SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Well, legal stages has no walls, so you can't SideB Jump string yourself up. I guess a decent UpB was a good idea for Corrin. This doesn't stop this move being very gimpable when corrin goes for a wall on Omega stages tho. Otherwise, meteor smash characters will have an easy lined up target.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, legal stages has no walls, so you can't SideB Jump string yourself up. I guess a decent UpB was a good idea for Corrin. This doesn't stop this move being very gimpable when corrin goes for a wall on Omega stages tho. Otherwise, meteor smash characters will have an easy lined up target.

*Implying people would leave themselves that open when they can simply jump from it or see someone coming and know not to do it instead, because if you can make the distance without using the up B, and just grab the very tip of the ledge you can just kick towards or away. Prompting a few options. Also I'm thinking the very ledge you can usually grab will be stabable with Dragon Lunge for some weird possibilities.

Also Duck Hunt is a legal counterpick, so if this hypothesis is correct, it could be advantageous

Edited by Jedi

Can't agree more. Him or Simon would've made it for me, but I'm almost definitely certain that the latter will never come. I'm still counting on my symmetry theory to be right and there's gonna be one extra character, but I don't think it's likely.

"Symmetry theory"? If you mean the fact that it's 2 characters away from 60, I get you.

I doubt it will happen even to have an even number of DLC characters, but if we magically got an eighth character, wishful thinking on my end would mean Fiora, Elma, or Shovel Knight. Maybe Squirtle.

However, I'm fairly certain it would be Jin, Kazuya or a Tales of character who isn't Lloyd. Wishful thinking again being KOS-MOS.

After all, Namco still needs to join Sega and Capcom's two character party.

Edited by Freyjadour

"Symmetry theory"? If you mean the fact that it's 2 characters away from 60, I get you.

There's that, but there's also the fact that last time we got one DLC character, then three in the next wave, so they might do the same again. Plus the official site won't look awkward with one row of three DLC characters and another with four.

There's that, but there's also the fact that last time we got one DLC character, then three in the next wave, so they might do the same again. Plus the official site won't look awkward with one row of three DLC characters and another with four.

Not only that yet again, but the Wii U version will have one extra character than there are spaces, and having a separate menu when eight people could be choosing would be... weird.

There's one slot yet. Either Random is gone, or maybe there's another character so it'll be like before Cloud where the middle two rows had extras.

I highly doubt it though. He made it seem very very final. It this did happen, it'd probably be Wolf or a Namco character though.

go kos-mos and jin

No, Corrin and Bayonetta are going to overload the CSS anyways (on non-For Glory modes) so they are going to have to expand it whether there's an extra character or not. I dunno what it looks like on 3DS though.

No, Corrin and Bayonetta are going to overload the CSS anyways (on non-For Glory modes) so they are going to have to expand it whether there's an extra character or not. I dunno what it looks like on 3DS though.

I meant that one of them (probably Bayonetta because Corrin was announced first) would stick out on non-FG. It would leave one row with one more than any other unless they just resize the bottom row to fit one more character by shrinking the icons slightly.

My suggestion is to make Random available separately, either with a button on the controller or separated from the characters near the bottom. Maybe make it so you start on Random like Computers so you can leave it until you select a character. Then Random can be available online by replacing the Miis.

I'll be honest: Corrin would probably be the only FE rep I'd actually bother learing. Why?

• Resource management makes and breaks Robin;
  • Ike is a bit on the slow side;
  • Roy, Marth and LuCENA are basically the same character.

Also, it's kind of a miracle (or a curse, since I would've wanted the Inkling, Guile or Elma more) that Nintendo managed to avoid the Mature rating in spite of having Bayonetta as DLC.

I don't think they were ever in threat of a mature rating, but they are dangerously close to a Teen. If it were anything other than a Nintendo game, I'm sure it would've gotten one.

I'll be honest: Corrin would probably be the only FE rep I'd actually bother learing. Why?

Robin yeah, resource management, Ike isn't really that slow for his type of fighter though. He has multiple combos to his name and grapples like a boss, with some very deadly aerials.

