SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. Looking at the actual light suit, this is more a light suit-colored base Samus than a new outfit.

This. Sakurai doesn't specifically mention Samus wearing Light Suit so ~

Still, awesome outfits.

I think it's clearly meant to be based on the Light Suit the same way Toon Link's last palette swap in Brawl is meant to represent NES Link.

Oh lawl, Mario in an American flag palette. XD Glad to see he's a fan though! ^^

And what's funny is that I was just telling Malebolganone/Bird Jesus about our flag. lol

Also, you think Sakurai is showing us this costume because we just had 4th of July? He COULD know about it...

Edited by Anacybele

daily-en.jpg?date=1404977188031

Pic of the day. The character farther in the back isn't from the Imperial forces, and the character in the front is not the infamous drum-playing puppet in Osaka. No, Mario is actually wearing an outfit from Family Computer Golf: U.S. Course! NES Open Tournament Golf might be a more familiar title.

The Star Wars reference Sakurai made in today's pic made me chuckle (out of curiousity, how well known is Star Wars in Japan?). Does Samus ever actually use that costume in the Metroid series, or is it specific to Smash Bros? Also, I never expected Mario to get his NES Open Tournament Golf costume in Smash Bros. I'm really hoping Luigi gets his NES Golf costume as well, since it's only fair and Luigi did show up in that game as well.

I really have to wonder how many costumes minimum/on average each character will be getting in SSB4...

I like it.

oh man The America jokes. I can see them already.

SMDM9N9.png

"Mario's Italian, yet he looks so freaking American here. lolololol."

There are also July 4th jokes are already there from people who know about the American holiday.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well, this just makes me hope even more for Vanguard Ike! He might not be as recognizable as PoR Ike, but this NES Mario outfit is rather obscure too!

Well, this just makes me hope even more for Vanguard Ike! He might not be as recognizable as PoR Ike, but this NES Mario outfit is rather obscure too!

I'm pretty sure Vanguard Ike is a given at this point. I want Ike to have a costume similar to Greil or a palette swap of the Black Knight.

I want to think it's a given too, actually, but yeah, it's my most wanted costume for him. I'd use it almost all the time, for sure. lol

I don't know what else I would want for him though, other than perhaps his Lord outfit from PoR. Awakening Ike would be fine too, as long as the model isn't changed to be scrawny. >.>

Light suit huh, wonder what Project M is thinking right now. Mario costume was definitely a surprise. Cool little nod back at Nintendo history.

I hope Protoman is a costume for Megaman.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyeyseyeseyseseyseeyesyeseye

samus light suit (or light colored suit) is bad ass, I always wondered why they didn't give that before but have had dark suit. I'm lovin all these costumes, and yeah I want smash 4 Ike to have a greil version, I play with that costume always as ike (i would be shocked if they didn't have it).

Oh, the BK is my favorite villain in the series! I wouldn't complain if Ike got a costume of him as well. ^^

And while we're on the topic of FE and that gameplay video, I always thought that red-caped Marth's colors were too close to Ike's default ones. I've already mistaken Marth for Ike when he's in that palette more than once. >_<