SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Oh yeah, and the best thing about Ike keeping his Brawl clips? He keeps his hilarious "AW!" and "OHHHH!" when he's KO'd. XD The latter occurs when he's sent flying into the background. I just laugh every. Single. Time. I hear these. lol

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, one of my friends got the code for the SSB4 demo, and he had some extra to share. So looks like I actually get to try out the demo. Whee.

Aw man, lucky. D:

On another topic, Nintendo Treehouse says that Ike's smash attacks seem to be a bit faster. But they're still on the slow side since it's Ike. lol

WE LIKE IKE!

Edited by Anacybele

When I got my codes today I was SO HYPED because I didn't see the news beforehand that the codes would be going out today. Unfortunately I have too many friends so my four codes were basically claimed as soon as I opened that e-mail.

I never liked playing Mario in previous games, but damn, he feels so good here. Villager also plays better than my experience with the E3 demo too. Villager's pocket is just so OP and hilarious, it's great.

So far, Robin looks cool I guess. I mean, the Fire Emblem characters are pretty basic, besides Robin of course. Robin has, like, the best colors of any non Clown Car recolor. Although dat Serena 'Puff.

Looking at the gameplay only makes me more excited, especially the music. Omg, Try Try Again, Rogueport Theme in the Paper Mario Medley, Smiles and Tears, and Magicant/Eight Melodies sounds amazing.

Also, THIS song was my most wanted. Not only is it in, but it got a VIOLIN REMIX. I LOVE VIOLIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY35y2iL1d8

For those who were mad that Luigi had two identical colours in the magazine scans of all the alt colours, fret no longer. That was confirmed as a printing mistake and Luigi does indeed have 8 unique palettes like everyone is supposed to.

xv8IOS0.jpg

For those who were mad that Luigi had two identical colours in the magazine scans of all the alt colours, fret no longer. That was confirmed as a printing mistake and Luigi does indeed have 8 unique palettes like everyone is supposed to.

xv8IOS0.jpg

That third palette is actually a reference to the Super Mario Bros. OVA, in case any of you were wondering.

200px-AnimeLuigi.png

Edited by shinpichu

So since the Japanese version is being released tomorrow...

Will the main site be updated with all the unlockable characters (at least the Japanese one)?

the japanese version was already released as of 11:00 am EST today. they're 13 hours ahead of EST.

Edited by Comet

Got the demo, man Megaman is kinda hard to get used to. I can definitely see why people think Link is buffed though, he's pretty strong. Mario's Mario. Villager is interesting too, weird moveset that probably takes a while to really be getting kills with. Pikachu's Pikachu. Keep in mind, I'm a casual player, so maybe there's some changes in Pikachu and Mario I'm not noticing.

The chat on stream is awful, it's just constant begging for codes. I want one, but I won't grovel for it.

On a more positive note, Link's grunts are amazing, especially his death grunt, 10/10 would play on repeat endlessly

The chat on stream is awful, it's just constant begging for codes. I want one, but I won't grovel for it.

On a more positive note, Link's grunts are amazing, especially his death grunt, 10/10 would play on repeat endlessly

Fun fact:

If you say "Bowser Jr. is in" or Jigglypuff/Duck Hunt/Falco/ect

you get banned from the stream chat

huehuehue

wA9QjlB.png?1

image-34.jpg

Sadness!

I think that disproves either of them being unlocked in a link-up between the 3DS and Wii U, but it doesn't really rule them out for DLC since Sakurai himself said he wouldn't think about DLC until after the game is completed. I'm sure if either of them gets DLC it will come with some kind of "Special Edition" trophies that you get for beating Classic and All-Star with them.

the japanese version was already released as of 11:00 am EST today. they're 13 hours ahead of EST.

I could have had the eShop download version earlier, but I didn't want to update my white capture card 3DS.

I'll get my physical copy Monday since it was shipped yesterday.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well, that's it for the Treehouse stream. But it was fun! I got a very nice dose of Ike and a win from him, so this Ike fangirl is quite satisfied. ^^

Mind laying the highlight's?

I missed some of it

It's not replaying on Youtube for some reason. Technical issues or whatever. :/

I'd like to replay a bit of it myself because I missed part of Ike's victory scene. I think he was doing his "You'll get no sympathy from me" one too ergg. xP

Mind laying the highlight's?

I missed some of it

That's EASY.

Peach got 18 feet in Home Run Contest (pretty impressive). Peach also beat Link in a match at Gaur Plains. Zelda wasn't played too often, and Zero Suit didn't win much of her games. But, we did finally see them in the 3DS version, so that's nice!

Hey, that's not all the good stuff that was shown! Besides all the Ike stuff, we saw customizations, All-Star mode (though they never got past the group with Marth, Palutena, and Pit lol), Target Blast, and other things too. ^^

The entire OST has been posted online.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0YN3mEp0MJPH9AsLfRf0LlYkdqB7WprK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMl_IWNamZI&index=70&list=PL0YN3mEp0MJPH9AsLfRf0LlYkdqB7WprK

You guys have to give a listen to this remix of the Melee menu theme.

Edited by Doofina

I got lucky enough to win a demo code on a twitter thing and I've been playing it all evening. :D

Man, the streams do not do the game justice! It looks so good and plays so smoothly. Like everyone says the controls are really weird at first but you get used to them after a few matches.

I've played Link and Megaman the most. Link is so good. He's so much faster with barely any landing lag, and it's really easy to combo ground>air or vice versa. There was a tip that popped up on the loading screen that said his forward dash has a sweet spot on the tip of his sword (did he steal it from Marth??). Megaman is a little odd, a lot of his moves are projectiles but he has some pretty strong short range smash attacks. He has some pretty cool combos too. He's the surprise for me, I wasn't expecting to like him so much.

Villager is hard to figure out for me, they don't have many easy KOs other than the tree which can be tricky to land properly, and their forward smash. Pikachu feels a bit faster but I can't really figure out many differences, although he does feel different lol. Mario is definitely buffed as the people streaming were quick to find out.

Anyway, all the characters are really fun. The veterans all feel very different, they have some new animations which are awesome. I can't wait for the game! I'm having so much fun with 5 characters and 1 stage that I can't even imagine what the full version will be like!