SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Apples and oranges *shrug*

Toon Link was designed as a successor to Young Link. They have their differences, sure, but nothing Young Link has really warrants adding him (or any of his features IMO) back into SSB.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gannondorf returns (I suspect he will I'm just on the fence just in case lol) do you think they'll change his moveset? I hope so. I hope to Naga he's not a Captain Falcon clone again. I don't see them bringing Young Link back. Toon Link is more mainstream now more than he was just a few years ago thanks to Wind Waker HD. For the record I like both equally.

Ganondorf not being revealed yet could mean that his moveset is being considerably overhauled and he's just not ready to be shown. I guess.

I want him to have an energyball-attack that can be deflected by just hitting it. Dead Man's Volley. <3

Young Link could've been very different from Toon Link if he used the MM masks with Oni Link as his FS (Oni Link is the form he takes when he wears the Fierce Deity Mask), but one thing debunks that: Sakurai is eliminating such transformations. Also, I don't think we need three different Links in this game. xP

I think Dixie has a better chance than King K. Rool for third DK rep. Dixie is still both relevant AND popular in the series, whereas K. Rool seems to just have popularity.

Am I the only one who really wants to see Funky Kong? Yes? Okay...

I also want Leaf. He was supposed to be in Melee, but he got cut. So I guess my dream FE team for this game would be Marth (forced), Leaf, Hector, and Ephraim. Ike is cool, but I don't care too much for his fighting style.

And when I said seven reps for Mario, I was counting Wario and Yoshi. They are Mario characters. I can kinda understand Wario being his own series, but Mario is even in the Yoshi's Island games.

Ganondorf not being revealed yet could mean that his moveset is being considerably overhauled and he's just not ready to be shown. I guess.

I want him to have an energyball-attack that can be deflected by just hitting it. Dead Man's Volley. <3

Young Link could've been very different from Toon Link if he used the MM masks with Oni Link as his FS (Oni Link is the form he takes when he wears the Fierce Deity Mask), but one thing debunks that: Sakurai is eliminating such transformations. Also, I don't think we need three different Links in this game. xP

I think Dixie has a better chance than King K. Rool for third DK rep. Dixie is still both relevant AND popular in the series, whereas K. Rool seems to just have popularity.

Exactly the underlined thing lol.

I dunno, I think Dixie and K. Rool have a relatively even shot. Maybe Dixie is slightly more likely, but I wouldn't count out either as a possibility until we get one of them. Don't forget how relevant the Ice Climbers were at the time either, Ana... And Jigglypuff hasn't been relevant in YEARS. Relevance also doesn't necessarily matter if a character has been shown to be well-known enough throughout all that time. The point is, Dixie having one more recent game does not inherently mean she has better chances than the ever-present villain of the series. It just depends on who Sakurai sees as being more important to include: the third most recurring Kong/protag in the series or the villain. And who can say what that will be? I won't object to either.

Am I the only one who really wants to see Funky Kong? Yes? Okay...

I also want Leaf. He was supposed to be in Melee, but he got cut. So I guess my dream FE team for this game would be Marth (forced), Leaf, Hector, and Ephraim. Ike is cool, but I don't care too much for his fighting style.

There is a thread for stuff like that if you want to keep discussing it...~

Really? Where was that said? I've never heard that before. Got any reputable links?

It's from a Gaf user named cednym. His post is here.

Basically, he claims that Leif was going to be added as the Marth clone(it's know that the Melee clones were added at the "last minute" to pad out the roster), but Sakurai wasn't sure that was the best choice. He went to IS, they showed him Roy, and Sakurai decided that Roy's fire attacks would help him stand out.

There's no real confirmation for this because nobody has found the Famitsu interview this supposedly comes from, but it's somewhat plausible.

I dunno, I think Dixie and K. Rool have a relatively even shot. Maybe Dixie is slightly more likely, but I wouldn't count out either as a possibility until we get one of them. Don't forget how relevant the Ice Climbers were at the time either, Ana... And Jigglypuff hasn't been relevant in YEARS. Relevance also doesn't necessarily matter if a character has been shown to be well-known enough throughout all that time. The point is, Dixie having one more recent game does not inherently mean she has better chances than the ever-present villain of the series. It just depends on who Sakurai sees as being more important to include: the third most recurring Kong/protag in the series or the villain. And who can say what that will be? I won't object to either.

You forget that Jigglypuff also has original cast priority. She's been in since the series started. Though I will never understand why Meowth wasn't picked over her even then. He clearly had a more important role in the anime.

I didn't forget that. But 'cast priority' (which shouldn't be a thing in the first place; if characters don't have anything more to offer then they should be cut) doesn't change the fact that Jigglypuff's last spate of popularity OUTSIDE the SSB franchise was in the episodes of the anime that featured it-- and those happened a LONG time ago.

As to why Jiggs > Meowth, well... I think I speculated a few pages back on Jigglypuff being easier to program due to being a clone of *ahem* having a lot of similar gameplay attributes to Kirby. A few other people (Randoman was one of them, I think) also think this could be the case.

Meowth still makes more sense to me. But if you're fine with Jigglypuff being cut, I hope she's cut for Meowth. :P

Meowth was confirmed from the trailer was returned as a Pokeball Pokemon once again.

And also, I did forgot that there was The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (the recent game) that did have Link as a Child in it also. (in non Cel Shaped while he was fighting)

Edited by King Marth 64

Do you guys think we're getting a grass type pokemon? I mean we got charizard and greninja but in brawl i had fun playing with ivysaur, idk it seems that we're getting just 5 reps for pokemon and everyone says that jiggly is coming back sooo... idk i liked the grass type pokemons :p

Even so. If he got his sword in the end no matter how unique it was people would loathe the fact that Dorf became "yet another sword user"

...Am I really the only person who's fine with Ganondorf using his fists of darkness to beat the spit out of people?

Seriously, I know he's got the sword and trident and all, and I have fond memories of sword-dueling with him too, but did it ever occur to anyone that maybe fistfighting is just his preferred method of combat?

Or, y'know... because canonically he's ridiculously-strong anyway, and he can contend with everyone else without his weapons? *shrug*

Edited by BANRYU

Really, if Ganondorf gets a moveset change, I'd like to see him be something like a much more brutish, in-your-face version of Zelda. Not like a clone, mind, but in concept. Beefy, punchy warlock, basically. He could keep the Warlock Punch (because why shouldn't he have the strongest punch?), but the rest of his attacks could be much more magical in nature.

If Ganondorf used his sword for a few attacks I don't think anyone would really be too upset. Pit uses his bow thing as swords for some of his attacks and I don't think people were ever angry at him for being a sword user because that isn't his primary form of attack. I'm fine with him punching things otherwise and some magic would be cool too, but I do kinda hope he'll actually use his sword- the sages' sword from Twilight Princess or even the two swords from Wind Waker, whatever.

No, Sakurai is splitting characters with unique movesets into their own character slots. Nothing was said about final smash transformations. We've already been shown a mega evolution.

You forget that Jigglypuff also has original cast priority. She's been in since the series started. Though I will never understand why Meowth wasn't picked over her even then. He clearly had a more important role in the anime.

I was told by a Japanese friend that Jigglypuff is very popular in Japan, much more so than anywhere else, and got in primarily for that. Don't quote me on that, though.