SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Geez, you guys act like I'm the only person that ever complained. xP

But sorry, I didn't know it was THAT big of a deal. But surely you all find some pics of the day to be more interesting than others?

EDIT: I agree, that SSB4 theme is pretty damn sweet. I hope it has a better select screen theme than Brawl did though. Melee's was better and I'm glad Brawl still used that one as well.

It wasn't aimed towards just you (though I wasn't being specific anyway). It was for those of you who've been making heated arguments just over a pic being "irrelevant" or whatnot. Of course, I needn't bring up the ding dongs on Miiverse. Oh goodness gracious, Miiverse. The intelligence (or lack thereof) of those people boggle my mind. :facepalm:

Gotta say, I like SSB4's theme a lot more than Brawl's. It's pretty great. I was never big on Brawl's.

Don't think they'll ever beat Melee's theme, though.

I concur. I love this new main theme already. I get hyped just listening to it. :D:

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't aimed towards just you (though I wasn't being specific anyway). It was for those of you who've been making heated arguments just over a pic being "irrelevant" or whatnot. Of course, I needn't bring up the ding dongs on Miiverse. Oh goodness gracious, Miiverse. The intelligence (or lack thereof) of those people boggle my mind. :facepalm:

Oh, my bad then. xP

But I agree, the lack of intelligence on Miiverse is nuts. I've a feeling a lot of the users are kids that don't know any better though. Either that, or people that just like to spam.

I don't use miiverse. Are the people there like really stubborn, and difficult to reason with? Because it feels that way on youtube, I'm sure many can relate.

By the way, I don't keep up with Sakurai and stuff, but I heard there's gonna be a direct sometime in August...? If that's true, when is it?

I don't use miiverse. Are the people there like really stubborn, and difficult to reason with? Because it feels that way on youtube, I'm sure many can relate.

By the way, I don't keep up with Sakurai and stuff, but I heard there's gonna be a direct sometime in August...? If that's true, when is it?

It's just speculation at this point. There is always a major Nintendo Direct bimonthly. Of course there are mini directs for specific games that may happen in between for different regions. There was a mini direct this month in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7SnFmY5bt4

A lot of people are just predicting that we're getting one this August because of Smash Bros 3DS for Japan being September.

Edited by kingddd

There are a few that have happened in consecutive months, if the Wikipedia page is correct. In any case, tradition and patterns are both arbitrary concepts when it comes to the company that released a game where you can RPG-battle a Veggie Burger.

Palutena is starting to seem OP. Lovely

Though there has to be some scaling on these moves to make them fair. If not we may get nothing but Final Palutena

Edited by Naui

It's a lot more interesting than "hey, this character's gun shoots!"

This is where we learn how to define the word opinion, kids.

Palutena is starting to seem OP. Lovely

'Starting'? I was kind of getting that impression off of her from her reveal trailer. It's an interesting move, but I certainly hope she has some balancing factors to the move as well as her moveset in general. It'd be a definite shame if she became another Meta Knight in this game.

'Starting'? I was kind of getting that impression off of her from her reveal trailer. It's an interesting move, but I certainly hope she has some balancing factors to the move as well as her moveset in general. It'd be a definite shame if she became another Meta Knight in this game.

Honestly, as over bearing as Palutena's trailer made her look, only four of them are 'official' right? I'm interested to see what her base 4 skills are without any custom-move changing involved.

Well, I suppose I worded my statement wrongly. I knew her specials were pretty OP, save for a few like Auto Reticle, Explosive Flare, and Jump-Glide, but now this Up Smash makes me worry about her other smash attacks. Like I said, there has to be damage scaling on it or they have to make the attack have low knockback.

Well maybe it has a long wind up so its not easy to actually hit someone with it, or is only powerful right in front of her and the higher it is the less it does. Or maybe Pauletena is just the goddess of smash (if she is that op couldn't they just ban her from competitive play?)

If they have to ban her from competitive play, we're going to see complaints from people that liked playing as her or mained her. It was the same with Meta Knight.

All we know about that attack is it's range and width, we don't know what the delay is on it, how much damage it deals or what it's knockback is like. We're far from knowing if she'd be op or not.

We've had an attack with this range and more knock back since 64 relax.

Or have people forgotten Pikachu that easily?

It's true, we don't have enough information to properly judge the move yet. Still, it's hard not to be concerned about it-- purely on virtue of its range, this move appears very strong already. It might not even be very powerful in terms of percentage or launch strength, but the fact that it can hit targets so high above it is potentially problematic.

Like I said, I'm actually with Ana, I don't want another Meta Knight situation. I'd love it if all the characters were balanced enough that no competitive bans were needed. =___= Sakurai's been considering the competitive side of things thus far, though, so hopefully all this worrying is for nothing.

Uh...that doesn't look OP. I'm gonna laugh so much if she ends up Zelda-like. Relax, people.

This is what I'm guessing for her. Palutena ending like Zelda won't surprise me at all.

Also talking about Zelda and some about Shiek, I wonder what would Shiek's Final Smash would be? Since I guess Zelda is keeping her Light Arrow due that Samus kept her Laser Beam, and ZSS got a freaking awesome *shots fired* Final Smash.

Well so far Palutena seems easy for beginners, but that can translate into bad things down the road. Having an OP move doesn't make a character OP, you just have to plan around it.

If she's a bit of a zoner, then I'm sure she'll have trouble being up-close-and-personal. Meta Knight and Pikachu on the other hand...

And don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure Shiek has the same Light Arrow final smash as Zelda again.