SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I find it disappointing that a large part of nintendo's strategy for buffing characters is pretty much just giving them a hoo-hah.

a hoo-hah that you can't even DI; you could definitely DI diddy's

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a hoo-hah that you can't even DI; you could definitely DI diddy's

Yeah, they made Bowser uthrow have like no knockback scaling.

Although they did Buff Shulk fairly ok, he needs less lag though :< DEM START UPS ARE STILL MEH.

just make his fthrow a zss dsmash #sakuraibalancing

THE BOWSER STUNNER.

O were you talking about Shulk, because I just imagined Bowser doing a Stone Cold Stunner and it was amazing.

I remember Etika saying something among his top 5 best and worst things, that the buffs this update are completely in the wrong positions. Robin got buffs in places it didn't need too much. Robin needed more speed man. Mewtwo got more movement speed, but nothing game breaking like Grab combo's or anything. But the worst is Zelda and Samus not getting anything at all. Zelda needs buffs, and Samus just needs fixes on hit boxes and visual effects.
I hope in Feb, another patch comes and characters get buffed again, also hope nothing happens to Cloud.

I hope in Feb, another patch comes and characters get buffed again, also hope nothing happens to Cloud.

I'd like his Down Smash to actually work properly and not be techable thanks.

Speaking of Cloud, check out my set with Void's (#1 Sheik in SoCal) Cloud against my Link.

http://www.twitch.tv/2ggaming/v/31194349

Start at 1:31:45, watch the whole set its hype.

I'll watch in a bit, how're you liking Link's buffs? Euk's caught me with the new fair a number of times already and its so strong now.

It's not a game changer or anything, but it is nice. He honestly could use better start up data (his endlag on his moves are actually really good except for grab and dair), but extra kill move? I take.

Some other characters could use a lot more attention than him tho.

Edited by Knife

Speaking of Cloud, check out my set with Void's (#1 Sheik in SoCal) Cloud against my Link.

http://www.twitch.tv/2ggaming/v/31194349

Start at 1:31:45, watch the whole set its hype.

damn that was a nice set

those jab2 -> utilts / grabs were very nice, I need to work on those more

also I hadn't thought of using dsmash2 to catch cloud's recovery; I'll try to implement that vs Jedi

I thought your tag was still "Knife" though?

I can't even get the update since I don't have any room left on my SD card. :(:

This has been a thing for my brother since like.... Roy's announcement. Tis a shame really, cause because of that, he doesn't really play the game anymore

damn that was a nice set

those jab2 -> utilts / grabs were very nice, I need to work on those more

also I hadn't thought of using dsmash2 to catch cloud's recovery; I'll try to implement that vs Jedi

I thought your tag was still "Knife" though?

Jab jab grab is pretty reliable on Cloud, but some other characters its not. Also, use more utilt as a tomahawk option, its so good and leads into uairs.

I also go by Kila.

It feel pretty even. I never felt too bad throughout the set except for game 1 when he ended me with finishing touch. He also has no experience against combat intensive Links so idk if that played a factor. This was the only "good" Cloud I've played, the rest were just flat out worse players than me. Though my win rate with Link vs Cloud is 100% ATM. Too early to really say, but again I at least feel Link doesn't lose this.

Specific MU stuff? From Link's perspective:

-Jab x2 into grab works very well against him

-Utilt > uair works very well

-Can be gimped while recovering with dsmash 2 or dtilt

-Link gets juggled really hard by Cloud's uair (who doesn't tho)

-Can force limit charging to stop by charging an arrow for pressure or just throwing alot of projectiles in general

Edited by Knife

Completely unrelated, but it appears that the revisionists over at neogaf have now warped the general opinion from "the competitive fanbase wasn't the biggest fan of Brawl" to "Brawl was all-round shit and reviewed poorly (despite having the highest metascore in the series at 93).

There's your joke for the day.