SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I hope so. I still want to see Falco and Dixie Kong. :3

Also, I think Zelda is prettier than Samus, honestly. Samus is just far too skinny and busty for my liking. Zelda could stand to be a LITTLE bustier, but I always loved her hair, her face, and her outfits.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting at least a few veterans + one newcomer video before the Japanese release. Ness or Lucas could show up on Wednesday, as that is Earthbound's/Mother 2's anniversary.

I don't believe in them, but I have to admit that all the leaks and rumors running around about Ice Climbers being cut have me worried, so I'd really like to see them as soon as possible.

I think Zelda is very pretty too, but Samus...I dunno, I find her prettier.

As for the Ice Climbers...yeah, I'm getting a little worried too. I really hope they get revealed soon so my mind can be at ease. Same with Lucas, although he'll hopefully be shown this next week.

Official art for Lord Ike is shown on Ike's page... I hope this doesn't mean Lord Ike is his alternate costume rather than Vanguard Ike. Lord Ike is cool too, don't get me wrong, I just really wanted Vanguard Ike. :(

Or better yet, maybe both are options. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Official art for Lord Ike is shown on Ike's page... I hope this doesn't mean Lord Ike is his alternate costume rather than Vanguard Ike. Lord Ike is cool too, don't get me wrong, I just really wanted Vanguard Ike. :(

Or better yet, maybe both are options. ^^

I don't know what that corner of Ike's page says, but we can definitely be sure that the outfit he's wearing on the Smash Bros. main site and in every image of him so far will be his default.

It would be pretty cool to have PoR/Brawl Ike as an alternate, though.

Looking at other character profiles, that seems to showcase a game the character is from.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Red Fox: Well yeah, that much is obvious. lol

But I do so love seeing a shot of Ike Aethering Link into oblivion. Show him who's the best and sexiest sword guy, Ike! ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Red Fox: Well yeah, that much is obvious. lol

But I do so love seeing a shot of Ike Aethering Link into oblivion. Show him who's the best and sexiest sword guy, Ike! ^^

Oh, I read your post wrong, lol. I thought you were worried Lord Ike would be his default.

Moving on...

Whaaa...? So I'm not informative, understanding and good enough to get a response from you...? Whatever.

Debating whether to answer this candidly...

Why Lucina's a stand alone character than an alt, nobody knows. The detailed coding of Chrom explains well enough that he was considered and that Lucina did not get in over him. But...it's just due to the lack of females is why that she is in. If it hardly took no development time with her, then that's why that the release of the game is faster than usual. Of course, I do tend to grasp the reality of things before saying them.

Um

Did somebody miss the discussion where Sakurai was interviewed on the FE:A characters and talked about how he thought Chrom would bring nothing new to the game? Wasn't that a thing? I'm pretty sure that was a thing.

Can somebody source us on that if it was indeed a thing?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it myself. It was indeed a thing. The creator of the series decided he wasn't a good fit for the game. Please stop being in denial about Chrom not being playable now, okay? It's getting nearly as incessant as Ana can be about Ike.

♫ Life is like a hurricane here in Smashland

Mario karts, Superscopes, Smaashballs, it's a duck-blur!

Might solve a mystery

Or rewrite history! ♫

What? No, it was the Oompa Loompa--

...wait... NO!

GODAMMIT SoC I'LL KILL YOU

Someone needs to rethink their definition of bishounen/pretty boy.

Link? Robin? MARTH!?

Smash-Bros-Robin.jpg

To be fair, Robin IS pretty bishonen.

The hottest character is Charizard.

^ truth

Edited by BANRYU

Ike had the bishounen "pretty boy" cliche look in FE9.

Calling RD Ike "the only pretty boy" and not manly instead, considering all the other animu boy candidates, is like calling Melee the slowest paced smash game.

GODAMMIT SoC I'LL KILL YOU

♫ Smash Bros! Woo-oo! ♫

Edited by shadowofchaos

I guess I'm quite late regarding the ESRB leak.

Well, besides what everyone else said to disprove the leak, I also want to add that not having Ice Climbers and/or a Rhythm Heaven character despite having enemies from those two universes in Smash Run seems really off. Yeah, there's a Pooka from Dig Dug in Smash Run, but seeing how a big chunk of Pac-Man's moveset represents various Namco universes rather than just the Pac-Man universe and there's quite a few Namco items (like Galaga Bugs and the Special Flag) that are in Smash yet don't have playable characters representing those games, Pookas in Smash Run without playable Dig Dug aren't too weird due to how much representation Namco is getting in general.

In addition, Sakurai said around the time of the Robin/Lucina trailer that he's reaching the end of the newcomer videos list. I doubt Sakurai would post that if there were 4 more newcomers left. 1 or 2, sure. 3 is a bit of a stretch, but I could still see how that'd be reaching the end, but 4? I'd hardly call the ~2/3 point "reaching the end."

So what do you guys think about being able to listen to music on the 3DS version even during sleep mode?

It's amazing idea.

I use the sound room in FE7/8 to casually listen to music often, and this just makes it easier.

So what do you guys think about being able to listen to music on the 3DS version even during sleep mode?

you could always do that with the music application built into the 3DS. Hardly anyone ever used it though.

Someone needs to rethink their definition of bishounen/pretty boy.Link? Robin? MARTH!?

Smash-Bros-Robin.jpg

Honestly, I don't think Robin's that handsome. I mean, Link or Marth... kinda.

But Robin? No thanks. I think his official illustration is where he's best portrayed because his hair's all messed up (which I like sometimes) and not just the default (imo please don't hurt me) ugly Awakening hair.

But then again I doubt either of you guys I'm quoting is a 14-year old girl so I think my tastes would differ :)

I think it's a nice idea, but eventually the soundtracks will come on YouTube, so I'll just download them and listen to them on my phone as if they were natural songs from iTunes and whatnot.

SOC, again, it was a reference to a JOKE. IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Anyway, sorry for the Ike talk lol, I was getting excited over his new screenshots. :3

I did just have a dream that BOTH Vanguard Ike AND Lord Ike were confirmed alternates though. Heh...

Vanguard Ike seems likely. But I'm wondering if not all characters will have alternate costumes. So far several characters like Marth, Sonic, and the Pokemon have yet to receive one. I think they might just receive newer palette swaps( Like Link's Skyward Sword Tunic, Samus's Light Armor).

If Sakurai and his team could make Link's SS outfit just a palette swap, they can do the same with Ike's Vanguard garb. I wouldn't complain. ^^

Oh, also, I forgot to mention: my dream also had Mr. L for Luigi! I REALLY want this one too!

If Sakurai and his team could make Link's SS outfit just a palette swap, they can do the same with Ike's Vanguard garb. I wouldn't complain. ^^

Oh, also, I forgot to mention: my dream also had Mr. L for Luigi! I REALLY want this one too!

I don't think the Vanguard outfit could be a palette swap since it has a few more parts not available on his Hero garb. Sakurai giving Luigi Mr.L would be nice. It's still the year of Luigi.....right?

I hope every character ends up receiving an alternate costume / brand-new palette swap (such as Skyward Sword tunic or Light Suit).

Though, I can see it being tough for some characters. I myself have not played pokemon so idk if they have something special up their sleeves, but it looks like Pikachu and the others have nothing else to bring as an alt. costume.

And quick question: If Fire Peach (from 3D World) was brought into the game for Peach, would that be considered an alternate or a palette swap? Same dress, just recolored + a different hairstyle. I think palette swap.

Well, if Sakurai's team has to change Ike's model sliiightly, I won't complain there either. Not like model changes haven't been done before lol. Wario. :P