SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Ana, please, don't make assumptions or blanket statements. This is not a personal attack, I'm just saying you'll make people mad at you if you make an uninformed statement and then get defensive when your mistakes are pointed out.

I know you're not attacking me. The thing is, I said "probably" and "I wouldn't be surprised" BECAUSE I didn't know for sure. I never said I was absolutely right.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough arguing...just notice she made a mistake and we can get on with our lives. This thread will degenerate AGAIN if this happens again. Which it will. :/

Pretty sure Sakurai meant appealing.

Sakurai probably originally said "appealing" but the translator mistranslated his Japanese. The two words are similar, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were similar in Japanese too.

That's what I'm guessing, anyway. That attack right there though, seems to put Link's Gale Boomerang to shame. lol

^She's not even the only one (or first) who made the mistake.

Though I'm not sure why it confused anyone in the first place. Personally, I didn't need an explanation of Japanese to know exactly what the line meant. People use that kind of language in English all the time.

This punch looks nice, liking the variety.

I wanna see Link and Marths alternates most (my two usual mains) among tons of other characters I use

Yeah, onto a new topic. :P

Of course, I wanna see Ike and Luigi's alternates the most since they're my mains! x3

The customization has also made me even MORE excited that I'll get to play Ike again! I was never worried about Luigi for obvious reasons, so my excitement is mostly Ike! :D

Hopefully Ike has blue flames for his Great Aether. I'm more curious to see how they'll change up Mr. Game and Watch's Judge.

BTW, Did they confirm if you can Shine like in Melee?

Edited by Naui

BTW, Did they confirm if you can Shine like in Melee?

Jump cancelling shine is now impossible. And apparently, shine has more end lag.

Jump cancelling shine is now impossible. And apparently, shine has more end lag.

So no DACUS or Jump Cancel Shines. Did they test Down Throw Shines?

Wow, it seems this game has even less advanced stuff than brawl did...which I don't like, if you couldn't tell. I'm thinking that it'll be a huge blow to players who use their technical prowess to be good at the game, essentially forcing them to rely on mind games. And being smart was already enough in the other games. I remember seeing someone playing sheik who didn't even know how to wavedash, but took 16 stocks in a crew battle regardless. I'm still exited for smash 4, but I don't know why the technical stuff was taken out...

There could still be new advanced techniques that players wouldn't have a chance to discover yet. Sakurai does want to appeal to competitive players at least to an extent, so I wouldn't rule out this possibility until we see the actual games.

Basically just because it doesn't have Melee's techniques doesn't necessarily mean it can't be competitive.

I hope they reveal another character soon. I need something to be excited about because my excitement level for Palutena is starting to run out.

Also, I find it annoying that the characters actually "speak" more during battle. Either that, or it's just Pit. His whines are so freaking annoying. (But I did enjoy his dialogue with Palutena in Uprising).
But Zelda doesn't seem to make much noise. That's good, since I like her. And iirc, I don't even remember EVER speaking.

Ohh, I didn't play Uprising! I thought it might have been someone from Xenoblade (which I also didn't play ._.) but it didn't seem likely he'd have gone unnoticed by others if it was.

Also, I find it annoying that the characters actually "speak" more during battle. Either that, or it's just Pit. His whines are so freaking annoying. (But I did enjoy his dialogue with Palutena in Uprising).

Greninja's voice is more weirder in my opinion.

I feel like this is relevant.

After seeing this, I will be extremely disappointed if the real Sakurai does not address Ridley's fate before release with comparable levels of pomp and pizzazz.

I dont know if somebody already put this:

http://i.imgur.com/uMqj7vJ.jpg

Basically if Nintendo listens to pros = IT PRINTS MONEY

It'd be cool (not that I'm holding my breath) If they made some new animations for what's effectively wavedashing/landing so they don't look so janky: if there were some animations that were just like cartwheels or rolls or gymnastic launches sending the character in a certain direction as they airdodged into the ground while holding the control stick in one direction or another, they could both make the mechanics more accessible and take away some of the "feeling" that they're a glitch that people can get hung up on.

Personally, though, I'd settle for having something equivalent to a wavedash (that is, something that would move one's character a short distance forward or backward, without triggering the walk or run animations or rolling or jumping) even without wavelanding, though I'd miss it myself. I know a couple dudes who just think it looks dumb as hell to see characters sliding around as they land (even though there's a wealth of options to be wrung from wavelanding).

also that would complete the metamorphosis of smash bros' movement mechanics into "basically The King of Fighters"

Edited by Rehab

I thought I'd post this Game Explain Pac-Man Trailer video, since it pointed out quite a lot of things I didn't know about Pac-Man's moveset like all his Smash attacks using ghosts, the Bonus Fruit special summoning enemies from other Namco games, the Hydrant water spouts not being damaging, and such:

I know some of you may already know quite a lot regarding Pac-Man's moveset, but I'm posting it for the ones that weren't able to catch much from the trailer (like me).

There could still be new advanced techniques that players wouldn't have a chance to discover yet. Sakurai does want to appeal to competitive players at least to an extent, so I wouldn't rule out this possibility until we see the actual games.

Basically just because it doesn't have Melee's techniques doesn't necessarily mean it can't be competitive.

This. 100%. Besides, 3 or so days of demo station time is hardly an accurate indicator of a game's competitiveness.

I swear, people are wayyyy too attached to Melee, and they're just going to end up disappointed with every Smash Bros. game after Melee because of it...

After seeing this, I will be extremely disappointed if the real Sakurai does not address Ridley's fate before release with comparable levels of pomp and pizzazz.

Ridley fan tears are almost as delicious as Mewtwo fan tears.

It's Magnus. Remember, from Uprising?

When I heard a guy named Magnus was going to be in this I thought it was Magnus Gallant from Ogre Battle 64 ;/... shows you how much I know

Since DLC was mentioned in the Gematsu leaker's third email, I think considering the possibility is interesting. We could have returns of previously cut characters (looking at Mewtwo and Roy specifically) and new characters too.

The third email also said that there was a debate over who to cut, Ness or Lucas, and that they're leaning towards cutting Lucas. Some called this out immediately as fake because they finalized the roster in 2012 and they wouldn't be making new characters this far into development, but there's a possibility that maybe NoA has already made both characters, and they're gonna make one of them DLC.

Alright.
It's confirmed. :D
Sakurai is trying his best to make this an absolute spin off above the others due to our wifi's being gone and cannot battle competitively online with our Brawl copies.

Sucks, but understandable. At least it's a step above Melee in terms of music. Also while watching the treehouse Smash I notice they were playing this song in the coliseum:

Yep.
It was in my second demo vid.

RD imo has the best soundtracks overall in the series and The Devoted suits the stage really well, yet the series in general has great tracks like FE4's for instance. For the 3DS FE stage there's Id (Purpose), which is nice but imo Fate/Destiny would've been better o3o

Just saying, tho

Chaos FE13.

If Divine Decree or Destiny ablaze dont make it in, I will be angry.

Destiny. Destiny's very good too.

----

Release Dates

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

(3DS) (Official)

http://www.target.com/p/super-smash-bros-nintendo-wii-u/-/A-15044633

10/3/2014

(Wii-U) (Estimate as it is only a retailer)

That's when were getting the 3DS version. Wii-U's is going to be Dec 31, 2014

Edited by Bimbo