SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I don't know, Zangurak's Lance might give him a unique moveset.

He had a lance? I only remember a sword. That might be a great excuse to play the game again~ Or continue with my game script >>

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I don't want to play Kirby doesn't mean I can't be Sakurai's fan. He STILL made Smash Bros. which I love and that's enough for me. And seriously, stop trying to force me to play Kirby. I'm not interested in a pink ball that swallows shit.

Just because I don't want to play Kirby doesn't mean I can't be Sakurai's fan. He STILL made Smash Bros. which I love and that's enough for me. And seriously, stop trying to force me to play Kirby. I'm not interested in a pink ball that swallows shit.

Yeah,I'm not a BIG fan of Kirby.I only ever played two of them,which get boring REAL quickly.Bandanna Waddle Dee is really cute,though.Makes you wanna fight bosses to see him jump up and down.He seriously swallows everything in Triple Deluxe when he's Hyper Nova.Even turnips.Freaky female turnips.I'm a bigger Smash Bros fan then Kirby fan,anyway.I only really like King Dedede and Meta Knight,and that's about all I know/like about the Kirby series.Damnit,I don't know half of the enemy names for gods sake.I can name all the bosses in Super Mario Sunshine off the top of my head,and for Kirby enemies I can only give you Waddle Dee,Waddle Doo,Wheelie,Kracko,King Dedede and Meta Knight.Kirby's design is like a generation one Pokemon's too.

Edited by Shinehollow

daily-en.jpg

We got a bit of an interesting pic to discuss

Seeing that pic alone really wants me to play the game. -.-

It would distract from the current game they are trying to sell. When you think about it, the invitational kinda sold the Wii U product for a lot of people already.

Which around Dec is the perfect point to getting a Wii-U.

This isn't about selling the Wii U tho. We're talking about selling the game. The only thing revealing Wii U content will achieve is spoiling customers too soon. And its not like we get many 3DS PotDs anyway, so I don't see how that's a problem. Now, if they were both released on the same day, then sure, more Wii U content is imperative, but with the split in dates by a few months, it's kinda necessary to get out the 3DS content first.

Ya know, save the best for last? (Assuming Wii U version is superior)

I kinda agree with you, Ana, except that there were a LOT of Wii U screenshots a while back. Like, a 1:9 ratio of 3DS to Wii U screenshots.

90OnYB.jpg
It's already been scientifically proven that the Wii-U version will be superior.

Don't be foolish. Sakurai can't die. He''s immortal.

There is little doubt in my mind that Japan and North America will get it before Christmas. It's Europe that I worry about. I don't want to wait another six months while the rest of the world is having fun.

Better be the same time for NA and Euro. Japan gets it a month before us. They could have made this game a worldwide release like Pokemon as those series' are among some of the highest selling franchise in existence.

Smash Bros. would be one hot Christmas gift too. I really want the Wii U version out before then!

I never said Sakurai had to push himself really hard though. He's already gone through enough health issues as it is just so he can keep pleasing his fans. If he HAS to delay the game because it's getting too hard on him, I can understand and accept that. The game will still be great, he just needs to take care of himself so he can continue doing what he loves!

Bold: In his April direct he even admits that he's quite immortal. =P
Sakurai: "Yes. I'm still alive."

Thanks, but I've never been interested in any Kirby games. Besides, I'm already going to get Yoshi's Wooly World, which has the yarn stuff from Kirby's Epic Yarn. :P

gPtrtc.jpg

Those Yarn games desu no Kawaii sa are enjoyable to play. :D

I never played Kirby either.
I must be a terrible person. -.-
Edited by Bimbo

You are a horrible person. But it's okay.

She's not horrible. It's just sad coming from people who claim to be Sakurai fans, but at least one of them played the games before judging them.

Edited by Jave

You are a horrible person. But it's okay.

She's not horrible. It's just sad coming from people who claim to be Sakurai fans, but at least one of them played the games before judging them.

This just in: a fan must be a fan of everything someone does to be their fan.

I've only played Kirby's Dreamland and Nightmare in Dreamland, so I guess I'm only a mildly horrible person.

What's the big deal if Ana doesn't want to play a Kirby game? Sheesh.

This just in: a fan must be a fan of everything someone does to be their fan.

I've only played Kirby's Dreamland and Nightmare in Dreamland, so I guess I'm only a mildly horrible person.

What's the big deal if Ana doesn't want to play a Kirby game? Sheesh.

Don't quote me on this, but it could be the exact terms and the way she describes series she has no interests in. She sometimes makes them sound like the most boring, stupidest idea of a game ever - which DOES bother the people who like the game. I do seem to recall her saying that people should play more of games she does like, but seems to shoot down people suggesting she play anything she doesn't normally play?

Anyway, 3DS version comes out in less than a month in Japan. At this point, I seem to be far less interested in actually getting the game than knowing for sure whether Shulk is in the damn game or not.

OK, so I got to play Smash 4 (both versions) yesterday. I got to try out Rosalina, Zelda and Marth in the Wii U version and Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer on 3DS.

I'll start by saying this: if you ever have a chance to play the demo and you only get one shot at it, don't try out Rosalina. Her moveset has such a difficult learning curve that by the time you get a hang of her moves the battle will be over. A huge difference between Greninja and WFT, both of whom are very pick-up-and-play.

I didn't notice much differences between Zelda and her Brawl version for the most part. Outside of her Phantom move, which I think I only used once by luck, since I'm so used to never hitting DownB with Zelda. Dunno if she was nerfed, but it definitely feels she didn't get any kind of buff.

Marth... yeah, he's definitely nerfed. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but he doesn't seem to be as agile as he once was. I'm hoping Lucina at least plays closer to Melee/Brawl Marth.

