SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

...And that's Koonami's marine franchise "Metal Gear."

It's possible. But with the third party characters having letters close to the end of the alphabet (Sonic's music is first and I believe his letter is V) it's a bit unlikely due to organizational reasons.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However...that would make sense with how characters were announced. Snake was announced pretty early. Actually...if it is not too big an issue, when you get any music, can you post it in general?

Yeah, I'll post any music I'm given.

(just don't expect any of the deleted tracks because they're kinda deleted and therefore can't be obviously accessed)

I've been looking around, but I can't find any kind of answer...

About the trade-off badges, the ones that start you off with a certain damage percent but gradually increase your attack, defense, and speed: does anyone know exactly how these work? As in, how long do your stats increase, how effective is it, etc. I tested it against a level 3 CPU and didn't notice anything significant, so I'm wondering if it's at all worth it.

Ooh, love for Mario Paint! I thought that game was long forgotten in the depths of Nintendo history! THANK YOU SAKURAI. I still would love for Ninty to make a new one for Wii U though!

The amiibo figures seem to be very popular now and now less expensive on certain characters.

Edited by Serah

I've been looking around, but I can't find any kind of answer...About the trade-off badges, the ones that start you off with a certain damage percent but gradually increase your attack, defense, and speed: does anyone know exactly how these work? As in, how long do your stats increase, how effective is it, etc. I tested it against a level 3 CPU and didn't notice anything significant, so I'm wondering if it's at all worth it.

It's basically what the description says, you start the match with damage but that stat gets increased by an invisible multiplier for the duration of the match. It's more noticeable if the attack deals more damage. At the start of the match, a Falcon Punch without Trade-Off equipment does 28% while one with a single Trade-Off Attacker badge deals 31%. You mostly want to be using Trade-Off equipment on Lucario because of his Aura.

We've been looking at more sound stuff. While there's a lot of deleted tracks, there's, more interestingly, deleted victory themes.

Victory themes are indexed using the letter Z and a number. In this case, the numbers range from Z01 to Z79. Here are the ones that have been removed.

Z16 - (presumably were the Ice Climbers, as it's between Sheik and Marth)

Z25 - (likely Lucas, as it's between Olimar and Diddy Kong)

Z28, Z29, Z30, Z31 - (between Diddy Kong and Dedede, it's likely the Pokémon Trainer and the three Pokémon)

Z36 - ??? (between R.O.B. and Jigglypuff)

Z38, Z39, Z40 - ??? (between Jigglypuff and Toon Link)

Z42, Z43, Z44, Z45, Z46 - ??? (between Toon Link and Sonic)

Counting those, we have 9 files. Characters fitting here are Wolf, Snake and... none other than the Forbidden 7 from Brawl

Z48, Z49 - Between veteran characters and other jingles, so it's impossible to know what would be here.

Z59 to Z74 are newcomers, as well as Charizard and Dr. Mario. The list starts with Charizard, then the 3 last minute clones and then going on the rest of the newcomers.

Z75 and Z76 are skipped. Z77 - Z79 are for Metal Face, Yellow Devil and Ridley. Maybe other bosses were planned?

In other news, 1.0.4 is the last balance patch: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/dec/14/sakura-has-no-plans-balance-super-smash-bros-wii-u3ds-further-outside-fixes-improve-online-experience/

And here's how you get Mewtwo. Of note is that your 3DS and Wii U must be linked together. http://www.gonintendo.com/s/243627-wii-u-3ds-must-be-linked-to-get-your-mewtwo-download-smash-bros-soundtrack

And here's how you get Mewtwo. Of note is that your 3DS and Wii U must be linked together. http://www.gonintendo.com/s/243627-wii-u-3ds-must-be-linked-to-get-your-mewtwo-download-smash-bros-soundtrack

And here's another reason to wait until he becomes paid DLC.I can honestly wait until then.

Has there been any data for Isaac or Bandana Dee at all?

I think there was a Smash discussion that Gamexplain did mentioning a leak about character models found in the game,which were Mewtwo,Ridley,Dixie and some others I can't remember.I think Issac may have been one.

Has there been any data for Isaac or Bandana Dee at all?

Nothing right now seems to suggest anything for characters aside from the cut characters and the ones that didn't make it to Brawl, and that's only due to a possible connection in the music.

I think what they mean is that for digital buyers, you need to have your systems linked to your Club Nintendo account...

Because I registered codes from physical purchases... and they had the offer in my to-do list... And I filled it out and everything... and even put in my shipping address...

For the missing "O" section of music in the Wii U version ROM dump, I don't think that's a removed franchise. Brawl's music file structure also omits the letter O. I think this is a conscious decision to avoid confusing "O" series tracks with a 0, which could be catastrophic coding-wise.

That said I really hope 1.0.4 isn't *the* last balance patch and that the team reconsiders. I'm sure Sakurai and team are winding down and ready to move on to other things but there's still a few hitboxes I wish they'd fix up and also to tweak the characters once more now that the Wii U version is out. Nothing major is needed but it would be nice if either Diddy was toned down or everyone was toned up to make things less centralized around "how well do you match up against Diddy". There's always the possibility of new techs being discovered that turn the game on its head, but right now we *know* Diddy has a really easy time linking into his aerials and getting KOs easier and earlier than most of the cast at high level play.

So if I read that article right, then that means I can't even get Mewtwo anymore since I didn't have anything to do with Club Nintendo yet but already bought the games weeks ago?

Well, I guess it's nice that this is taken out of my hands since I don't like these kinds of account registrations anyway.

Edited by BrightBow

That said I really hope 1.0.4 isn't *the* last balance patch and that the team reconsiders. I'm sure Sakurai and team are winding down and ready to move on to other things but there's still a few hitboxes I wish they'd fix up and also to tweak the characters once more now that the Wii U version is out. Nothing major is needed but it would be nice if either Diddy was toned down or everyone was toned up to make things less centralized around "how well do you match up against Diddy". There's always the possibility of new techs being discovered that turn the game on its head, but right now we *know* Diddy has a really easy time linking into his aerials and getting KOs easier and earlier than most of the cast at high level play.

Well, according to someone on Smashboards, the quote in the EventHubs article was a mistranslation: http://smashboards.com/threads/sakurai-states-that-we-dont-have-any-such-plans-to-balance-the-game.382835/#post-18192006

http://www.ign.com/wikis/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds/Challenges

*Giggle*

IGN does it again. There are actually strategies for some challenges which more should get posted soon. Helps right now with the 4 cruel smash one with Pit as I like this challenge...too! Been trying to clear the 9.0 without losing a single life challenge as it is my favorite challenge in the game! With the AI even crafty at easy levels and instantly dying with some items that the stages throw at you(you cannot turn them off on classic), this will be quite a feat. Have to get back to that one later as there are still lots of others to do. The Hard with all characters all star clear one will be quite a feat as well.

Edited by PuffPuff

So if I read that article right, then that means I can't even get Mewtwo anymore since I didn't have anything to do with Club Nintendo yet but already bought the games weeks ago?

Nope.Sometime after people get him early in spring 2015,he'll be payed DLC.