SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should talk about the stage builder for a sec.

There should be more options for the next stage builder, at least as far as aesthetics go. You couldn't really make a stage that looked cool in Brawl. As far as other stuff for a stage builder, the ability to make events and more options for hazards wouldn't be bad. Also, if you could place objects from your favourite games (bricks and pipes from Mario, castle parts and bushes from Zelda, doors and terrain from Metroid, etc.) I think it would be much better. Heck, import all the NES textures for all these games and give the player the option to place them on blocks as well. Wouldn't it be cool if you could recreate some of the famous spots of these games with Super Smash Bros. Stage Builder, like the landing zone from Super Metroid, Bowser's Lair, the outer walls of Wily's Fortress from Megaman 2, things like that. There's some amazing stuff fans could make and it would significantly extend the life of the game. (look at fan creations on games like Minecraft or remixes with Mario Paint.) Give people the tools Nintendo and people will build for you.

I do agree that since there's an Ike thread, I should be keeping a majority of the Ike talk there. I just haven't been thinking as clearly as usual because the excitement has been scrambling my brain like eggs. xP I couldn't even drive right last Friday after I saw the reveal. I definitely need more practice before I take my test. xP

But anyway yeah. New characters I hope are shown at E3: Dixie Kong, Zelda newcomer (Vaati or Ghirahim would be my pick!), FE newcomer that isn't Chrom or Lucina.

Veterans: Falco, more about Ike

Stages: Tellius stage (my pick would be either the Kauku Caves or Riven Bridge! Or maybe even both? ^^), Treacherous Mansion from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Features: STAGE BUILDER. Why you no talk about this yet, Sakurai? D: Brawl stages to be available (CASTLE SIEGE PLZ :D) Also event matches, music, images of the selection screens, and pretty much anything else Sakurai has!

well it wouldn't be any fun if people knew everything, would it? :P

i'm thinking of falco getting a "hey i'm back, here's my awesome taunt" and an unexpected reveal like chrom or lucina (i wouldn't expect them since we just got ike, just something on their level).

the stage builder should let you use more textures and not have as many space constraints. maybe it could let us chose where the blast zones are too. :D

Edited by Comet

Well, I'm not saying to reveal every single little detail. lol I mean just give us a little taste of all the things I listed. :P

So... I remember the dev team's movies for the single player being leaked and how Sakurai responded with no mode like subspace emissary.

...Wouldn't it be kinda sad if there was no SOMETHING besides "play multiplayer until you unlock everyone"?

I remember unlocking Mewtwo sucked in Melee.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I think we should talk about the stage builder for a sec.

There should be more options for the next stage builder, at least as far as aesthetics go. You couldn't really make a stage that looked cool in Brawl. As far as other stuff for a stage builder, the ability to make events and more options for hazards wouldn't be bad. Also, if you could place objects from your favourite games (bricks and pipes from Mario, castle parts and bushes from Zelda, doors and terrain from Metroid, etc.) I think it would be much better. Heck, import all the NES textures for all these games and give the player the option to place them on blocks as well. Wouldn't it be cool if you could recreate some of the famous spots of these games with Super Smash Bros. Stage Builder, like the landing zone from Super Metroid, Bowser's Lair, the outer walls of Wily's Fortress from Megaman 2, things like that. There's some amazing stuff fans could make and it would significantly extend the life of the game. (look at fan creations on games like Minecraft or remixes with Mario Paint.) Give people the tools Nintendo and people will build for you.

Agreed that we do need an NES stage, ...or two. Should show the bg of link battling with an Octrock blocking it's rock spit with it's shield. While some that he can't block gets thrown at the participants. Zora's Fireball spit shall be thrown at the participants and giving potions for health recovery. We've had Donkey Kong's stage before. Why not for Zelda 1/2...? Hope that they have NES elements that we can add to our custom designs that is if they aren't going to make any NES stages but from Balloon fighter.

There's a reason why I like Micaiah, Miranda, and Ena so much;

they have tiny fanbases.

Although I'm sure you mean a tiny fan base is the reason you like those characters even more, if not, that's one of the worst reasons to like a character. Regardless of whether a fanbase of a character is annoying (Owain), you shouldn't hate the character for it.

So... I remember the dev team's movies for the single player being leaked and how Sakurai responded with no mode like subspace emissary.

...Wouldn't it be kinda sad if there was no SOMETHING besides "play multiplayer until you unlock everyone"?

I remember unlocking Mewtwo sucked in Melee.

It would be nice if the Bandai Namco CG studio will do something unique like maybe a special CG character ending short like they did for Tekken. Considering the quality in their newcomer trailers are pretty amazing quality.

Funny thing was Mewtwo was not a problem for me since me and my friends kept coming over to play the game regularly so much so that we actually unlocked him just by playing the game normally.

I will laugh pretty hard if we do have a ridiculous requirement like kill 50 guys in cruel multi-man

I would laugh tremendously if something like Manster was the Fire Emblem Wii U stage. Oh, or Belhalla.

Now with more Meteors. And Valflame.

So tragic, yet so hilarious.

I would laugh tremendously if something like Manster was the Fire Emblem Wii U stage. Oh, or Belhalla.

Honestly I think that would be cool. Have random Meteos hitting you or maybe even random soldiers coming in to be a stage hazard. Maybe have a section where you're in Yied Desert where it slows movement, etc.

