SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Viewtiful_J beat me to it and linked to the article I was going to use to show that The Pokemon Company has the final say when it comes to playable Pokemon in Smash Bros. If only I could find that article that said The Pokemon Company is the hardest to negotiate with (barring 3rd parties) in terms of playable characters in Smash Bros. It was on gonintendo, but all I could find was the same article Viewtiful_J found, with the only difference being a different site linking to it.

Maybe Genesect is an option?

After Zoroark, I suppose Genesect would be the most reasonable 5th Gen Pokemon to have playable (I mean they've both got a humanoid shape, making it easy to fit them into Smash Bros. style as playable characters). I wonder if SSB4 will include 6th Gen Pokemon (even if it's just Pokeball Pokemon).

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't see how a 6th gen Pokemon won't get in, whether it be a mega form or whatever. Since we only know two out of the probable dozen legendaries so far, I think a 5th gen Pokemon is less and less likely. (Especially since 3rd gen didn't get a rep in Brawl)

Game Freak works on the games with the Pokemon Company, who has a great deal of influence on the characters that appear.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2013/06/20/sakurai-discusses-how-pokemon-are-chosen-for-super-smash-bros/

Nowhere in that article does it say that The Pokémon Company actually makes the decision which Pokémon go in Smash Bros. All it says is that Sakurai has a talk with them about which Pokémon are currently popular and then he makes a decision based on that.

Thus, it is Sakurai, not The Pokémon Company, that ultimately decides which Pokémon take part in Smash Brothers.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

what part, Armada's Young Link getting into 8 minute matches?

edit: or wait, you mean the "thanks Obama" gifs?

at Armada having a Young Link at all, basically

From Sakurai's Miiverse:

Rbog9MB.png

Oh gosh, look at Link on the platform holding up his shield. XD

He's like.. IT WASN'T ME!

Glad to see Toony is still the most expressive smasher :P

XD

Normal Link's all like " Oh man..."

Guys, think about it. If Toon Link is back, who from Brawl is NOT back? I mean, TL was on almost everyone's list of "characters that are probably not returning", yet here he is. I think at this point Sakurai is focusing more on balancing the roster than adding new characters, so I'm guessing we're getting less newcomers this time around, but with the whole Brawl roster plus Roy and Mewtwo. The only veteran that could go either way is Snake, since he's not up to Nintendo, and before you say Sonic... come on... I mean come on.

Guys, think about it. If Toon Link is back, who from Brawl is NOT back? I mean, TL was on almost everyone's list of "characters that are probably not returning", yet here he is. I think at this point Sakurai is focusing more on balancing the roster than adding new characters, so I'm guessing we're getting less newcomers this time around, but with the whole Brawl roster plus Roy and Mewtwo. The only veteran that could go either way is Snake, since he's not up to Nintendo, and before you say Sonic... come on... I mean come on.

Roy and Sonic would be my dream returners and I think Sonic is safe to be honest like you, they can't introduce the whole Mario vs Sonic thing then take it out. Roy is who got me into FE in the first place and was who I mainly used in Melee and he still has alot of supporters [not nearly as many as Mewtwo but still]

Snake i'm not sure of could go either way.

Ike, Lucario and Lucas are high on alot of peoples "most likely to be cut" lists still though, I have a feeling they may get a shock

Also newcomers we may still get a fair few

The sad thing is that most people seem to say Ike will get cut because Roy did. Which is stupid, because that's not even a pattern and Roy wasn't really replaced anyway as stated earlier in the thread. Time constraints just prevented him from getting in, which means we might even see three FE reps this time, which I think is most likely the case. And if it is, I have my money on Marth, Ike, and Chrom or Avatar being those three.

Edited by Anacybele

Do you realize how much backlash there would be? Sure they could but I doubt they would.

There would be backlash involving Sonic no matter what they do.

"dammit his eyes are supposed to be 0x1B9E23, not 0x1B9E28! RUINED FOREVER!"

Late to the party but...

TOON LINK AWWS YEAH. HYPE!

Anyway yes.

Also I personally dont care if Sonic stays, but he has a ton of more diverse moves since Colors has been out.

Apso since Sega owns Atlus I can hope for like Sakura Taisen characters for Smash 4.

Unlikely but I CAN DREAM

Late to the party but...

TOON LINK AWWS YEAH. HYPE!

Anyway yes.

Also I personally dont care if Sonic stays, but he has a ton of more diverse moves since Colors has been out.

Apso since Sega owns Atlus I can hope for like Sakura Taisen characters for Smash 4.

Unlikely but I CAN DREAM

Sonic has alot of diverse moves from various games before Colors, Sakurai decided for some reason for his moveset to be based on Sonic the Fighters and the more classic games when some of his moves [even from the classic games] could have been used like his Sonic Battle kicks, his elemental shields, bounce bracelet, chaos control, Boost now, slide kicks, ect but yeah Colors wisps could be possibly part of his moveset

Edited by Jedi

Sonic has alot of diverse moves from various games before Colors, Sakurai decided for some reason for his moveset to be based on Sonic the Fighters and the more classic games when some of his moves [even from the classic games] could have been used like his Sonic Battle kicks, his elemental shields, bounce bracelet, chaos control, Boost now, slide kicks, ect but yeah Colors wisps could be possibly part of his moveset

Well duh but Colors and like Unleashed/Dark Knight have given him A LOT more diverse a set and yaknow can be actually used for fighting. But still I'd like to see some Wisps in Sonic attacks, or maybe as assist trophies provided they return!