SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

That could potentially mean no more Ice Climbers and their broken chaingrabs. Not much of a loss for me.

Anyways, seems like the point I was trying to get across by posting today's PotD got missed completely.

t72JAEh.jpg

Red circle-This diagonal arrow looks like it's a different color. It could be just the quality of the photo, but I've tried messing with it in Photoshop and I'm still sure that it's a different color.

Black circle-The font in the PotD is slightly smaller. I even managed to resize and align the two pics together and saw that the font in the leak barely passes the black line aligned with the PotD. I even overlayed the leak onto the PotD and I think it's somewhat noticable.

The "P1, P2, etc." also seems to be missing in the leak unless it's supposed to be that way normally.

I'm not sure myself if this is correct, so feel free to prove me wrong.

I honestly don't believe the idea that the leaker was working for and was caught by NoA. To me, it just seems like another troll trying to reinforce the leak's fraudulent legitimacy. It's true that video footage is hard to fake, but nothing is truly impossible and I have seen pretty good leaked footage that got proved fake before this one. Besides, it's kind've to be expected that when a game is near release, stuff like this happens. Hopefully Sakurai will reveal something that debunks the whole entire leak.

Those differences you found in the leak screen and the potd are negligible, really. It honestly could just be coming from the low quality and slightly different angle. Besides that, the leak happened a day before the potd came out, and I know for a fact that there has been no information about the spectator matches before today. So how could someone fake a screen so accurately without even information on the subject being revealed first?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in addition to POTD, looks like they're going to have two music tracks a day as well. I'm not sure how I feel about Masashi Hamauzu (FF13 composer) and his rendition of Green Greens, but Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario RPG, Mario & Luigi, Radiant Historia) arranges her own music from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and of course it's great.

Edit: Also, the press kit packet for Metaknight confirms the Dark Link colour option returns, and we also get a "Dark Zelda" (wish it was Hilda...) as well.

http://nintendoeverything.com/even-more-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-screenshots/?pid=66488

Edited by Samias

I think the thing that bums me out about the very real possibility of certain cut characters is that the franchises are no longer represented. I was bummed Mewtwo was cut for Brawl but the Pokemon series still had a place in the game. If IC and Snake are really gone (I had a feeling Snake would be but who knows) then their franchises are no longer. :(

The ICs never really had a franchise though, I think. They only have one game as far as I know.

As for Snake, he doesn't have much to do with Nintendo anymore.

Well, this was floating around I think last night[spoiler=Potential roster spoilers]MhboFlu.jpg

Being a text dump I'm not believing it, but I thought it was best mentioned. If I've learned anything from leaks it's that you should only believe video footage

The ICs never really had a franchise though, I think. They only have one game as far as I know.

s2yKEJb.jpg

Well, this was floating around I think last night[spoiler=Potential roster spoilers]MhboFlu.jpg

Being a text dump I'm not believing it, but I thought it was best mentioned. If I've learned anything from leaks it's that you should only believe video footage

OMG the one leak I actually like. Too bad it's just a leak though, probably not true.

BUT IT SOUNDS IDEAL. I WANT LUCAS BACK! And I was actually thinking about Ice Climbers' case, they could just bring back one of them, if they're having trouble.. though they wouldn't be the ice climberS anymore.

Um... Ice Climbers are retro, which is why you don't see them anywhere outside of Smash. They didn't have many, but they exist.

The only one who actually doesn't have a franchise to theirself is R.O.B.

General consensus seems to be that it's fake.

Edit: It mentions Shulk but not BJ? Yeah, fake.

Edited by shinpichu

I said not MUCH, not absolutely nothing. Besides, isn't that just a remake or port or something?

It is a remake of MGS3, yes. Regardless, people forget that Snake and the Metal Gear series began its life on the NES. I think Snake not making an appearance in SSB4 would be a shame.

It is a remake of MGS3, yes. Regardless, people forget that Snake and the Metal Gear series began its life on the NES. I think Snake not making an appearance in SSB4 would be a shame.

Metal Gear got its first release on he MSX. Not to mention that the NES version of Metal Gear is worse than the MSX version IMO.

^ Someone's been on /r/smashbros ^ me too

Metal Gear got its first release on he MSX. Not to mention that the NES version of Metal Gear is worse than the MSX version IMO.

The MSX wasn't very popular outside of Japan. Metal Gear wasn't released in NA for the MSX, either (only in JP and EU). For NA and the rest of the world that's not Europe and Japan at least, the NES was Metal Gear's first console.

Edited by Raven

Even though best MGS was re-made for 3DS

Personally, I'm disappointed that Ike is on the "With Anyone" button instead of the "With Friends" one, considering who he fights for.

Because he fights for his friends not with them

The bath time one is really soothing like the
y75aKY.jpg
Electroplankton stage
I've noticed that Nintendo stopped updating on Miiverse for some reason. It's probably due to the leakage that has set everything wrong.

Hanenbow pls go and stay go

After the DLC Mario Kart 8 is getting, I think it's (very) unlikely Nintendo won't try to bank on additional content for Smash, specially if it's sold in similar packs.

I think Lucas, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers will all eventually return, even if we end up paying extra for them.

People do seem to forget the NES era which Snake, Nintendo's marine is invented from them. Grey Fox was a soldier back then before he died and became a robot.

ALL OF THE FEELS

8u84YME.jpg

;_;

*Saved*

...And profiled. Because I have claimed Ness and Lucas and this is the most cute pic that I've ever seen. ^_^

It pains me that the ICs will most likely never come back...

YbZZng.png

This would have made a great Subspace Emmissionary.-.-
Edited by PuffPuff

I do kinda hope the Impa/Ridley/Mewtwo/MachRider/Dixie stuff is false just so I can still have hope that one or two of those remaining areas are being used for Lucas and maybe even Wolf. I can understand why they would be cut though. Lucas and Wolf have more diverse movesets than the clones, but not diverse enough to be seen as unique, so they're stuck in this awful middle ground where the developers know they'll take more time than the clones most likely, but with almost the same amount of a payoff gameplay-wise.

And I'm not believing text leaks for a second.

Edited by Alertcircuit