SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

That won't happen. The Best Buy events are by sign-ups and line ups, not by "losers out." If people are nice enough, they may let you in on their Smash match slot, but I doubt that many casuals will let you in on their matches after seeing your playing style. Take it from someone who's also been ostracized/shunned from being "too good" at casual public gaming events like this.

That's not the case. That's like saying Team Ninja owns Metroid since they co-developed Metroid Other M, or that Rare owns Donkey Kong because they developed the Donkey Kong Country trilogy. Just because a company helps develop a game, that doesn't mean they own it.

Either way, if Pac-Man isn't shown by the end of E3, it's safe enough to say he's not in.

Ah, yeah, that's true. Many a times did casuals stopped playing altogether when I sit down. They eventually get tired of losing so badly. In the worst of cases, sometimes they call stuff cheap and are of the butthurt type :P.

Anyway, I wonder if we'll get Chrom, Palutena, Shulk and pac-man at E3. I have no reason to doubt that leaker anymore. It's too improbably to get Wii Fit trainer, Villager, etc right.

Edited by PKL

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's starting to seem like people expect Chrom more than actually want him. Anyone else around here feel this way?

It's been that way a looooong time. Trust me.

Not to say that there aren't people who legitimately like Chrom, but there's a good percentage of his support base that is founded on things like "MUH AWAKENING REPRESENTATION" and "MUH SALES/RECENCY" rather than actually finding him interesting as a character/potential fighter.

I'm 50-50 on chrom. He seems like he could be cool, since if he's in, they're probably going to make his moveset from scratch, which has a lot of opportunity. Or he could just be boring and bring nothing new to the table.

Man

Sometimes I wish Capcom would just go and make Mega Man Unlimited official just so we could get some of that music in SSB4

and so that Yoku Man's Level could be a stage trollface_smiley.png

It's starting to seem like people expect Chrom more than actually want him. Anyone else around here feel this way?

Oh yeah definitely. I don't NOT want him, and I'll probably play around as him, but I'll still probably rather play as Ike. Lucina would be a lot more exciting as a character IMO.

Man

Sometimes I wish Capcom would just go and make Mega Man Unlimited official just so we could get some of that music in SSB4

and so that Yoku Man's Level could be a stage trollface_smiley.png

Behehehehehe

Ohhh that troll stage

TBH though I actually don't remember that much music from that game aside from aforementioned troll master of course

Hey guys, I just discovered something that might keep Pacman out of SSB4. Disney might own him now. I know, because he has a TV show on their channel and it's on now. And I'm not sure they would allow Sakurai to borrow him.

It's not like his chances weren't already basically nil. o3o People just didn't think so.

At least now people will have reason to stop throwing him around as a possible fighter. *shrug*

Hey guys, I just discovered something that might keep Pacman out of SSB4. Disney might own him now. I know, because he has a TV show on their channel and it's on now. And I'm not sure they would allow Sakurai to borrow him.

That's absolutely ridiculous. DIC Entertainment were producing Mario cartoons in the '80s, but they didn't own Mario. Disney may own the rights to the Pac-Man TV show, but not to Pac-Man himself (who is owned by Bandai-Namco).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

So I heard that they're going to have a Smash Tournament at E3 as well as you'll be able to play Smash at Best Buy locations across North America

The treehouse stream looks cool too.

That's nice!

daily.jpg

Pic of the day. With the Super Leaf, any fighter can have ears and a tail. You can also float in the air by pressing the jump button. We're still figuring out whether you'll be able to attack with ...

Marth looks quite ridiculous with the tail going through his cape. =P

On that note, who'd look the most ridiculous with the Raccoon power up? Probably Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., or Snake.

I dunno why they haven't mentioned anything about it...much less never had a trophy of it. -.-

Peach: "Yeah! Peach has got it."

Toon Link: "Wait wtf."

Marth: "I shall wear this tail and these ears with pride."

The bunny hat is cuter.

Why don't you ask Showgirl Sammy here? >3>

tumblr_n3qn7g09Cl1rj1dsuo1_1280.png

lol
Samus certainly is enjoying not herself.

The Super Leaf was shown in the photo compilations that were posted after the April 8 Direct, though it only showed Luigi in Raccoon mode. Either way, it's nice to see what it looks like on more of the cast.

Yes...
...And I'd like to see it on Ike. ^^
Edited by Barbie

TBH though I actually don't remember that much music from that game aside from aforementioned troll master of course

whaaaaaaaaaaat how could you forget about Nail Man's Stage , Yo-Yo Man's Stage, Tank Man's Stage, Occupied Fortress Stage 1, or Occupied Fortress Boss 3?

[spoiler=No really, thar be spoilers here]Or the music for the boss fights with Proto Man and the final boss!

*ahem*

Edit: sorry about the spoiler tag. >.>

Edited by shinpichu

Ike would look like a new species of laguz. XD

xP

------

Already a surprise that Nintendo never threw in before. The "Super Leaf". How many think that we should have the Hammer Bros outfit? It was used to 3HKO King Koopa in Super Mario Bros 3.

Edited by Barbie

I really want to see Chrom, I've grown to like him because of my most recent playthrough. As for other FE people:

Ephraim: Do want

Hector: Please

Ike: Ike is cool and I'd like to see him return, but maybe with altered stats.

Also, who's this leaker that said Wii Fit Trainer and Villager would be in it?

They should have an item that allows the player equipped with it to have it's opponent suffer the same amount of damage that they threw at you. Aka: Counter. (Fire Emblem Series)

It is rather useful when other players are battling each other and you moving by them. xP

We do need items from the Fire Emblem Series as there hasn't ever been any.

Edited by Barbie

I really want to see Chrom, I've grown to like him because of my most recent playthrough. As for other FE people:

Ephraim: Do want

Hector: Please

Ike: Ike is cool and I'd like to see him return, but maybe with altered stats.

Also, who's this leaker that said Wii Fit Trainer and Villager would be in it?

There was a guy who just before E3 leaked that Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-man, and Miis would be revealed at E3. He's also since leaked that Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, "an X/Y Pokemon," and the "Chorus Men" from Rhythm Heaven will be appearing.

Edit: more stuff here.

Edited by shinpichu

I could see vulneraries, concoctions, and elixirs being FE related items, I just have a tough time picturing anything else ever having much of a chance :/ especially not with the addition of the fire bar, making any other sword/bat related item feel like they're beating a dead horse. I also have a gut instinct that Chrom will represent FE this time around, even if I'm honestly indifferent about it, I feel they could use a different character, but I just don't feel that any other character would have the same meaning that Chrom does, being the co-star of the game. I'd personally prefer the Avatar, but whatever. I want Ike back though, the little I played of him was probably the most entertaining brawl matches I ever had, just the sheer power he had was enough for my simple mind

Also those tails are pretty cool, I like the idea

Edited by Spiky

All I know is that if Pac-Man gets confirmed, the salt everywhere is going to be delicious and I will enjoy every minute of it.

Oh yeah, cute pic of the day.