SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

they were everywhere here in Canada. It was piling up since people were smart enough not to buy them since the phone version was pretty much free at that point.

Yeah, don't know why you'd buy the "trilogy" for $20 or however much it was since on phones each game is a dollar each so you're paying slightly over six times more for the console one.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/games/Super_Smash_Bros./Ubisoft/Nintendo/Wii_U/Rayman/rumor-rayman-joining-the-fray-in-super-smash-bros/16911

Nintendo of Canada guy implies that Rayman is to be playable. Is this a case of real accidental leaking and Rayman is playable? Or did he see the trophy on Miiverse or whatever and just kind of assume that.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have anything against Rayman as a character, but I don't think he belongs in Smash Bros., at least not yet. He doesn't have even close to the status Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man do. It would feel like he was added just to have another third-party character, which goes against what Smash is about.

I really really REALLY wish Zoroark had a chance. Him, Shulk, and Prince Fluff are the last 3 I could ever want (besides Chibi-Robo, Sami, and Mach Rider but semantics)

It looks like Shulk is the only of them who has a chance. Oh well. Even if it's only him, I'll still be amazed. I mean, Villager and Megaman made this game for me anyway. Everyone else has been icing. Delicious icing...

Also, we NEED a Kirby's Epic Yarn stage. The musical and background ideas are too much to handle. Imagine a scrolling stage that starts at Quilty Square, goes to Space Land, and then loops. Oh the icing...

Speaking of icing, how about them Ice Climbers?

Hidden character probably why we haven't heard anything from them yet other than development issues.

Since all my mains and secondaries were revealed already, I guess the unconfirmed vet I want to see most is Falco since I want to try him. lol

Hidden character probably why we haven't heard anything from them yet other than development issues.

There's no relation to reveal time and starter/unlockable status. I'd prefer if Ice Climbers stayed a part of the starter group, but if they're moved to unlockable, it's not a big deal.

There's no relation to reveal time and starter/unlockable status. I'd prefer if Ice Climbers stayed a part of the starter group, but if they're moved to unlockable, it's not a big deal.

I don't think we know that for sure. It seems likely that some already-announced characters are actually unlockable (like Luigi and at least one FE rep) but both Melee and Brawl kept unlockable characters secret until post-release. I would expect that to continue to some degree, especially when you look at which veterans haven't been announced yet: they're basically all past hidden characters or characters considered suitable for being hidden (like Meta Knight) Edited by Ragnell

I don't think we know that for sure. It seems likely that some already-announced characters are actually unlockable (like Luigi and at least one FE rep) but both Melee and Brawl kept unlockable characters secret until post-release. I would expect that to continue to some degree, especially when you look at what veterans haven't been announced yet: basically all past hidden characters or characters considered suitable for being hidden (like Meta Knight)

I meant it in the sense that there is no official starter roster, it is impossible to know whether there's any relevance or not. Although, we could look at a few clues such as the 3DS/Wii U covers to see who'll be amongst the starters. I would assume Marth and Yoshi (whom were revealed later) and are on the covers are a part of the starters, but I can only speculate.

Luigi's reveal was a special case. It was the Year of Luigi last year and the month he was shown, New Super Luigi U was due for release. And Marth was likely shown because he's the most iconic FE character and he now has a game in English. So he can be promoted to starter now. Characters like Toon Link, Lucario, and Captain Falcon who were unlockable though, I can't explain them...

Edited by Anacybele

Captain Falcon was a starter in Melee and I'm guessing will be a starter again here. But yeah, if only because I can't see all 4 Fire Emblem characters and all 5 Mario characters being starters, I don't think everyone shown is a starter.

Some cool games...

OUsLlG.jpg
Nintendo trusts us. Thank you, Sakurai. If Lucas does make it to this smash game, we may get Earthbound 2. Now...let's not blow this. This is the only hope that we have to get Mother 1(Earthbound Zero) and 3(Earthbound 2) now. It's rated T. Was only KA(Kids to Adults) with the SNES cart. Even with the cart, I'll get this copy as well when I have a Wii-U for sure as my cart won't really last long anyway. As it is 299.99. 9.99 is alot better than 99.99 for Mother 2. :D
(Must support canon. Some of these people finally understand how masterpieces these really are.)
nXvG8H.jpg
Some other nice classics. Hope it's the Mike Tyson version.
PsW9aQ.jpg
It's on the shelves for display. This release date is real. We are getting it Oct 3th and Sept 13th in Japan.
gg6HzO.jpg
At0zJu.jpg
:D

I meant that I've never seen any on store shelves. Not that I don't believe they exist. xP

^

Yeah, don't know why you'd buy the "trilogy" for $20 or however much it was since on phones each game is a dollar each so you're paying slightly over six times more for the console one.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/games/Super_Smash_Bros./Ubisoft/Nintendo/Wii_U/Rayman/rumor-rayman-joining-the-fray-in-super-smash-bros/16911

Nintendo of Canada guy implies that Rayman is to be playable. Is this a case of real accidental leaking and Rayman is playable? Or did he see the trophy on Miiverse or whatever and just kind of assume that.

Good confirmation...

But...I dunno. It's more likely that several other characters like Snake/Lucas/Metaknight and; or Jigglypuff will make it in before him.

I think Ice Climbers is now the veteran I want to see the most.

Even though they were intended ever since Brawl.

-----

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00DD0B0BM/panandscathed-20

Wii-U's release date is....

Dec 31st.

http://www.amazon.com/GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii-U/dp/B00L3LQ1FI/ref=pd_sim_vg_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0TF8Q3SDDMWKGSJN0QM2

Oh good...

The Gamecube adaptar is coming on the same day.

-Hyrule Warriors

-Zelda lttp 3D

-Smash Wii-U

-Downloadables E-Shop

Hooo....

This maybe a good time now to own a Wii-U.

Edited by Bimbo

december 31 is just a placeholder date

017.jpg

Shouldn't it be out before Christmas? Having it out after that would be a disaster.

Edited by Bimbo

Shouldn't it be out before Christmas? Having it out after that would be a disaster.

Which is why they say 31st December - they know it'll be out before then (without some colossal delay) but since we don't currently know details, they set it to an arbitrary date.

Yeah, releasing the game BEFORE Christmas would be a way better idea. Imagine how many kids would jump for joy if they found Smash under their tree! And a Wii U if they didn't already have one. ^^

It'd be just like those clips you find of kids in the 90s being super happy because they found an N64 under the tree. Ahh, such nostalgia. I didn't get my N64 for Christmas, but my GC I did!

Oh, my Wii U was a Christmas present too, now that I think about it. lol

Edited by Anacybele