SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forget that it's possible Sakurai and company didn't expect a lot of people to vote for ATs.

This is entirely irrelevant, and if they didn't expect that (especially with Ridley), they're morons.

And like honestly, if we can have Toon Link on the Spirit Tracks stage and playable Toon Link, I don't think anyone would cry over some dude being playable and an assist trophy.

And like honestly, if we can have Toon Link on the Spirit Tracks stage and playable Toon Link, I don't think anyone would cry over some dude being playable and an assist trophy.

Same in Chroms case being an FS were he voted for as well.

The difference between Toon Link and Chrom and the ATs is that Toon Link actually has multiple incarnations. The Toon Link driving the train and the Toon Link we play as aren't the same character, as Spirit Tracks takes place at least 100 years after The Wind Waker. There is only one Chrom and only one Lyn. Seeing a playable Chrom and an FS Chrom on the stage at the same time would just be really weird.

Edited by Anacybele

The difference between Toon Link and Chrom and the ATs is that Toon Link actually has multiple incarnations. The Toon Link driving the train and the Toon Link we play as aren't the same character. as Spirit Tracks takes place at least 100 years after The Wind Waker. There is only one Chrom and only one Lyn. Seeing a playable Chrom and an FS Chrom on the stage at the same time would just be really weird.

You could easily change the FS to be someone else. However it wouldn't be too weird, in the realm of smash, there is no "storyline" or canon to speak of.

Well, regardless, I still wouldn't hold my breath for any ATs or hazard characters or whatever becoming playable. I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't think it's likely. I'd rather not see you guys get a lot of hope only to be disappointed in the end.

Well, regardless, I still wouldn't hold my breath for any ATs or hazard characters or whatever becoming playable. I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't think it's likely. I'd rather not see you guys get a lot of hope only to be disappointed in the end.

Well none of the people I'm gonna vote for is either, so it wouldn't be a disappointment to me. I'm speaking more for people who do want those things.

The difference between Toon Link and Chrom and the ATs is that Toon Link actually has multiple incarnations. The Toon Link driving the train and the Toon Link we play as aren't the same character, as Spirit Tracks takes place at least 100 years after The Wind Waker. There is only one Chrom and only one Lyn. Seeing a playable Chrom and an FS Chrom on the stage at the same time would just be really weird.

While you're technically correct, that's clearly not a factor since Alfonso replaces Link on the train if a Link is in play.

While you're technically correct, that's clearly not a factor since Alfonso replaces Link on the train if a Link is in play.

Maybe Alfonzo can take over the assist trophy if Lyn is in battle ;)

Ah, yes, that's right. :P

Voted for Simon Belmont because Castlevania fanboy bias Castlevania has been important in the history of Nintendo's systems, even if it's not a 1st Party franchise.

His 3rd Party status does make me think that his chances of winning are low, but oh well.

Voted for Simon Belmont because Castlevania fanboy bias Castlevania has been important in the history of Nintendo's systems, even if it's not a 1st Party franchise.

His 3rd Party status does make me think that his chances of winning are low, but oh well.

Always hope! Simon would be AWESOME. I mean could you imagine the badassitude.

Sure why not. After all, it would Mega-mean that we'd get the Captain N-icus gang back together again ;)

Edited by Bullwine85

Sure why not. After all, it would Mega-mean that we'd get the Captain N-icus gang back together again ;)

"Now with Captain N inspired costumes"

PICHU; an easier to make character that would give the cast a joke character, which gives him a niche that only he can really fulfill.

PICHU; an easier to make character that would give the cast a joke character, which gives him a niche that only he can really fulfill.

The days of beating people with Pichu return..?

Pichu gets a Dan Hibiki costume..

Dude the tags wtf?

"MY MOM FOR SSB4"

Lmao, I smashed your mom last night

Unfortunately, it would take far too long to fully explain the tags. For now, just appreciate the audacity.

df9.png

At first I didn't care about Roy. Now that I am an official emblemier, I miss him. You are making people suffer. Roy is to be treated with respect and you are not giving him what he deserves.

Ninten deserves to be in Smash along with Lucas and Ness, who agrees? I can't wait patiently until the NX comes out to have him on Smash 5 when all the big and popular characters are already veterans.

Everyone talking about the difficulties making assist trophies or whatever playable are forgetting one key detail: multiple players have been able to select the same fighter since practically forever. I mean, sure they become palette swaps but it's still the exact same character. It's also possible that a few tweaks to a character's model when they become playable could be enough to distinguish them from their assist trophy counterpart.

Everyone talking about the difficulties making assist trophies or whatever playable are forgetting one key detail: multiple players have been able to select the same fighter since practically forever. I mean, sure they become palette swaps but it's still the exact same character. It's also possible that a few tweaks to a character's model when they become playable could be enough to distinguish them from their assist trophy counterpart.

Quite right, I mean anyone has the shot right now.