SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To make myself clearer, I do think Greninja is gonna be pretty unique. Its just the fact that its yet another Pokémon irks the living hell out of me.

To make myself clearer, I do think Greninja is gonna be pretty unique. Its just the fact that its yet another Pokémon irks the living hell out of me.

To be fair there's like, what, 800 of them now? Plus Pokemon is a massive multimedia juggernaut for Nintendo.

I agree I'd like to see some more from other series(GIMME RIDLEY DAMMIT), but what can you do. *shrugs*

Greninja is there to represent GEN 6. Besides, what about MewTwo?

Things I've noticed:

1. Zelda has better air speed it seems or maybe its just the game being faster, but she moved faster through the air.

2. Her upb can be ledgecancelled or it doesnt put her in free fall after appearing. The second would be a huge buff for Zelda, considering she always lost a stock whenever she had to recover in brawl (so laggy she could get hit back offstage)

3. Peach has her Melee midair jump back.

4. Marth's forward air seems to be like Melee's again. His dancing blade seems like Brawl. His Neutral B is brawl's but with a new sound effect. His counter seems to freeze with Bowser's Fire Breath for some reason. Maybe its been changed to store the atack against multi hits and then strike? not sure. His spotdodge is new.

5. Toon Link lacks the new Wii U effects (see: fox's usmash and other stuff that leaves a red trail in the air) for all his attacks. Possibly suggesting he hasnt been worked on? His arrows, bombs, back air, neutral air, forward air, jab, dash attack, usmash, utilt, ftilt and down air are all the same.

6. Zairs might be gone sadly...this is a huge nerf to samus link and toon link if its the case, as it was a core part of their game. Theyre not seen anywhere and the removal of olimar and zss's tethers lead me to believe this...

7. Hitstun might or might not be back. It's so hard to tell. There's too many factors to consider: Bad DI, staged combos for flashiness, no one pressing anything when in hitstun, etc. For now, most things seem to link properly barring a few exceptions. At one point in the direct, Mario dodge when in his tumbling (not in hitstun) animation.

8. Link's uair has a new pose and seems less laggy upon landing, not sure yet.

What are the complaints for the sword users? I like using them.

Was this directed to my jab about Ike? I don't actually have a problem with lots of "swordies." It was more to point out that reducing Greninja and Squirtle to just being "bipedal water type attackers" is about as dumb as treating all swordsmen as if they're exactly the same.

Edited by shinpichu

Why can Zelda summon a phantom? Screw cannon?

As if her using the OOT magic spells wasn't always a big FU to canon?

She can possess one in ST at least.

Other stuff:

9. DK's grounded upb seems to be able to be angled.

10. Link's upb's grounded slashes are more erratic and not completely horizontal or the angle can be controlled like DK's.

11. Sheik's grenades are eerily similar to Snake's....Snake confirmed cut?

I wouldn't mind a triple release so long as Ike is one of those triple. lol

But I forgot about Lucina's birthday also being FE's anniversary. But just because it's her birthday doesn't mean she'll be revealed as playable, keep in mind.

To be fair, her birthday is the day Ankokuryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi (FE1) launched in Japan.

So maybe.

Other stuff:

9. DK's grounded upb seems to be able to be angled.

10. Link's upb's grounded slashes are more erratic and not completely horizontal or the angle can be controlled like DK's.

WFT has charged attack... Samus unconfirmed.

Unless she also has a rocket launcher and mines somehow, I doubt it.

Edit: Besides, the two don't even work that much like each other.

Edited by shinpichu

I think Greninja basically confirms that Sakurai is going for newcomers that bring something new to the game, not characters who are necessarily notable.

Actually Greninja's pretty notable given that:

1. Ash has a Froakie

2. Greninja is the most popular of the Kalos Starters

3. Greninja is a heavily used Pokémon in Wi-Fi Battles.

Greninja is very notable.

Zelda looks really good now with the Phantom Attack. The biggest of her many problems imo was a lack of an approach, and Phantom solves that problem a lot.

Actually Greninja's pretty notable given that:

1. Ash has a Froakie

2. Greninja is the most popular of the Kalos Starters

3. Greninja is a heavily used Pokémon in Wi-Fi Battles.

Greninja is very notable.

So is he the new Charzard?

So is he the new Charzard?

In essence. Though Charizard has also reclaimed his place in the OU tier since Drought Mega Y Charizard is almost OP.

You could put Greninja's moves on Captain N or something and I'd still think it'd look cool. I think that's close enough to "something new." (disclaimer: I have approximately zero love for Captain N) (also I know the series already has a vaguely ninja-like character but if you think those two look like they play alike I respectfully think you should get ya eyes checked)

I'm still drawing up memories of Sakurai having said, both before at some point in "quote article" form and literally in text form during the direct, that every character from brawl will be returning. Am I going crazy here

Did nobody else see that

(don't answer that first one etc)

To be fair there's like, what, 800 of them now?

Actually there are 718 officially released Pokemon.

Actually there are 718 officially released Pokemon.

719 if you include the upcoming Diancie. 721 for the remaining two non-revealed ones.

Edited by Naui