SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I'd be surprised if they could get Jason Adkins back for Ike again after so long... So if he really is his voice again, they probably reused the Brawl clips. And that's kind of boring, even if Ike DID sound more like his RD self there. Plus, Adkins could've sounded better even though he wasn't bad, imo.

Why? Kingdom Hearts got old Disney actors to reprise their roles (I recall reading that the woman voicing Alice reprised her role after 50 years). FUNimation got Sean Schemmel back to voice Goku in Dragonball Z Kai after some ten years, and this was after he'd left FUNimation. I doubt it would be problematic to get Jason Adkins back.

A Walmart flyer has been spotted with an interesting flyer for the NA releases.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128516609&postcount=1

walmart_smash_3ds_flyer.jpg

They don't come with the game pre-installed.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What mode are you guys trying first?

Classic Mode as always, then alternate the Stadium Modes, do some All-Star and Smash Run. It also depends on the trascendency of Smash Run or if it'll be just a fun mode rather than a completion mode.

Also, how will Multiplayer mode be in 3DS since on the Wii U will be using different controllers? Will it be online based or is that the sole purpose of Smash Run?

Assuming my brother and I get it on the same day, we're going to play "beat the shit out of each other" mode.

Smash Run first. I'll then try Classic mode, and All-Star mode once I unlock more characters.

But all before that, I'm gonna get used to ZSS' moveset change, and familiarize myself with my favorites once again.

The first thing I'll do once I have the game is simply fighting against a random lvl.9 computer with Kirby, my very first Smash main.

I'll fight a few rounds with all my mains to get used to how the gameplay feels, then try out all the newcomers that interest me, before I actually do some of the other modes.

I must admit that I'm not really interested in Smashrun. For me, the 3DS-version is more for playing alone (while I'll use the WiiU-version to play with friends), so I mostly care about Classic and All-star.

what mode i try first will depend on character unlocks

need to get at least the characters i want to try the most as soon as possible

this pretty much

Smash Run looks fun though. Love me some City Trial in Air Ride, so this looks right up my alley.

Why? Kingdom Hearts got old Disney actors to reprise their roles (I recall reading that the woman voicing Alice reprised her role after 50 years). FUNimation got Sean Schemmel back to voice Goku in Dragonball Z Kai after some ten years, and this was after he'd left FUNimation. I doubt it would be problematic to get Jason Adkins back.

Huh, I see. I hope that's what Sakurai did then, because as I said, just reusing Ike's Brawl clips would be boring, especially if Adkins has improved his voice acting skills since then. Brawl DID come out over five years ago. And voice actors can improve a good deal in that time. Ash's English voice actor in the Pokemon anime is a good example. Whoever it is sounds much better in gens 5 and 6 than they did in gen 4 and you can easily tell it's the same actor.

I would just like to hear Ike sound as good as the Awakening characters. xP

Huh, I see. I hope that's what Sakurai did then, because as I said, just reusing Ike's Brawl clips would be boring, especially if Adkins has improved his voice acting skills since then. Brawl DID come out over five years ago. And voice actors can improve a good deal in that time. Ash's English voice actor in the Pokemon anime is a good example. Whoever it is sounds much better in gens 5 and 6 than they did in gen 4 and you can easily tell it's the same actor.

Actually, Ash has had two different voices through the course of the series, and they're both women.

Classic Mode as always, then alternate the Stadium Modes, do some All-Star and Smash Run. It also depends on the trascendency of Smash Run or if it'll be just a fun mode rather than a completion mode.

Also, how will Multiplayer mode be in 3DS since on the Wii U will be using different controllers? Will it be online based or is that the sole purpose of Smash Run?

What? No. Multiplayer will be the same just like the previous ones. Smash run is new mode to play both offline and online.

Smash run is new mode to play both offline and online.

Source? we haven't even gotten any confirmation of that and the chances are very slim at this point.

Also a French Reviewer tweeted this pic and it got deleted.

It's the replay system feature

3Bb8e7b.jpg

Edited by kingddd

I would just like to hear Ike sound as good as the Awakening characters. xP

Technically, Sakurai isn't the one who would make this decision, NoA is. But yeah, I agree, hopefully they'll remake his voice clips, especially since he's three years older. I heard that they even had Ikue Ohtani remake Pikachu's audio clips, so I'd hope they can do the same for Ike. Then again, I'm pretty sure Marth's audio clips are the same from Melee to Brawl, so...

(Someone correct me if any of the above information is wrong)

His new VA, Sarah Natochenny, sounded godawful when she first replaced Veronica Taylor way back in the Advanced Generation DX

It did take a good while, but she's gotten incredibly good

Although that doesn't necessarily mean that every VA will improve, even with time

Like Jimmy Zoppi. He's pretty good as Gary Oak, but the voices he took over (Professor Oak, Meowth, and James IIRC) at the same time as Sarah are still pretty ech, even after so many years of voicing them.

First thing I'll do is unlock Shulk. Probably will main him too, because face it, Wolf's not getting in this game unless a miracle happens.

Play as Mario first as I have in every smash since 64, then try out my mains, and every other character to see their changes and get decent with everyone again.

I'm a jack of all characters who has a few mains. So yeah

First thing I'm gonna do is check out my characters' alternate costumes/colors so I can pick favorites to use. ^^

Next, though, I'm not sure whether I should play with Ike and his new blue fire or give Luigi's new Poltergust Final Smash a test run. Of course, if the latter remains lockable, it's a no-brainer. Ike is definitely remaining a starting character too because he's on a menu button and I don't think Sakurai would put an unlockable character on a menu button.

Also, if Luigi isn't a starter, then he'll be the first I unlock as per tradition. He was the first I unlocked in Melee and the first I unlocked in Brawl. Because he's Luigi. <3

1. Unlock Lucina.

2. Barring the above (if it's part of it, she's a starter, etc.), play through Classic with Robin.

3. Die because I stayed up all night on the new Smash Bros. just like I did with Brawl.

I want someone from Metroid to be unlockable so badly but Samus & ZSS just scream starter. And I'm PRETTY sure Peach and Zelda are starters. Rosalina's on the cover of the 3DS so I will assume she's starter. Little Mac too.

I guess I'll just go for... Shulk. OR PALUTENA.

Of course, there's always Ridley, but I hate him.