SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

That roster is apparently not complete yet right? So, does that mean there's still hope for Wolf Lucas and Ice Climbers?

I certainly hope so! A world without Lucas is a world I don't wanna be in! I can't live without my Earthbound boy! Ness... eh.

Edited by Carter

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and about Dr. Mario, I'd say he's actually less of a clone than Lucina is, surprisingly. Dr. Mario has pills instead of fireballs, so they work entirely differently, and he's slower than his regular self. He also has a white sheet for the "cape" rather than the actual cape, so it probably has different properties as well.

I do wonder why Dr. Mario is slower than regular Mario though. Maybe his coat weighs him down. lol

Edited by Anacybele

The leaker that leaked that pic said they'd be DLC. But I'm skeptical on this because Sakurai stated awhile back that he had no plans for DLC and doesn't appear to have changed his mind. I think he would have said something by now if he did, because the 3DS release is so close. Then again, he could be waiting for the Wii U version to get closer before coming out with DLC.

The DLC list was fake.

It was? I don't remember anyone saying this. Then again, this thread moves so fast that I've probably missed stuff. xP

The other leakers and I think the guy that posted the list said so, I'm not sure, this whole thing is moving super fast.

What worries me is that SSB's number of playable characters grow in exponential ways. How many chars will there be in SSB5? 60+?

SSB6, since Sakurai said 3ds = 4 and wii u = 5 a while back :P.

And Dr. Mario will probably have the kobe, the pills and no fludd.

Seems very weird that Ice Climbers are gone.

Sakurai had mentioned that he had trouble getting them to work on the 3DS due to issues with the CPU. Looks like he didn't get the issue fixed. A shame, they will be missed....

...and I'm wondering why Dr. Mario isn't just a costume for Mario since it's just literally Mario in a doctor's outfit.

Doc could easily be back as a "successor" to Mario's pre-Brawl moveset (i.e. using the Tornado instead of FLUDD). Dark Pit could be that for Pit as well, and some people have speculated that Lucina is that for Marth.

Actually, it's funny: Sakurai was asked pre-Melee about making Doctor Mario a costume for Mario, but he said that he wouldn't because it would be "odd" for Doctor Mario to be throwing fireballs. (Source)

The other leakers and I think the guy that posted the list said so, I'm not sure, this whole thing is moving super fast.

Ah, okay then. :P

Sakurai had mentioned that he had trouble getting them to work on the 3DS due to issues with the CPU. Looks like he didn't get the issue fixed. A shame, they will be missed....

But don't Rosalina and Luma function similarly? They're stated to be a new challenger team, after all.

Doc could easily be back as a "successor" to Mario's pre-Brawl moveset (i.e. using the Tornado instead of FLUDD). Dark Pit could be that for Pit as well, and some people have speculated that Lucina is that for Marth.

Actually, it's funny: Sakurai was asked pre-Melee about making Doctor Mario a costume for Mario, but he said that he wouldn't because it would be "odd" for Doctor Mario to be throwing fireballs. (Source)

I would say that they could be Wii-U exclusive, but Sakurai already stated in the April direct that all characters will be in both versions.

I guess the pills and stuff make sense, although I'd have to disagree with Sakurai about Dr. Mario shooting fireballs being odd :3

Since the DLC is fake...gosh dang it I refuse to give up hope for those three character! Now just...lemme go...cry in a corner...*sniff*

Direct on the 29th? Hmm...

Edit: nvm

Also ana, Rosalina & Luma and Pikmin & Olimar are much more easier (in terms of AI) to do than Ice Climbers. I heard soemthing alike in GAF.

Edited by Quintessence

It was? I don't remember anyone saying this. Then again, this thread moves so fast that I've probably missed stuff. xP

It was. Trust me, I've been following all this very closely.

What was with the leak shots of Tiki's panties and Thraja's butt for?

These are supposedly pictures/footage sent to the ESRB for rating. It makes sense they'd want to show them the most explicit content in the game.