SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greninja is playable

Charizard is playable

Lucario is playable

pls

If not, then they will likely be the Pokemon that Pokemon Trainer can call forth at will.

you're not reading

they already are playable

they have been confirmed

watch the direct

holy shiet.

Greninja couldn't be resisted. <3333

*combs hair*

I didn't completely see the direct trailer vid yet. Watches on my 3ds.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

*Continues watching*

*At 7min now seeing the Yellow Devil in Megaman's stage*

Seriously.

Who could resist that slender sexy body of Greninja's?

*Brushes hair away from face*

I know that I can't.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

*Continues watching*

Seriously.

Who could resist that slender sexy body of Greninja's?

*Brushes hair away from face*

I know that I can't.

well, that's beastality, which is kinda illegal...

did anyone notice the pikachu like up special? greninja's looking pretty good, being fast and having decent recovery, though he by no means seems top tier

I'm willing to bet Fire Emblem gets three reps this time around, but in the remote case it only gets two, it will be Marth and one of Chrom/Lucina/Avatar. I really don't see Ike having higher priority than a FE13 rep.

Keep in mind that Ike is a default character in the Brawl roster. Sakurai naturally should prioritize those first, and may keep Ike that way. Not to mention that the Wii U version having mostly home console stages provides a good excuse to include a Tellius stage, and thus Ike. Also, default characters have never been removed from the game roster entirely. There's a first for everything, true, but who knows if Sakurai would start now at four games into this series?

@Fun vs. glory

I'll be more likely to go For Glory mode....though I wish it didn't make every stage into just FD. Some platforms would be nice.

In the trailer

He used it after his Water Shuriken is caped.

Yeah, last I checked smashville is even considered closer to the "most neutral" stage.

I think it'd be really nice if they could be arsed to put in a stage banning mechanic, but I'm not sure if Japanese players do that, with how only played on 3 stages in Brawl. then again, even they don't just play on fd

Edited by Rehab

Keep in mind that Ike is a default character in the Brawl roster. Sakurai naturally should prioritize those first, and may keep Ike that way.

Pokemon Trainer was a default character AND on the box art for Brawl, but he's on life support now. Unlockability is irrelevant.

Pokemon Trainer was a default character AND on the box art for Brawl, but he's on life support now. Unlockability is irrelevant.

Charizard is in and probably default though, so Pokemon Trainer's group isn't removed entirely. :P

Edited by Anacybele

well, that's beastality, which is kinda illegal...

did anyone notice the pikachu like up special? greninja's looking pretty good, being fast and having decent recovery, though he by no means seems top tier

He looks like he'll have a fast fall speed and a fast air speed. Characters like that have had a history of being pretty high up the tier list.

If anything it'll give me someone to replace Falco as my main.

captain falcon went from default to unlockable, so...

#desperation

Edited by Comet

Yeah, I never said Ike didn't have a chance of being unlockable this time. I'm saying that since he was default first, he may be higher on Sakurai's priority list than we think.

captain falcon went from default to unlockable, so...

#desperation

Wasn't he unlockable in the first game.

And even though he wasn't revealed, I don't see how Sakurai could cut him when Samurai Goroh is an assist trophy. Also, FALCON PUNCH.

Keep in mind that Ike is a default character in the Brawl roster. Sakurai naturally should prioritize those first, and may keep Ike that way. Not to mention that the Wii U version having mostly home console stages provides a good excuse to include a Tellius stage, and thus Ike. Also, default characters have never been removed from the game roster entirely. There's a first for everything, true, but who knows if Sakurai would start now at four games into this series?

I don't think any of this really means anything. Pokemon Trainer was a starter in Brawl and everything seems to line up to him not returning with Sakurai officially stating changing characters no longer change. Considering's PT's gimmick was all about the switching and Charizard is confirmed standalone, I don't see him back, even if we get Ivysaur and Squirtle separately (which I doubt).

As for the Wii U FE stage, Sakurai could take something from any of the console games or simply do another generic stage like Castle Siege. I'd love a Tellius stage, but it's not like it absolutely HAS to be the case. I'd honestly prefer a stage based on Jugdral, since we're most definitely not getting a character from that era.

Wasn't he unlockable in the first game.

And even though he wasn't revealed, I don't see how Sakurai could cut him when Samurai Goroh is an assist trophy. Also, FALCON PUNCH.

Captain Falcon had to be unlocked 64 and Brawl. He was a default in Melee

the idea of a character's value being increased by being default or unlockable seems silly to me. you just seem desperate to make ike coming back look more possible. i think he's going to come back because of other, more important reasons, though.

I was thinking something along the lines of maybe the Riban river or the tower of Guidance since they're pretty important in FE10

if this would happen, i'd like it to be similar to the lumiose tower's scrolling through different parts of the stage.

Charizard is in and probably default though, so Pokemon Trainer's group isn't removed entirely. :P

Only that he won't be commanded by Pokemon Trainer this time.

I'd honestly prefer a stage based on Jugdral, since we're most definitely not getting a character from that era.

Could.

But...

Not going to happen.

-----

Greninja is already the best starter in the sixth gen. No surprise that he made it. <3

There was no mentioning of Ness and Tiki's only a trophy.

...And for the Pokemon that can mega evolve, should make that their Final Smashes.

What version are you getting?

I'm probably going to get both to bring online battling complete experience. They also don't allow hacked characters in the competitions too as many of us have hacked out SSBB games. Fair enough. They're trying to bring the online experience complete safety.

EDIT: Should also make the Outrealm gate one of the stages. It'd be nice to see people fight in the blue dimension. XD

Edited by Dark_Huntress

I don't think it was due to the hacked ssbb copies. Those needed an sd card and didn't mess with the hitboxes anyway. Since the actual characters can be changed now, it wouldn't be fair to play against somebody and not even know what they can do.

^

Above

Yeah.

-----

Edgeworth_Judgement.gif

Why hasn't Genesect made it/been mentioned as one of the Master Ball Pokemon summons as Arceus, Meloetta and Keldeo did? Genesect is terminator and smexy, he should have made it. Please put him in, Nintendo. Please.

Edited by Dark_Huntress