SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does not. It took Dedede and Metaknight till BRAWL to get in remember? Has Kirby been on the main sight for Smash 4 alot? NO, oh and before you get to the whole "but look at the tiers argument" that I KNOW you'll bring up. Stuff happens eh? He seems to promote POKEMON if anything.

He even stated he doesn't like adding his own characters because it will look like personal bias, as much as you want to paint him as a selfish jerkass, he is far from that http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jun/28/sakurai-doesnt-make-some-characters-intentionally-strong-has-no-favorites-wii-u-gamepad-screen-not-heavily-utilized-new-ssb/

Pic of the day

UbXMCRX.jpg

Gotta get that flagpole!

UbXMCRX.jpg

My caption for today's screenshot:

Mario: Let's try jumping on them Peach. That always solves problems in our kingdom.

He does not. It took Dedede and Metaknight till BRAWL to get in remember? Has Kirby been on the main sight for Smash 4 alot? NO, oh and before you get to the whole "but look at the tiers argument" that I KNOW you'll bring up. Stuff happens eh? He seems to promote POKEMON if anything.

He even stated he doesn't like adding his own characters because it will look like personal bias, as much as you want to paint him as a selfish jerkass, he is far from that http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jun/28/sakurai-doesnt-make-some-characters-intentionally-strong-has-no-favorites-wii-u-gamepad-screen-not-heavily-utilized-new-ssb/

I guess there's Metaknight, but I doubt he made him OP intentionally.

Thank you. I'm sick of people saying that Sakurai is being biased, trolling his fans, and intentionally trying to ruin Smash Bros. (if only I could wipe from my memory all the GameFAQs complainers that constantly say things along those lines)

I honestly think Palutena's a serious contender to be included in this game as a playable character. Maybe even Hades?

Sakurai is developing this game by the way, and we all know how much he likes to shill his characters.

I believe moving up Kid Icarus to the big 8 and bumping down Yoshi gives Kid Icarus a good chance of getting another rep. Palutena is the easiest choice. And Pit should probably have the Great Sacred Treasure for his Final Smash anyways.

what's this "big 8", biggest Nintendo series?

I dno, I'm guessing they mean the big 8 from Smash 64, eventhough Brawl and Melee both changed up who were shown first and there was no big 8 other then 64.

I believe moving up Kid Icarus to the big 8 and bumping down Yoshi gives Kid Icarus a good chance of getting another rep. Palutena is the easiest choice. And Pit should probably have the Great Sacred Treasure for his Final Smash anyways.

I believe moving up Kid Icarus to the big 8 and bumping down Yoshi

bumping down Yoshi

nahhhhhhh we're good

SO HAPPY

Just to clarify, the big 8 are the original series (or characters) that were not unlockable in the first smash. So that's Samus, Link, Mario, Yoshi, DK, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu. Or by series: Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Yoshi, DK, Kirby, Star Fox and Pokemon. With the reveal trailer for 4, we got the big 8 minus Yoshi along with Bowser and the three newcomers.

And Mewtwo just keeps gaining leverage

Origin OVA has him in it

mewtsuorigin_zps430735a3.png

And remember Sakurai pays attention to animated pokemon stuff when it comes to choices.

Lucario is also looking to make appearances in the next Anime series

ovJUKuB.png

Edited by Jedi

Where is my blaziken

Blaziken is on that pokemon poster in Mega form right next to Lucario :P

He would be my dream Pokemon to be in smash but I doubt it will happen.

Edited by Jedi

I don't really care much about Smash but Jedi wanted me to post something so he could post again without double posting.

Mega Blaziken sux and I will play Smash even less than I normally do if they include him.

Chrom's English VA was recently interviewed and asked about Smash Brothers his VA was the creator of the Webseries There Will be Brawl

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/interview_meet_matthew_mercer_voice_actor_for_chrom

NL: We may be quite cheeky in asking if you've been asked to reprise your role as Chrom in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. series?
MM:I currently have not been approached and asked about this, but MAN WOULD I LOVE FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. As a huge fan of the Smash Bros series (heck, look at my webseries!), I would love to. Chrom seems like an easy fit, and follows the trend of previous Smash Bros games... so just keep your fingers crossed, and be SUPER VERBAL to Nintendo about your NEED to have Chrom in the game!

I disagree with him saying "trend" but there you have it.

Edited by Jedi

Couldn't they just reuse voice clips for either Chrom or Lucina? Like, they already have grunts and victory/taunt catchphrases that would probably work in Smash.

If anything can be said about Sakurai and his team, they aren't lazy. Honestly if they did that it would be extremely disappointing

Not to mention acouple brawl fighters [namely Pit and Sonic if he returns] have new VA's so it would be kinda weird to reuse some lines and make some new ones etc.