SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apparently using the C stick makes you a noob according to youtubers.

I think its a good way of showing people smash attacks. But its easily spamable, if I recall tourneys frown on it but I think with digression its fine.

So apparently using the C stick makes you a noob according to youtubers.

Ah, YouTube. Obviously the bastion of intelligent discussion.

I guess my friend who used a broken controller and had to use the C-Stick for for horizontal movement and still won is an uber scrub, then.

(Just having fun with you, by the way)

I think its a good way of showing people smash attacks. But its easily spamable, if I recall tourneys frown on it but I think with digression its fine.

I don't think tourneys frown upon C-sticking at all. Smash attacks leave you open even with the no-charge on the C-stick, so you'd be punished hard if you weren't playing intelligently.

Edited by Samias

Sounds like they've never heard of the claw grip, where your thumb is basically 100% devoted to tapping the cstick, especially while in the air (fair while retreating, bair while advancing, etc)

I could say the same about your ignorance.

The DLC is post-launch

I've seen all the leaks and I've known exactly what you were referring to with every reference. I am not ignorant, I'm skeptical.

This is a tad late, but the difference between New Super Luigi U and other DLC is that NSLU is also available as a separate title. I know, because I bought the separate version.

SSB3DS/Wii U DLC wouldn't, so it could be free or only cost a couple dollars.

I sometimes think the C stick is a liability. By the time you move your thumb to the C stick you could have already done a regular charged smash attack.

Rehab brought up the claw grip. You hold your controller in such a way that the C stick has nearly equal priority to the buttons. I can attest to it being extremely effective, as one of my classmates used the claw grip and won a LOT of matches. But honestly, the C stick requires only a fast flick. Your smashes come out a lot faster than a regularly performed one. Plus the C-stick is also used for spot dodges, rolls, and aerials. If you want to be effective at competitive Smash, I think learning C-stick techs is extremely important because when you do use it, your move execution is a lot faster. The location of the analog on the pro controller is actually what turns a lot of current Melee/PM players off of it, because the claw grip doesn't work for that stick and button configuration.

Rehab brought up the claw grip. You hold your controller in such a way that the C stick has nearly equal priority to the buttons. I can attest to it being extremely effective, as one of my classmates used the claw grip and won a LOT of matches. But honestly, the C stick requires only a fast flick. Your smashes come out a lot faster than a regularly performed one. Plus the C-stick is also used for spot dodges, rolls, and aerials. If you want to be effective at competitive Smash, I think learning C-stick techs is extremely important because when you do use it, your move execution is a lot faster. The location of the analog on the pro controller is actually what turns a lot of current Melee/PM players off of it, because the claw grip doesn't work for that stick and button configuration.

This seems like a very interesting playstyle.

I like using the C-stick for aerials, especially since you can control your movement forward while doing a back-air, etc.

...But I'm the weird guy that uses FREAKING DK BONGOS for Brawl.

Or an Arcade Stick for Melee.

I've used most of the possible control methods known to man for Smash.

...But I feel the most comfortable with a Wii Remote + Nunchuck.

C-stick smashes is easily spammable in low level play.

If it's to have fun, you shouldn't really be a jerk to your friends.

However, if it's tournament play, you're screwing yourself over.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I forget when or how I started holding the controller like that, but I was kind of amused when I saw a topic on swf many moons ago where people were talking about it, and I was like "so it does have a name"

I can't remember if one of my friends ever happened to look at my grip while I was playing play and went "the fuck's with your hand?" or if that was actually about how I hold a knife and fork to eat, haha.

Edited by Rehab

Its possible to use the DK bongos!? Also I like how DK's final smash has been simplified for easier timing.

I like being the guy that is proficient in weird control schemes.

If there were a way to use chopsticks or something for the Wii, by synching it via Bluetooth... I'd use it for smash.

Edited by shadowofchaos

This is a tad late, but the difference between New Super Luigi U and other DLC is that NSLU is also available as a separate title. I know, because I bought the separate version.

New Super Mario Bros 2 on the 3DS had ACTUAL DLC in the form of level packs, though. All of it put together costs $25.

See, I see 3DS having the current characters, and then the Wii U one having the DLC characters included on it. When the Wii U one comes out the DLC will be available to download for the 3DS. It would be similar to the Super Luigi U thing.

Edited by TharjaAssault

But you would still need a copy of Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U for that. You don't actually need to get New Super Mario Bros. U to play New Super Luigi U.

I always hated when people say the C stick was for noobs or whatever. 1. It's a button on the control. If they didn't want it functioning as an attack they wouldn't make it be an attack. 2. If I recall yes the smash attack comes out faster but I believe it's weaker.

We've been talking about Smash 4 for a while. This thread is a year old.

As for DLC, Nintendo would be pretty stupid if they didn't take advantage of one of their biggest franchises (still behind Pokemon I think). Pokemon remains a DLC virgin though, if you don't count PokeBank.

Don't you technically download the event Pokémon and items and all in Pokémon games? I mean, it's free, but still.

Anyway, nice to know that you can charge using the c-stick now. I hope the same will be true for the right analogue stick on the pro controller.

We've been talking about Smash 4 for a while. This thread is a year old.

As for DLC, Nintendo would be pretty stupid if they didn't take advantage of one of their biggest franchises (still behind Pokemon I think). Pokemon remains a DLC virgin though, if you don't count PokeBank.

pokeradar too, or whatever that app was Edited by Comet