SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

what

how at all did dark pit or dr mario take isaac's place

Not saying that they did, I'm just saying that, in someway like what Ancy was saying, clones are in some ways, wasted space for characters that are more diverse, even if they are from a neglected series.

I mean Sakurai made the conscious effort to make Duck Hunt Dog a playable character and did a similar thing with R.O.B. in brawl but at least they were unique characters and not clones. Yeah Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are cool, I really wish he'd have considered other characters, not just Isaac in particular, that could have been a more diverse. And at that point I agree with Ancy that, yeah I like Lucina in the game, but that slot could have been used for someone that fans wanted more. We've made tons of lists of our dream cast for Smash 4 in this thread alone, so you know, it's Sakurai's job to give fans what they want, but at the same time, I know that not all requests will be made.

But anyways, other than that, it's not like I'm making their inclusion in Smash 4 a dealbreaker to not buy the game. I'm still gonna get it and I know I'll use them since I just play whoever I'm feelin'. I will play as each and every one of them. I didn't think I'd like playing as R.O.B. when I first saw him, but he became one of my favorite characters to use.

Edited by Naui

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think I'd like playing as R.O.B. when I first saw him, but he became one of my favorite characters to use.

Liking his crouching punches.

This alone makes him one of my several mains.

Liking his crouching punches.

This alone makes him one of my several mains.

Nah, I just annoy my opponents with his Gyro. Plus I always laugh when my friends forget that his side special can reflect certain projectiles.

Really? I never had any problems with it.

*sniff sniff* whats that smell? Oh yes, its the smelly smell that smells smelly.

STINKING LIES~~

Even I had problems with Brawl's online, and i have fiber optics up in here. Anon!Brawl would just lag right in the middle of things and even drop players.

I like how Dr.Mario and Dark Pit use the old movesets of the characters they're clones if. Like its there if you missed playing with that set.

Wait, it is? I'd have figured for Doc, but Dark Pit too?

Are we still doing the spoiler tags?

EDIT: why is this spoiler failing for me orz

Edited by The King

If you played with people who had poor connections or lived really far away it became brutally laggy.

It didn't even have to be poor connections either.

Just you had enough lag from being across the country with 4 players.

I had Canada and East Coast US with me being in the West Coast.

It was fun, but you had to have "free for alls with items" and just chaos instead of any serious matches.

Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are literally just a bonus. We would've gotten them or we would've gotten nothing (or at least, we would've gotten other clones).

It's totally fine to be hating on them, but it doesn't make any sense to say that they took someone's spot (unless the someone was also going to be a clone).

it doesn't make any sense to say that they took someone's spot (unless the someone was also going to be a clone).

I love how we have to repeat this so many times.

I've gotten sick of how many times that people HAVE to say it.

My apologies for not responding to anyone, I was busy doing other things. I wasn't ignoring anyone, I SWEAR.

But if you guys care about me so much, it sure doesn't feel like it sometimes. I'm not saying you DON'T care, but it just doesn't come off that way to me. And I know some people here know I have issues with realizing what's supposed to hurt me and what isn't. You know, being too defensive and all that...

Maybe I'm being a bit extreme with the Lucina thing, but I guess I have no choice if I'm going to get reported for leaving a lot of matches. Looks like I'll have to deal with her. But I suppose kicking her butt every now and then isn't that bad. :P

ShadowChaos, will you be buying the Japanese or American version of Smash 3DS?

Both.

I'm not sure my Japanese 3DS will be compatible connecting to my friend's American Wii U.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are literally just a bonus. We would've gotten them or we would've gotten nothing (or at least, we would've gotten other clones).

It's totally fine to be hating on them, but it doesn't make any sense to say that they took someone's spot (unless the someone was also going to be a clone).

Personally, I think Alph should have gotten his own slot and Dr. Mario should have been an alt costume of Mario (I mean, Alph is a different character from Olimar while Dr. Mario is literally Mario in a different outfit), and maybe some other costume like Daisy or one of the Koopalings could have been a full character instead of Dark Pit. Though, picking which Koopaling gets to be a full Bowser Jr. clone would be tough (maybe take four Koopalings into a different slot so that Bowser Jr. and each of the Koopalings get one recolor each? Maybe have Roy as the "default" Koopaling of the other slot to show that Sakurai is still a master troll)

Maybe I'm being a bit extreme with the Lucina thing, but I guess I have no choice if I'm going to get reported for leaving a lot of matches. Looks like I'll have to deal with her. But I suppose kicking her butt every now and then isn't that bad. :P

See, that's the proper attitude in the first place. If you don't like something in a videogame, beat the stuffing out of it.

See, that's the proper attitude in the first place. If you don't like something in a videogame, beat the stuffing out of it.

question: are there any stuffed dogs out there that anybody doesn't care about?

Edited by Comet

So would that there could have been a…clone war? Brick'd

Edited by Naui

I hope this game doesn't have any online only trophies/achievements. Because what if( not likely) no one is playing the game anymore?

...Or if the online connection service is gone...? :/

What do we do then? Use cheat devices.

Nya. Nya.

I hope this game doesn't have any online only trophies/achievements. Because what if( not likely) no one is playing the game anymore?

I will never understand why people obsess over meaningless achievements. *shake head*