SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

What's with all the mentioning of Angry Birds? Sakurai is combining stuff from the target contest and home run contest, not stealing concepts from other games. People are making him sound like a thief (I'm talkng about Miiverse too). :/

Because the concept of this mini game basically is Angry Birds (possibly with a bit more boom and destruction, though). Have you ever played Angry Birds?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the concept of this mini game basically is Angry Birds (possibly with a bit more boom and destruction, though). Have you ever played Angry Birds?

No. But I really don't think Sakurai is stealing from it.

No. But I really don't think Sakurai is stealing from it.

It's the same concept. Shoot something at a structure made of different pieces. Destroy as many things within the structure as possible.

It's not like this style of game is copyrighted (only the name and characters, I assume). Nobody's accusing Sakurai of "stealing" anything.

Fire Emblem could give Pokemon a run for it's money in character count especially if you count the non playable characters in Fire Emblem. Pretty much every level gives a named boss character and most games have 25-35 chapters. You could also count each evolutionary line as a single character instead of each pokemon (after all we don't count Hero Ike and Vanguard Ike as separate characters). Of course Pokemon does have a lot of named human characters too. There was a thread awhile back, maybe even before Awakening that mentioned how many playable characters there are in the Fire Emblem series now but I can't seem to find it. :/

It's the same concept. Shoot something at a structure made of different pieces. Destroy as many things within the structure as possible.

It's not like this style of game is copyrighted (only the name and characters, I assume). Nobody's accusing Sakurai of "stealing" anything.

Well, some people sure acted like it. xP

Even then Angry Birds wasn't even an original game. It's pretty much the same concept of Crush the Castle which even the creators of that game admit was just a refined version from another source. I personally didn't enjoy the game that much.

Even then Angry Birds wasn't even an original game. It's pretty much the same concept of Crush the Castle which even the creators of that game admit was just a refined version from another source. I personally didn't enjoy the game that much.

Just like how 2048 is a revamped version of Threes. And I'm sure Flappy Bird had to have been done before.

Just like how 2048 is a revamped version of Threes. And I'm sure Flappy Bird had to have been done before.

yeah it was the same concept as Helicopter and SF cave

Never played angry birds? You should! It's so cute and free on your phone.

I don't play phone games. They never get my interest and they're stealing the spotlight from PC games and even big guys like Nintendo.

This new bomb minigame looks fun, btw. ^^

I don't think anyone is thinking Sakurai and the Smash devs are copying or anything; like Ana says, they're combining the concepts from other Stadium minigames, and it just so happens to be similar to a gameplay concept a lot of us are familiar with. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Wow. I mention the bomb minigame yesterday and no one bats an eye. Six hours later BOOM, pic of the day.

Haha... Yeah... I know how you feel...

People were all like 'oh okay let's share photoshop palettes' and then I try to get in on the action and... no one notices... no that's fine I'm okay .-. *snif*

I don't think anyone is thinking Sakurai and the Smash devs are copying or anything; like Ana says, they're combining the concepts from other Stadium minigames, and it just so happens to be similar to a gameplay concept a lot of us are familiar with. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Yeah, I'm sure Sakurai just combined existing gameplay from his mini games and just HAPPENED to end up looking like Angry Birds by coincidence.

I'm not saying Sakurai stole the whole concept, but to say this isn't somehow influenced by Angry Birds is somewhat naïve.

I don't play phone games. They never get my interest and they're stealing the spotlight from PC games and even big guys like Nintendo.

Good news! Angry Birds is on console! Including 3DS and Wii U!

Angry Birds shouldn't have gone past phones. But anyway, this new game looks like a lot of fun. I really hope normal Target Tests are coming back, but I'd love to see character-specific ones again.

I meant that I've never seen any on store shelves. Not that I don't believe they exist. xP

they were everywhere here in Canada. It was piling up since people were smart enough not to buy them since the phone version was pretty much free at that point.

Edited by kingddd

I hope board the platforms comes back. With all the gliding, ledge grappling and alternate recoveries added to the mix you could have some really creative levels.

Edited by Jotari