SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

For friends, I rather like the idea of the loser picking the next stage.

Rethinking, I do think turns would work better due to everyone getting their stage every 2-4 matches instead of only the loser choosing. (For competitive play you choose the stage the loser asks for though)

Edited by Shulk

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have liked the Xenoblade Stage to be a 'moving' stage as in the platform moves between different locations of the Bionis. (Imagine fighting with a view of Satorl Marsh at night behind you)

Thing is, each world is huge as fuck and they'll vaguely represent them if you "travel all the way through the Bionis or the Mechonis". Eryth Sea on its own would be awesome by having platforms in the beach (the initial area), then going through the High Entia Transport, then through a couple of islands, moving finally to Prison Island's Transport area, and then repeating the cycle, such as Delfino Plaza. Satorl Marsh would be fascinating moving it from day to its mystic night. Consider Makna Forest, Valak Mountain, Tephra Cave, Bionis's Interior, Alchamoth, etc. Bionis's Leg is like the most insignia, though. Edited by Quintessence

Wow. Lyn is looking real nice this time around!

38xi5uB.jpg

Does anyone think FE could get another Assist Trophy, or will Lyn be the limit? Lucina + Robin seem to be pushing it, but I'd love more FE representation.

Why...why isn't she playable? *sniff sniff*

I think we'll get at least one more FE Assist Trophy, probably Tiki or Tharja. I'd love it if it were someone else though, like Joshua maybe or Anna.

As for Xenoblade music, how about this:

Why do people think Tiki will be an assist? Tharja I can understand since she was an unofficial reveal, but Tiki was officially shown off as a regular trophy. I think if she was an assist, Sakurai would've said so, I'm pretty sure.

Why do people think Tiki will be an assist? Tharja I can understand since she was an unofficial reveal, but Tiki was officially shown off as a regular trophy. I think if she was an assist, Sakurai would've said so, I'm pretty sure.

Phosphora was officially shown as a regular trophy being before revealed as an assist trophy.

Phosphora was officially shown as a regular trophy being before revealed as an assist trophy.

She was? I don't remember this. I just remember her being shown as a regular trophy. But I guess this is yet another thing I missed...

Personally I'd love it if this theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p45gdP2OKmU made into Smash 4 in some way. It's my favorite atmosphere piece ever.

oh gods that song. Id be flailing everywhere if thats one of the alt tracks for the Xenoblade stage. Like gross sobbing of happiness.

oh gods that song. Id be flailing everywhere if thats one of the alt tracks for the Xenoblade stage. Like gross sobbing of happiness.

Mechonis Field is my favorite Xenoblade track. I don't know if it'll get in because it doesn't really mesh well with Gaur Plains and it's pretty mellow for a battle track, at least at the start. (it's maybe for the best since I would probably stop and listen to the music instead of fight)

Thing is, each world is huge as fuck and they'll vaguely represent them if you "travel all the way through the Bionis or the Mechonis". Eryth Sea on its own would be awesome by having platforms in the beach (the initial area), then going through the High Entia Transport, then through a couple of islands, moving finally to Prison Island's Transport area, and then repeating the cycle, such as Delfino Plaza. Satorl Marsh would be fascinating moving it from day to its mystic night. Consider Makna Forest, Valak Mountain, Tephra Cave, Bionis's Interior, Alchamoth, etc. Bionis's Leg is like the most insignia, though.

They should make stages for all the different locations. Screw over-representation, Xenoblade has the best environment.

That doesn't mean anything at all. Remember Assist Trophies have regular trophies in the gallery, so there might be a possibility of Tiki and/or Tharja being Assist Trophies, the same may apply to Fi, which I would love.

They should make stages for all the different locations. Screw over-representation, Xenoblade has the best environment.

True, I'll swear the gods forgive me for calling KI over represented if Sakurai does this.

Hint: he will not

lol

Mechonis Field is my favorite Xenoblade track. I don't know if it'll get in because it doesn't really mesh well with Gaur Plains and it's pretty mellow for a battle track, at least at the start. (it's maybe for the best since I would probably stop and listen to the music instead of fight)

This didn't stop the oddity of Scrap Brain Zone playing on Green Hill Zone so haha don't be so unsure.

