if Ike isn't there (albeit not "solely because of that", as you say), means you must think it's a deal breaker to a degree. Would you get the games if Ike is included? You seem to suggest yes.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, Ike is the deciding factor for me considering what little else I find interesting and what has been revealed so far. However if, say, Keldeo or Sylveon had been revealed as playable instead of Greninja, I'd totally be getting the game whether Ike is in or not. Because two of my favorite Pokemon, gosh darn it.

Why do you say this? Sure, they man not look exactly like Mega Man, but they clearly take inspiration from him. In terms of abilities, Model ZX is basically MMX with a saber attached, and Model A is basically MMX with a homing shot and a Giga Attack (though X had those too). They both also have the ability to transform, which is the ZX series take on the copy weapon system(much like the Battle Chips and Cards are the takes of the BN and SF series).

Just because the name is a title in the ZX series doesn't change the fact that they are called Mega Man when biomerged.

(Oh, and btw ZX isn't the only series with multiple Mega Men. MML has Mega Man Juno as well, and you could argue that the name is meant as a title there too)

It has nothing to do with them looking like Mega Man at all. And it also looks like you won't accept that the ZX characters aren't Mega Man, so can we drop this or what. Also, Model ZX plays more like Zero in the Zero series. And lemme say one more thing, if I could use a biometal modeled after Knight Man(let's call it Model Kn), I would be a Mega Man but not the Mega Man.

I'm also starting to get very sick of people saying that everything I say about characters I like or dislike is bias. It's stupid and doesn't even make sense. If I wanted to be biased all the time, I'd be screaming for people like Frederick, Kieran, and Ezlo to be playable. But I know that they have no chance in hell. Frederick might have a slight chance at being an assist if Chrom is in the playable roster and Sakurai decides against Lucina, but beyond that, pff.

Yeah I don't understand why a few people keep going out of their way to point out every reason why Ike won't make it or shouldn't and then comment rather insultingly at Ana. I also want Ike back and I know she has mentioned it before but that doesn't mean you have to start arguing with her about it every time.

I was disappointed at the lack of FE yesterday but the game still looks like its going to be a helluva a lot of fun and I can't wait to get it in the summer.

It has nothing to do with them looking like Mega Man at all. And it also looks like you won't accept that the ZX characters aren't Mega Man, so can we drop this or what. Also, Model ZX plays more like Zero in the Zero series. And lemme say one more thing, if I could use a biometal modeled after Knight Man(let's call it Model Kn), I would be a Mega Man but not the Mega Man.

Then none of the "Mega Men" in that FS are Mega Men either since they aren't "the" Mega Man either.

But whatever. I'll gladly drop this particular topic.

Edit: I also noticed watching the direct that there are Kremlings in Smash Run. Wonder if that means anything~

Edited by shinpichu

Yeah I don't understand why a few people keep going out of their way to point out every reason why Ike won't make it or shouldn't and then comment rather insultingly at Ana.

Well, I for one don't really care if he makes it in or not.

...but damn that justification of Japanese PoR Anniversary made me chuckle.

調子に乗るな、少女。

Then none of the "Mega Men" in that FS are Mega Men either since they aren't "the" Mega Man either. That's what this whole thing was about.

Going by that I'd say X and .EXE should stay and the Star Force one should go. Volnutt can stay, I like him.

Man everyone is saying how disappointed they are of the lack of FE. But hey we got a Tiki Trophy and Lyn confirmed to return as an assist. Heck, ID~Purpose may have been confirmed to play in the game

Edited by Naui

Trophies are small time though. We were hoping for Ike and Chrom and stages. xP

But it's about time Marth got some trophies related to him. Only Ike ever got some before. In fact, he got several. Elincia, Black Knight, Sothe, Ashnard...

Edited by Anacybele

I'd place Ike's odds at better than even, even if I wouldn't call him a sure thing. He may not be as relevant as Chrom or Lucina (Awakening basically brought Fire Emblem into the mainstream in the west. Basically every 3DS owner I know has it, and it sold really well in Japan, too, if I recall correctly), but there's no real reason to cut him if Lucario, Toon Link, and Zero Suit Samus are all back.