74394b90ee4c6ff3f96d1716b365906d.png

Pic of the day. You can charge up Ike's Eruption attack by holding the button down, but remember to release it right before it fully charges to avoid recoil damage. Let go of the button at the moment the sword shines!

Edited by Chiko

While I doubt they will I hope Ike has a long range attack. Ragnell is also long ranged so he should have one.

Edited by Guy Starwind

Well, Eruption hasn't changed too much from Brawl, except they at least have a visual indicator of the best time to let it loose (which in both Brawl and SSB4 is actually a split second before the full charge and not the full charge itself).

I was wondering, how many of you guys completed everything in Brawl in terms of getting all trophies, stickers, and such? I'm not counting notices, since I doubt that many people got the one million match notice (though I actually got the Classic Intense with one life notice). I personally got everything except for all the notices past 10,000 matches. The Green Alloy, Blue Alloy, and Galleom Tank trophies were the hardest for me to get (I got them the honest way. I didn't use any Gold Hammers whatsoever).

I did managed to got R.O.B. defeat Tabuu in the Boss Battles without any hits from him.

Nice. I recall being able to defeat Tabuu without taking hits from him in Boss Battles on Hard or higher with only a few characters, and it's definitely not an easy feat due to having to figure out what attack he's doing then dodging accordingly in such a small amount of time.

Marth is the only character I was able to defeat Boss Battles on Intense with, due to his counter being a lifesaver and Marth being very mobile and fast.

So what characters are you guys wanting to get announced at E3?

Takamaru comes to mind for me, though I'm starting to doubt his chances for whatever reason. Dillon and Toad were the other two characters I wanted greatly, but they've been deconfirmed.

...though seeing how Sakurai gave me quite the pleasant suprise with Rosalina (who I thought had little to no chance of being in at first, despite me liking the idea of her being playable. Well, until her playable appearance in Super Mario 3D World), maybe Sakurai will pull off another "pleasant suprise" character. If the Gematsu rumours are true, I wonder how many more playable characters we'll be getting that the Gematsu leaker doesn't know about...

I was wondering, how many of you guys completed everything in Brawl in terms of getting all trophies, stickers, and such? I'm not counting notices, since I doubt that many people got the one million match notice (though I actually got the Classic Intense with one life notice). I personally got everything except for all the notices past 10,000 matches. The Green Alloy, Blue Alloy, and Galleom Tank trophies were the hardest for me to get (I got them the honest way. I didn't use any Gold Hammers whatsoever).

Not 100% sure, but I think I got everything except all the notices and maybe some stickers. I know I unlocked everything in the...blocks page thing. I think I might have used a hammer, but I recall all the really difficult ones not being smashable anyway.

Nice. I recall being able to defeat Tabuu without taking hits from him in Boss Battles on Hard or higher with only a few characters, and it's definitely not an easy feat due to having to figure out what attack he's doing then dodging accordingly in such a small amount of time.

I found in Intense you kind of had to beat Tabuu without getting hit, because a lot of his attacks could OHKO you, or at least 2. It made his ring extremely deadly, since it can't be blocked and can only be dodged with 3 precise spot dodges.

Marth is the only character I was able to defeat Boss Battles on Intense with, due to his counter being a lifesaver and Marth being very mobile and fast.

Exactly how I beat it as well.

Zelda newcomer (Vaati or Ghirahim would be my pick!)

I would really like Vaati, but that won't happen. He may be the second-most important villain, but his games are rather old and, as far as I know, not really popular.

And please not Ghirahim. He's a one-shot. I explained the problem already. The roster gets too big if we put in countless one-shots just for recency.

Zelda is a series that's big enough to deserve having more characters. But the Zelda-roster is fine as it is.

At the very least, they should remove those stupid limitations. Many blocks were totally useless because you couldn't put them anywhere near anything else. I remember there being a cheat you could use with a hacked Wii that would remove those limitations. Didn't cause any problems and you could make pretty cool stages with that.

All in all, the stage builder was pretty poor compared to what they could have done.

I just remembered while reading the thread: I had a strange dream tonight of Takamaru being revealed. I don't even want him or really know who he is. o.O

Edited by Nova

The only thing I never managed to unlock in the Achievements page was beating Boss Rush on Intense.

Also, I likely missed several trophies that required throwing the Trophy Stand to enemies in SSE.

THE one thing I could never get was all the stickers. Every all the others are complete for me, though 15 min Brawl was sheer terror

Key to 15 min brawl is knock all alloys but two off so they don't respawn.

Then run and dodge like a madman, I found Sonic really good at this.

Intense boss battles. Oddly enough I managed it with Luigi despite him not being one of my main fighters. His air moves and floatiness allowed for insanely quick damage.

Key to 15 min brawl is knock all alloys but two off so they don't respawn.

Then run and dodge like a madman, I found Sonic really good at this.

Intense boss battles. Oddly enough I managed it with Luigi despite him not being one of my main fighters. His air moves and floatiness allowed for insanely quick damage.

I noticed that as I continued onward. Twas still terror for me.

Then there's Cruel Brawl,which I could only do with Lucario via edge hogging.

:facepalm:

Eruption? STILL? The hell, Sakurai. I really thought you'd be smart this time and give Ike Ragnell's shockwave instead. There goes some of my hype for Ike.

Eruption was never really useless. It was one of the most powerful moves in the game and good for KOs. But it's also pointless on Ike, who could've had something more reasonable and even more useful like that shockwave move. It would've given Ike a projectile and probably a buff, which FE characters just don't ever get for some reason.