This didn't stop the oddity of Scrap Brain Zone playing on Green Hill Zone so haha don't be so unsure.

I think Mechonis Field is one of the most popular Xenoblade, if it is indeed the case, Sakurai could put very well include it, I guess.

Mechonis Field is such an incredible song. The whole game is packed full of amazing music and it's one of my favourite video game soundtracks ever.

Also THIS LIKELY IS JUST A MADE UP LIST ASIDE FROM A FEW OBVIOUS VOICE ACTORS CONSIDERING WHO IT INCLUDES AND WHO IT IS MISSING but I found it intriguing nonetheless.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Edited by Samias

Mechonis Field is such an incredible song. The whole game is packed full of amazing music and it's one of my favourite video game soundtracks ever.

Also THIS LIKELY IS JUST A MADE UP LIST ASIDE FROM A FEW OBVIOUS VOICE ACTORS CONSIDERING WHO IT INCLUDES AND WHO IT IS MISSING but I found it intriguing nonetheless.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

I'd be surprised if they could get Jason Adkins back for Ike again after so long... So if he really is his voice again, they probably reused the Brawl clips. And that's kind of boring, even if Ike DID sound more like his RD self there. Plus, Adkins could've sounded better even though he wasn't bad, imo.

But I'm calling this list fake anyway because it lacks Chrom, who would have a voice if he's part of Robin's FS, methinks.

I'm glad Sakurai has shed some light on that Games & More part, but no stage builder means it's definitely not in the 3DS version. :( *crosses fingers that it's just Wii U exclusive and not gone entirely*

Edited by Anacybele

When it comes to FE assists, Sigurd would be nice. The idea of a Jugdral assist in general just sounds cool.

I don't think so.
It hardly should, if ever get any representation in the USA/Euro copies.
Okay. There is Awakening!

Well, now that is REALLY weird. :/

Anyway, I just thought of something. If Elincia is indeed an assist trophy (and I pick her because she's a major character that would represent both Tellius games really well given her roles in both), Sakurai should show a pic of the day featuring Ike in a Vanguard alternate alongside her, killing two birds with one stone. :D Could also be considered an unofficial nod to Ike x Elincia shippers, hee hee.

AsB36O.jpg
...And to kick Geoffrey out.

I want to see Medeus wreck stuff as an assist trophies. Smash does little to show how obsessed Fire Emblem is with dragons.

VKGq39.png

*Giggle*

That would be nice to see an asset of that. OP enough to have even Ganon go flying. :D

Well excuse me for not having been able to play the demo.

Ana, sometimes people get on your case. Other times you're just overly defensive. This situation is the latter.

Just 8 more days.
Just 8 more days. :D

You probably just pointed a surprise that we didn't know about. XD

Sakurai didn't probably want to spoil that.

I'd be surprised if they could get Jason Adkins back for Ike again after so long... So if he really is his voice again, they probably reused the Brawl clips. And that's kind of boring, even if Ike DID sound more like his RD self there. Plus, Adkins could've sounded better even though he wasn't bad, imo.

But I'm calling this list fake anyway because it lacks Chrom, who would have a voice if he's part of Robin's FS, methinks.

I'm glad Sakurai has shed some light on that Games & More part, but no stage builder means it's definitely not in the 3DS version. :( *crosses fingers that it's just Wii U exclusive and not gone entirely*

Another surprise that could be a fact. ^~^

He could have a voice in Robin's FS.

...And the stage builder on the 3DS would overload the systems inner programming for it being only a handheld which is not usually capable of doing.

Edited by PuffPuff

RqGd4I.jpg

http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-banned-in-the-usa/

More truth of Nintendo Of America censoring shit. (At least we got the game!)

Ness is supposed to be naked in Magicant. Proves of how canon that Mother is. :3

...And

7hUHs6.png

Edited by PuffPuff