Greninja is very fun to play as. Very fast and combo-like moves, and his Final Smash is awesome as all hell.

WFT is quite agile, but I felt she was a bit floaty and some of her moves feel awkward. I used her in Smash Run, so I didn't fight with her much.

@RFOF: I do believe that if you claim to be a fan of a game designer, you would be at least interested in playing the other big series that dev made. I can understand that sometimes people don't have the time or accessibility to play all the games they want, and I can get behind that based on my own experience.

I don't think anyone here is forcing anyone to play anything, but I do think people need to be more open to other works of the people they claim to be fans of instead of rejecting them for entirely shallow reasons (I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's true in this case). This doesn't mean someone has to play EVERY game in the series nor every game that dev made. Sakurai also made Meteos, a game that a lot of his fans probably don't even know exists (or even know he was involved in it), yet I don't feel that's a required game to play in order to be a fan of Sakurai, since it's not nearly in the same league as the Kirby series.

Don't quote me on this, but it could be the exact terms and the way she describes series she has no interests in. She sometimes makes them sound like the most boring, stupidest idea of a game ever - which DOES bother the people who like the game. I do seem to recall her saying that people should play more of games she does like, but seems to shoot down people suggesting she play anything she doesn't normally play?

You're right, but do I repeatedly say "play this" and "play that" and shove it down others' throats? I don't recall doing so (not saying others are doing exactly this, but they HAVE tried to make me play Kirby more than once and then called me a horrible person). All I ever say is that I feel some of the games I love are underappreciated/underplayed and that's that.

I never meant to imply that Kirby is the stupidest-looking thing ever, though (I've seen stupider, trust me). My mistake.

Also, for the record, if I ever get a chance to try Kid Icarus: Uprising, I would like to do so. I don't want to buy it quite yet though, as I'm not THAT interested in it.

Edited by Anacybele

OMG does no one understand jokes these days anymore? I just knew I should've said something earlier, because I'd known that the citizens of SF were way too literal.

I don't think Ninian would right out tell Bimbo that's she's horrible. I've heard people talk like that to me. Not just my friends, but adults too. And they were obviously joking. But alas, this is le internet, so jokes and sarcasm would not be as easy to pick up compared to le real world.

OK, so I got to play Smash 4 (both versions) yesterday. I got to try out Rosalina, Zelda and Marth in the Wii U version and Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer on 3DS.

I'll start by saying this: if you ever have a chance to play the demo and you only get one shot at it, don't try out Rosalina. Her moveset has such a difficult learning curve that by the time you get a hang of her moves the battle will be over. A huge difference between Greninja and WFT, both of whom are very pick-up-and-play.

I didn't notice much differences between Zelda and her Brawl version for the most part. Outside of her Phantom move, which I think I only used once by luck, since I'm so used to never hitting DownB with Zelda. Dunno if she was nerfed, but it definitely feels she didn't get any kind of buff.

Marth... yeah, he's definitely nerfed. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but he doesn't seem to be as agile as he once was. I'm hoping Lucina at least plays closer to Melee/Brawl Marth.

Greninja is very fun to play as. Very fast and combo-like moves, and his Final Smash is awesome as all hell.

WFT is quite agile, but I felt she was a bit floaty and some of her moves feel awkward. I used her in Smash Run, so I didn't fight with her much.

Well, as long as Zelda didn't get any nerfs! (From what you could tell).

Her Phantom Slash will forever look sketchy to me. I'll definitely use it from time to time, but I don't think I'll be relying on it 24/7 to block projectiles and attacks.

iHMlZt6.png

LDONuNR.png

The thread title is great.

So, what did I miss during the week I was gone?

Well, I mean besides there being less than a month until I get my copy.

AND WHY AREN'T YOU JERKS VOTING FOR HONG KONG PHOOEY

Edited by shadowofchaos

...The fuck? Seriously, the thread title AND you all are calling me a "Kirbaphobic"? Why are you all making such a huge deal out of this and bashing me?

Edited by Anacybele

...The fuck? Seriously, the thread title AND you all are calling me a "Kirbaphobic"? Why are you all making such a huge deal out of this and bashing me?

They're not bashing you. It's just a "joke".

Though I am one for jokes, I really do think the thread title is kinda retarded. I'm afraid I'll have to side with Ana for once. She just doesn't have much interest for Kirby and she automatically gets called out for it. It's like back in the olden days, at Elementary School which was pretty much just like 5 years ago.

Well, Ana, I'll stop after this, but for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE stop expressing your dislike in such...rude ways. It sounds as though you would never play the series and your tone is implying that we disgraced your family.

kirby is love, kirby is life

AND WHY AREN'T YOU JERKS VOTING FOR HONG KONG PHOOEY

Only cheapstakes and communists vote for Hong Kong Phooey. True 'muricans vote for Shin's mom!

I never really enjoyed playing as ROB so if he gets cut I don't mind at all.

About the Kid Icarus thing, I think it's okay because KI works well with Smash a lot. Also because I know Sakurai holds himself back well when it comes to overrepresenting his own stuff. In my opinion Kirby deserved a 4th rep way more than Fire Emblem did.

Mother 1 was an NES RPG all right. It was very tedious with the gigantic amounts of time wasted grinding, even on turbo. Unless you had a strategy guide, finding the 8 melodies is super obnoxious. Not to mention the difficulty curve was not exactly good. The high points were the amusing dialogue, but the thing is you're grinding so much you barely ever get to enjoy any for too long. If it never gets released I'd be fine with that. We do need Mother 3 though, that's a great game.

I'm surprised stores haven't announced any preorder bonuses for this game yet. I'm betting there's gonna be costume bundles or something and that's why nothing's been said yet. I'm assuming there's something considering at least for Pokemon Gamestop pops in a poster or a figurine or whatever.