SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Peach is disliked for doing nothing in the mainline Mario games save a few

[she is super grand in the RPG's] I like Peach plenty

Daisy is disliked for being Peach with a different coat of paint and having an "annoying" voice. Daisy is fine in my book

Rosalina isn't even close to being disliked lol.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my perspective, the only competition Toon Link has is another Link, like a young Link from ALBW. Zelda won't go to three playable rep slots, and no other Zelda character really stands out more than a younger link as playable.

Peach looks great. I hope she gets Empress Peach for her Final Smash. It would give the Mario Sports some representation and would be way better than her current Final Smash.

Peach is very popular and definitely not hated. I think people can criticize her role in the Mario games without actually hating the character.

And Nintendo characters? Personality? Nintendo has always been just about gameplay, hence characters with a lack of personality.

And Nintendo characters? Personality? Nintendo has always been just about gameplay, hence characters with a lack of personality.

The Mario RPG's did a good job giving quite a few Mario characters some personality [as did Luigi's Mansion for Luigi]

The Mario RPG's did a good job giving quite a few Mario characters some personality [as did Luigi's Mansion for Luigi]

Yeah, but the priority for all the characters has always been gameplay.

Daisy definitely is hated

anyway, posting this for the lols:

rQtgfTD.png

I thought Daisy was the one with the third eye.

let's play the following game: guess how low tier Link will be in SSB4

both versions

Let's keep tier discussions out of here because it'll do nothing but cause arguments.

It's how it goes every single time.

Edited by Folgore Red II

dude the game's not even out yet

it's all in good fun for now

Still people get insulted when people they tend to like to use get classified as low-tier ect, from what I've seen in the past. I guess I was jumping the gun though

Based on what we've seen, I'm predicting Wii Fit Trainer is High Tier, Mega Man is Upper Mid Tier, and Villager is Low Tier.

EDIT: Please guys don't take this too seriously.

Edited by Jave

Well yeah, those are valid reasons not to like her, but they come from a more vocal minority. There definitely isn't a general hate for Peach or Daisy (or Rosalina for that matter)

Those must be the people I'm around then, huh?

Peach is disliked for doing nothing in the mainline Mario games save a few

[she is super grand in the RPG's] I like Peach plenty

Daisy is disliked for being Peach with a different coat of paint and having an "annoying" voice. Daisy is fine in my book

Rosalina isn't even close to being disliked lol.

Pfft. I have yet to meet someone who dislikes Rosalina, I swear.

let's play the following game: guess how low tier Link will be in SSB4

both versions

Normally, I'd try not to start an agrument but when Link can get pwned by a NERFED Jigglypuff on a daily basis, we have a problem.

I wonder if - and how - they could fix that...

Still people get insulted when people they tend to like to use get classified as low-tier ect, from what I've seen in the past. I guess I was jumping the gun though

well it's almost as much as an inside joke as "Mario is slightly below average" at this point

The Villager might be this game's joke character archetype. As such, I'm thinking he will be low tier.

I proudly predict Link will be mid-tier. Hopefully I can use him. If not, I'll just use the second Link. If no second Link, I'll just stick to an FE protagonist.

Unless we're talking about Daisy in her sports Outfit.

Daisy in her sports outfit >>>>>>> Waluigi

The Villager might be this game's joke character archetype. As such, I'm thinking he will be low tier.

I proudly predict Link will be mid-tier. Hopefully I can use him. If not, I'll just use the second Link. If no second Link, I'll just stick to an FE protagonist.

Daisy in her sports outfit >>>>>>> Waluigi

I will officially make it my goal to turn the Villager into a force to be reckoned with. REST ASSURED.

Well, Peach being revealed today certainly broke a lot of people's character reveal predictions (mine included). I was also on the November and Super Mario 3D World bandwagon.

...and there goes Toad's chances of being playable.

As for my opinion of Peach, I don't hate her, but I wouldn't call her a favourite of mine or say I'm neutral towards her. Same with Daisy (though I prefer Peach more since she's not as loud or proud). As for Rosalina, I find her quite awesome, especially with her tragic backstory of unintentionally sacrificing her family to help find the Luma's family.

And I'd rather not talk tiers or competitive play, since I'm really sick of people practically putting more value into tiers and the competitive scene than on new characters or on anything else in the game, whether it's Smash Bros. or Pokemon.

I swear, someone could make a fighting game full of playable turds that play differently yet are perfectly competitively balanced, have the only fighting arena be a toilet, and people would be all over it.

YES MY MAIN IS HERE AND SHE LOOKS SO AWESOME IN HD!

I like the little ribbon on her up smash.

I'm very convinced we'll be seeing a new mario character in this game. I really doubt they'd show off every mario character so early into development.

And yeah, the trend that characters will be announced to coincide with game releases pretty much is done now, or at least took a bit of a hit.

Edited by Professor Palutena

I'm very convinced we'll be seeing a new mario character in this game. I really doubt they'd show off every mario character so early into development.

This was my line of thought too, but if it isn't Toad then.. Who is it?

As long as Link keeps his same moveset and Sakurai doesn't buff his recovery and makes him more solid he will sadly keep being low tier :/. But I have a feeling he will be Mid Tier in this game. First step for Sakurai: buff Grounded upb to melee status and make his recovery better/on par with other recoveries if they are nerfed in general in Smash 4 compared to brawl.

This was my line of thought too, but if it isn't Toad then.. Who is it?

Paper Mario. I think all of the reveals doesn't really change their chances though. We knew we were getting all four of these characters. The only surprise was Luigi as presumable a starter, although he could still be a secret character.

Bowser Jr. or Waluigi

Really hoping for Bowser Jr. though.

People forget how much toxic hate Waluigi has gotten in the past. It was pretty close to Tingle levels. He was just lucky he didnt debut in a proper Mario platformer. I think Paper Mario has a better chance. And there is precedent for a second Mario.