SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

For the results aspect, the only thing that matters in a tier list are results from nationals (150+) and maybe regionals (80+). Wifi and locals are really skewed by individual player skills. You could argue that regionals and nationals are also skewed, but at least you can pull some good data by seeing character representation in top 32/16 and likely the player skill will start to be much closer to even that character choice will start to matter.

Tiers by results get complicated by matchups though.

Edited by Knife

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the results aspect, the only thing that matters in a tier list are results from nationals (150+) and maybe regionals (80+). Wifi and locals are really skewed by individual player skills. You could argue that regionals and nationals are also skewed, but at least you can pull some good data by seeing character representation in top 32/16 and likely the player skill will start to be much closer to even that character choice will start to matter.

Tiers by results get complicated by matchups though.

And then theres the whole thing (jumping on MU's here) About certain players not being familiar or comfortable with a MU despite their character being good in it, it skews it more in those cases.

Or just ignore the tier list in general and main whoever you want to main.

I encourage people to main who they want to main, but that doesn't simply remove a tier list from existing at the competitive level.

Like I personally know one of the best Ganondorf players ever and he gets good results, but at the super high level. It'll hold him back (not as much as previous smash games), but still. It's always impressive to see them and to do so well despite glaring flaws.

Yeah, that does make sense if you're playing at competitive-level tourneys rather than a weekly match-up somewhere.

Like I personally know one of the best Ganondorf players ever and he gets good results, but at the super high level. It'll hold him back (not as much as previous smash games), but still. It's always impressive to see them and to do so well despite glaring flaws.

Are you talking about Kage? He is a really good Ganondorf main if I've ever seen one.

Yeah, that does make sense if you're playing at competitive-level tourneys rather than a weekly match-up somewhere.

Are you talking about Kage? He is a really good Ganondorf main if I've ever seen one.

I am talking about Vermanubis, who stuck with Dorf even in Brawl which he earns my respect for.

Kage is of course another good one yeah.

Do note that Melee Ganon is raaaaather more viable than Brawl Ganon.

Kage doesn't play Br4wl afaik.

Do note that Melee Ganon is raaaaather more viable than Brawl Ganon.

Kage doesn't play Br4wl afaik.

Yeah, Melee Dorf is top 10 still isn't he?

Yeah, he's 12th currently. He was 10th last time, but Samus and Pika crept up on him. Highest he's ever been is 8th ftr.

e: do note that "last time" = 2010; the current list is from 2013

Edited by Euklyd

I manage to find a new video related to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and someone had figured it out how to work on that PK Freeze glitch that it can turn into solid Coal Black. This glitch can be worked on any of R.O.B.'s alternate colors; it works by have to let R.O.B. to do a down smash and then, get R.O.B. frozed with Lucas's PK Freeze in order to do the glitch correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJkGbC1YjXw

Edited by Tatsumi

roy is the worst or second worst in melee imo. can't dream of touching floaties or anybody else, including space animals.

and coal

I still love the idea of Young Link being better than normal Link...now only if they did the same with Toon Link.

toon link is better than link

I still love the idea of Young Link being better than normal Link...now only if they did the same with Toon Link.

Brawl hurt really bad.

So... ZeRo is currently in WA and contacted the WA smash groups, unsure if he'll be going to the smaller tourneys I do, but if he does 0.o

gonna dump some sick stuff here

[spoiler=firstly]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTxA2WVhoB4

[spoiler=secondly]sheik is balanced guys I swear also smashville is the perfect neutral starter

(actually this has very little to do with sheik, multiple characters have things like that I'm 90% sure)

[spoiler=lastly]MELEE FOX SWAG (but in SSB4)

Wait? That's really a glitch correct?

And by the way, I managed to get the glitch for the Coal Black PK Freeze working and plus, I managed to test it out on Ness and it does the same thing too. And plus, I managed to find these glitches of Lucas doing a PK Freeze right at the end of the stage and get stuck and the Nabbit with the Yoshi Egg after his second counter after if Yoshi swallows Nabbit and trapped in an Egg to get him KO'ed were still not yet fixed in the latest patch.

Ness%20Coal%20Black%20PK%20Freeze%20Glit

Wait? That's really a glitch correct?

in a word: no.

it's because the fire on fox's upb is over 180°

it looks like the initial reverse is a b-reversed upb, and then he uses this new tech to reverse direction upon impact

Edited by Euklyd

in a word: no.

it's because the fire on fox's upb is over 180°

it looks like the initial reverse is a b-reversed upb, and then he uses this new tech to reverse direction upon impact

Oh I see.

And speaking of which, I just found something related glitch related to the Coal Black PK Freeze with the R.O.B., but someone manage to find something odd on R.O.B. with a Black Circle thing just appeared out of nowhere when he tested out with Zero Suit Samus and I am not exactly 100% sure if that Black Circle from the Down Smash possibly be triggered Lucas' and Ness' PK Freeze turn to black? Can someone might figure out what's with the Black Circle on R.O.B. suppose to be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbrQxVKNfCo

Edited by Tatsumi