My predicted cuts are Ivysaur (really the only reason it was even in Brawl was so that the Pokemon Trainer would have a middle evolution. It's the least relevant member of its own evolutionary line), Squirtle (Greninja is already a water-type starter), Lucas (Mother 3 apparently is more popular among people who played the pirated version in the west than in Japan where it was actually released, and Nintendo isn't going to cater to no-good emulator users like myself), and Wolf (Star Fox is probably going to lose a rep due to its decline from prominence, and sadly Falco has been in two games to Wolf's one).

I'd like to see Falco go instead of Wolf, and to see Jigglypuff go as well in favor of a different Pokemon (Mewtwo, for example), but I think both of them are safe.

But at least we got something. And there's always E3. Or, perhaps if we're lucky, there maybe more in this month's full Nintendo Direct.

I'd cut Jigglypuff in favor of Meowth. Jigglypuff was likely picked because of its relevance in the anime at the time, but Meowth still has a recurring role in it and is probably more well known these days. Plus he's cooler. :3

I don't care if Wolf goes, but I like Falco, so I hope he stays. He's been in two Smash games anyway, so his chances are very good.

Edited by Anacybele

...but damn that justification of Japanese PoR Anniversary made me chuckle.

HEY GUESS WHAT.

APRIL 20TH IS LUCINA'S BIRTHDAY.

*shot*

A little more serious

or as serious as a farfetched dream can be:

It's fun to imagine a triple-release of playable FE characters on (or near, since 20th=Sunday) Fire Emblem's anniversary. :3 I'M ALLOWED TO DREAM, SHUSH! Triple because Roy/Ike/FE13newcomer, just so most everyone is happy.

So I'm up in the clouds. So I like a "happy ending". Sue me.

They should replace Jigglypuff with Clefairy.

Fun fact in the anime. Clefairy was originally gonna be Ash's Mon

Just imagine the difference

For a second I read that as Ash's Mom. O_O

I wouldn't mind a triple release so long as Ike is one of those triple. lol

But I forgot about Lucina's birthday also being FE's anniversary. But just because it's her birthday doesn't mean she'll be revealed as playable, keep in mind.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I heard that too. I mean, I guess they're both cute Pokemon who learn Thunderbolt from a TM in Gen 1 (and Mega Punch and Mega Kick) that evolve into cooler Pokemon but all of the Lasses still use the unevolved form because so cute or something.

Also to add to this Pokémon discussion you know how people always complain about sword users.

I'm in the camp that complains about too many playable Pokémon even when we lose playable ones we get 50 more to replace them. Its a bit unfair to every other franchise Greninja is cool and all but.. yea

I'd say something about proportionate representation with Pokemon having the same proportionate amount of "playable characters" as other franchises (or maybe even less) but honestly it's probably just because Pokemon is Nintendo's best selling franchise currently (could be wrong about that, I didn't like actually look it up, so ignorant) and the more Pokemon the better the sales or something to that effect.

I think Greninja basically confirms that Sakurai is going for newcomers that bring something new to the game, not characters who are necessarily notable.

Someone on Smashboards that Pokemon has always had around 16% of the playable characters in any given Smash game.

Smash 64: 2/12 = 16.7%

Melee: 4/25 = 15.4%

Brawl: 6/39 = 15.4%

Assuming no cuts from Brawl and Mewtwo coming back, that'd put us at 8 characters, or exactly 16%.

I thought Mario was the best selling, followed by Pokemon. But I could be wrong about that. :P

Greninja doesn't really bring anything new though. He's a bipedal water type attacker, like Squirtle. :/

I think Greninja basically confirms that Sakurai is going for newcomers that bring something new to the game, not characters who are necessarily notable.

Or that Game Freak are control freaks over their IP and demanded he add a Gen 6 Pokemon.

I thought Mario was the best selling, followed by Pokemon. But I could be wrong about that. :P

Keep in mind Pokeon isn't just the games. It's also got the TV show, the card game, Pokemon Special, and all that merchandise making Nintendo/Game Freak money.

Greninja doesn't really bring anything new though. He's a bipedal water type attacker, like Squirtle. :/

"Ike doesn't bring anything new. He's just a swordsman, like Marth."

Did you even watch the trailer.

Its a Pokémon they are notable by association. It just shows how Game freak controls Sakurai