SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I think Ditto should be playable and be able to transform into every single Pokemon with their own unique model and set of moves which can be customized exactly like the moves in the games but without any grinding sounds like a great idea guys kthnx.

inb4 someone says REFA YOU DOLT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE TOO MUCH EFFORT NINTENDO WILL ONLY ADD 1-5 POKEMON all i'm hearing is BLAHBLAHBLAH I DON'T LIKE GOOD IDEAS.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mewtwo, Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer do represent Nintendo's history. Is Gen2 an important part of Pokemon's history? Is Magvel an important part of Fire Emblem's history? You can't just look at Pokemon's generational system to determine Smash Bros. candidates. Unique and important characters get in, not the latest, greatest or generational characters.

The first game in a series isn't the be all and end all in terms of representation. Otherwise, Lucario wouldn't have been prioritized over Mewtwo. And Sakurai said himself for outside companies like Game Freak and IS, their say in terms of playable characters overrides Sakurai's. Sakurai even said that for Brawl, IS wanted Ike in, and for Pokemon, Game Freak look at the newest gen and the hottest Pokemon (which was Lucario during the Brawl era).

Also, I wasn't saying that every generation/game should get playable representation in games like Pokemon and Fire Emblem. I was trying to say that the oldest game in those series shouldn't be the only ones getting playable representation, and with Game Freak's and IS' playable character choices of Ike and Lucario, it's obvious they feel the same way.

The first game in a series isn't the be all and end all in terms of representation. Otherwise, Lucario wouldn't have been prioritized over Mewtwo. And Sakurai said himself for outside companies like Game Freak and IS, their say in terms of playable characters overrides Sakurai's. Sakurai even said that for Brawl, IS wanted Ike in, and for Pokemon, Game Freak look at the newest gen and the hottest Pokemon (which was Lucario during the Brawl era).

Also, I wasn't saying that every generation/game should get playable representation in games like Pokemon and Fire Emblem. I was trying to say that the oldest game in those series shouldn't be the only ones getting playable representation, and with Game Freak's and IS' playable character choices of Ike and Lucario, it's obvious they feel the same way.

Very well put.

I think as developers, IS and Game Freak like their later characters to have the same level of importance as their early ones. They can never be may iconic, because that's a simultaneous process that involves both the creators and the audience. But the creators do aid in that process. Ike definitely got a boost because of his smash appearance, as did Roy. Mewtwo's and Lucario's appearances aided in increasing their popularity.

If Game Freak wanted the most iconic characters, they would request themselves. Sakurai clearly values the multiple iterations of the games, or he wouldn't ask the developers for input.

Oh, no, am I seriously the only person who likes Peach? Damn. I feel so alone.

No.

Slightly on topic of today's picture, does anyone consider Jigglypuff to be a female character? I personally do, with its 25%/75% male to female ratio and its feminine attire in its costumes.

I do, too.

Well that is... Unexpected. Would swear they'd add Mewtwo before Roy. Then again, am happy to see Roy returning. Less happy that he's still a full clone of Marth. Yet, they did mostly the same for Falco and Ganondorf so... Which I actually find weird. Cause many characters got new moves. Ah well.

Flare Boy is back!

I remember in a old release they accidentally left a reference to "FitRoy.pac" in their Riivolution .xml file. So I always thought that Roy would be first.

Edited by shinpichu

Roy's probably easier to do as well.

Although I am a Roy doubter in other parts, I must admit that trailer makes me really hyped for Roy, Makes me nostalgic for the Melee days.

On today's picture:
Nothing new, although the texture around the whole is very disappointing. That's pretty detailed for inside a hole,

Ridley doubters will use it as ammo. Ridley fans will remain hopeful. But for them, there's a hole in the world tonight.

Coolilo Roy in Project M, shame I don't play Project M :P

Sorry I couldn't post the update I'm going to bed sooner then the site updates now and I was challenged today to see what I'd do without Internet for a few hours and I accepted so thats why I slacked off :P

What's Project M? I've never heard of it. Anyway, at least they kept Ike. lol

It's a Brawl mod, designed to make the game more like Melee.

Anyway, the other reason this is such a big deal is because they finally got the clone engine working.

It's a Brawl mod, designed to make the game more like Melee.

Anyway, the other reason this is such a big deal is because they finally got the clone engine working.

A Brawl mod? I didn't think anything was wrong with the game. It was just fine the way it was, imo. I have no interest in this Project M, as I didn't like Melee nearly as much as Brawl.

Coolilo Roy in Project M, shame I don't play Project M :P

Sorry I couldn't post the update I'm going to bed sooner then the site updates now and I was challenged today to see what I'd do without Internet for a few hours and I accepted so thats why I slacked off :P

Oh no, I was just kidding. I just didn't want to double post. Don't worry it's not really anyone's responsibility.

A Brawl mod? I didn't think anything was wrong with the game. It was just fine the way it was, imo. I have no interest in this Project M, as I didn't like Melee nearly as much as Brawl.

Project M makes the game faster and improves the balance of the games characters. It also adds character left out of Brawl, which is great for Roy fans.

That's awesome. Cause that means more characters.

I can see why they did Roy first though. He's easier to add than Mewtwo, cause he's a Marth clone.

Wondering what they'll do with the hitboxes though. Thusfar, Roy still seems as a lite-Marth cause of his range. Forward Air might be powered up, but it's still having less range than Marth's. More fire effects are cool, I wished for even more, there are GREAT Roy PSA's around. It's a little bit ofma shame that his Neutral B isn't ranged either... But oh well. It's better than no Roy I suppose.

Oh yay, looks like Peach just got tenure

/pleasedon'tkillme

And good to see Luigi too~

How often to do they reveal characters? I mean, it was obvious Luigi and Peach would be in and all that, I'm hoping they'll show some new ones soon!

Ike is top tier in P:M.

Edited by shinpichu