SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

So Samus' corpse from Super Metroid is an alternate costume? That's... creepy. I really didn't need to be reminded of that. It was always awkward.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Samus' corpse from Super Metroid is an alternate costume? That's... creepy. I really didn't need to be reminded of that. It was always kinda awkward.

Am I remembering something different? I don't recall ever seeing her corpse. Seeing her unsuited for a second sure but from what I recall she's in the process of exploding more so than leaving a corpse behind. Her Super Metroid outfit is also quite different. Moste noteable greyish-black in colour.

Edited by Jotari

Am I remembering something different? I don't recall ever seeing her corpse. Seeing her unsuited for a second sure but from what I recall she's in the process of exploding more so than leaving a corpse behind. Her Super Metroid outfit is also quite different. Moste noteable greyish in colour with a bit more bulk.

You see her like that during every Game Over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naYmsVhVzDw#t=13m35

Also, I think it looks blue.

Edited by BrightBow

You see her like that during every Game Over.

Yeah, that's what I said. She's more exploding than leaving a corpse behind and the suit has a different shape and colour to the GBA Victory Screens.

I hunted for the picture anyway.

Thanks for the effort.

I was thinking that if this was a non-canonical outfit, the chance that every characters gets at least some alternate costume would be pretty high.

Even though I actually prefer every costume having some reference to the canon.

Yeah, that's what I said. She's more exploding than leaving a corpse behind and the suit has a different shape and colour to the GBA Victory Screens.

So it's the outfit she wears when she dies in Metroid Fusion. I played Fusion first, so I assumed she was wearing the same outfit since I never noticed the difference during that brief flash.

For my part, I always assumed Samus died instantly when her shield goes down due to dying from a planet's atmosphere rather then an explosion. Especially after later games showed that she can survive loosing her suit just fine. But either way, it's still creepy to show her like this during her dead scene.

Edited by BrightBow

Samus has been shown safe and sound in her bikini since she appeared on the NES. It's always been an endgame bonus to do well and be treated to a shot of sexy Samus. I think it's kind of a stretch to say they're showing her as a "corpse" when there's been so many instances of her being out of the suit just fine.

Actually it'd be kinda cool if they managed to make a no-helmet alt skin for regular Samus, to reference the other possible endings you get throughout the games. But it'd be a lot of work to add in a face when she doesn't have one to work with. Peeling the animation off of ZSS's facial rig is a harder task than it sounds. I don't think it'll be happen but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

So it's the outfit she wears when she dies in Metroid Fusion. I played Fusion first, so I assumed she was wearing the same outfit since I never noticed the difference during that brief flash.

For my part, I always assumed Samus died instantly when her shield goes down due to dying from a planet's atmosphere rather then an explosion. Especially after later games showed that she can survive loosing her suit just fine. But either way, it's still creepy to show her like this during her dead scene.

They actually had a voice acted scream for her when she died in Super Metroid but took it out because it sounded too creepy/sexual for the rating

Samus has been shown safe and sound in her bikini since she appeared on the NES. It's always been an endgame bonus to do well and be treated to a shot of sexy Samus. I think it's kind of a stretch to say they're showing her as a "corpse" when there's been so many instances of her being out of the suit just fine.

Actually it'd be kinda cool if they managed to make a no-helmet alt skin for regular Samus, to reference the other possible endings you get throughout the games. But it'd be a lot of work to add in a face when she doesn't have one to work with. Peeling the animation off of ZSS's facial rig is a harder task than it sounds. I don't think it'll be happen but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

I whole heartedly agree with and support this idea.

I would say it is far from a stretch.

You need to beat these games in less then 2 or 3 hours. I know speedrunners love Metroid but the games are designed around exploration and collecting items. So rushing through it is rather unintuitive. You would have to plan your route in advance and would have no time to go after items. The really fun part is that even when you can beat any boss without any energy tanks, in Super Metroid you actually need to collect a certain amount of items to avoid getting killed by the Hyper Beam.

On the other hand, most people have probably died in those games. Especially in Fusion because Nightmare is always a pain and the SA-X kills you in two hits and the first one freezes you.

Edited by BrightBow

I would say it is far from a stretch.

You need to beat these games in less then 2 or 3 hours. I know speedrunners love Metroid but the games are designed around exploration and collecting items. So rushing through it is rather unintuitive. You would have to plan your route in advance and would have no time to go after items. The really fun part is that even when you can beat any boss without any energy tanks, in Super Metroid you actually need to collect a certain amount of items to avoid getting killed by the Hyper Beam.

On the other hand, most people have probably died in those games. Especially in Fusion because Nightmare is always a pain and the SA-X kills you in two hits and the first one freezes you.

Eh, I definitely wouldn't consider myself a casual player, but I've seen all the best endings for both Fusion and Zero Mission and could probably do the same for the first two Primes (if they had such rewards). Of course, I've played and beaten Fusion 20+ times and can beat it in an hour now, but all it takes is knowledge of the game from playing through a few times. I don't remember Zero Mission well enough, but I do know that Fusion's best ending is collecting all items and beating the game in under 2 hours

...I do NOT like this. That outfit is far too revealing for a game like this. CHILDREN will be playing it. Samus looks like she's in nothing but a sports bra and boxer brief underwear!

Now I won't be surprised if parents take the game away or forbid their kids from getting it after seeing this.

...I do NOT like this. That outfit is far too revealing for a game like this. CHILDREN will be playing it. Samus looks like she's in nothing but a sports bra and boxer brief underwear!

Now I won't be surprised if parents take the game away or forbid their kids from getting it after seeing this.

I can't tell if you're being serious or just trolling.

Edit: Whether you're serious or not, the game will probably be rated 12+/Teen anyway.

Edited by Raven

Eh, I definitely wouldn't consider myself a casual player, but I've seen all the best endings for both Fusion and Zero Mission and could probably do the same for the first two Primes (if they had such rewards). Of course, I've played and beaten Fusion 20+ times and can beat it in an hour now, but all it takes is knowledge of the game from playing through a few times. I don't remember Zero Mission well enough, but I do know that Fusion's best ending is collecting all items and beating the game in under 2 hours

It does seem pretty extreme to me. The missile cap is always 255 and each container adds +5. I can't imagine memorizing all of them to the point were I would never accidentally miss one or two along the way, simply by playing the game over and over.

I haven't played Fusion that often but in a game I did play dozens of times like OoT, I only made a file that had 100% once and never again. (Well, 99% because of that glitched Deku Nut upgrade) Normally I always end up with 19 Hearts at most and around 60 Golden Skultulas.

Edit: And I am probably really getting off the rails here. Sorry.

Edited by BrightBow

I can't tell if you're being serious or just trolling.

Edit: Whether you're serious or not, the game will probably be rated 12+/Teen anyway.

I can't tell if YOU'RE being serious or just trolling.

There's no reason for me to troll. I don't like this outfit, simple as that. I've a feeling this game's rating is going to be bumped up to mature now. Meaning I can't get it promoted at work as a hot Christmas present for kids.

Way to instantly lower sales, Sakurai.

I can't tell if YOU'RE being serious or just trolling.

There's no reason for me to troll. I don't like this outfit, simple as that. I've a feeling this game's rating is going to be bumped up to mature now. Meaning I can't get it promoted at work as a hot Christmas present for kids.

Way to instantly lower sales, Sakurai.

Ahh, thank you for my day's smile.

But really, this will not bump it up to a Mature rating. Let's not overreact here, yeah?

Children aren't going to be drooling at ger though, because they're children. It's not like she's doing anything obscene regardless. I think thre was somebody from f-zero that was a trophy in brawl that was worse, but Idon't know the name of that character.

The 3DS version is already confirmed to be E10, so there's no need to worry about that. An outfit like this one on its own is never a reason to push a game into an M rating anyway. None of the GBA Metroids were rated M, after all.

You're not going to see a trophy fighting against other characters in tournaments and online, though.

And also, I never got why Brawl had a teen rating while an obviously more mature game like FE: RD got only E10+. Imo, it should've been the opposite. And Smash should ALWAYS be E10+ imo.

I've a feeling this game's rating is going to be bumped up to mature now.

this outfite, on a character who featured prominently throughout the entire game, and who never changed clothes, earned final fantasy twelve a T rating.

super smash bros, involving an outfit that one can go out into the public and see women in daily, is safe. i would even still wager that it gets e10+, but it might get a T.

EDIT: moral of the story, you're overreacting fiercely.

Edited by Integrity

My only real complaints are the perfect orb boobs and the lack of muscles :<

Ana overreacting over Samus's outfit is pure gold though XD

Like, how exactly is it worse than the normal Zero Suit?

You're not going to see a trophy fighting against other characters in tournaments and online, though.

And also, I never got why Brawl had a teen rating while an obviously more mature game like FE: RD got only E10+. Imo, it should've been the opposite. And Smash should ALWAYS be E10+ imo.

It doesn't matter if it's a playable character or hidden in the trophy gallery. If something is in the game and pushes the game's rating, it will do so.

Brawl likely got a T rating because of the more detailed explosions in the SSE cutscenes and because of Solid Snake, who used realistic-looking weapons as well as the neck-breaking grab among his moves. Since all of that is gone now, an E10 rating might be easier to approach, although it's possible the Wii U version will still be rated T due to the more detailed graphics.