Roy is nothing like Marth or Lucina, he relies on complete and utter rush down and grabs, alongside his new moves that use a reverse edge to better hit his sweetspot along with his ridiculously not laggy neutral B if you don't charge it, Marth is all about proper spacing and punishment, unfortunately lacking his old flow, but he still rewards those who actually know how to use him.

Lucina is kinda like Marth but without the tipper mechanics she can play more risky games than Marth but with less reward, saying Marth and Lucina are similar is one thing, but never put the New Roy in the same category. Playing any of them the same will get you absolutely crushed and humiliated.

Also, it's kind of a miracle (or a curse, since I would've wanted the Inkling, Guile or Elma more) that Nintendo managed to avoid the Mature rating in spite of having Bayonetta as DLC.

Actually, I did found GameXplain did make an analysis on Bayonetta from the trailer and they did find some censorship on Bayonetta that was for avoiding M ESBR rating (I'm pretty sure that her games possibly be at CERO D rating also in Japan?) to keep it at in E+10 ESBR rating and CERO A rating to keep the Mature related stuff out from Bayonetta herself in SSB for N3DS / Wii U.

Edited by King Marth 64

Bayonetta's smash attacks leave her in one-piece bathing suit clothing territory (due to summoning only parts of the demon).

That said, her final smash is pretty freaky and intense. I'm thinking if that was in the base game it would be an easy T rating.

And speaking of which, does anyone know where we can check our world rank at in "Global Smash Power", I think Sakurai did mentioned in the previous Direct videos said that we can check them at in Online, but I had trouble finding the Global Smash Power ranking list at in Online Mode.

I manage to cleared Classic Mode 9.0 with Ike and Mii Swordfighter with Customs in both versions, Classic Mode 8.0 with Lucario, Mii Brawler, and Shulk with Customs in both versions, and Classic Mode 7.0 with got with some characters including all available DLC fighters with Customs in both versions. (I'm still getting working on all fighters to unlock the challenge in the Wii U version)

Even if Roy, Marth and Lucina were 100% identical, why would that actually discourage you from learning to play them?

Not only that yet again, but the Wii U version will have one extra character than there are spaces, and having a separate menu when eight people could be choosing would be... weird.

There's one slot yet. Either Random is gone, or maybe there's another character so it'll be like before Cloud where the middle two rows had extras.

Did they actually confirm Bayonetta & Corrin to be ultimatum?

Did they actually confirm Bayonetta & Corrin to be ultimatum?

They did a giant content recap at the end and then a game tribute video.

He also said that DLC was coming to a close.

As a Shovel Knight fan, it's sad, but I love Bayonetta too much to trade her for even Shovel Knight.

Bayonetta WILL push the game's rating to a T. Notice how the very first thing shown in the Smash Broadcast was a ESRB "Rating pending to T" notice.

Edited by Jave

Bayonetta WILL push the game's rating to a T. Notice how the very first thing shown in the Smash Broadcast was a ESRB "Rating pending to T" notice.

Yet the start of her trailer says E10+.

I actually can't help but wonder if the RP-T thing was for Corrin/Fates since they specifically referenced the release of Fates. Bayonetta's games are M rated, but they didn't call such direct attention to her games. EDIT: And possibly more importantly, the broadcast had a cutscene ripped directly from Fates.

We'll just have to wait and see. Has DLC ever actually raised the rating for a game? How does that work with boxart? Later prints can revise it, but the original rating will always be on older copies.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Yet the start of her trailer says E10+.

I actually can't help but wonder if the RP-T thing was for Corrin/Fates since they specifically referenced the release of Fates. Bayonetta's games are M rated, but they didn't call such direct attention to her games. EDIT: And possibly more importantly, the broadcast had a cutscene ripped directly from Fates.

We'll just have to wait and see. Has DLC ever actually raised the rating for a game? How does that work with boxart? Later prints can revise it, but the original rating will always be on older copies.

I know that the quantities of nude mods that has been made available for Elder Scrolls Oblivion bumped the game from a Teen rating to a Mature one, so... maybe?

Gotta say i'm impressed and overall pleased. Adding in Corrin seems a bit much for Fire Emblem but I can at least understand why they are doing it. Bayonetta is a solid choice in my opinion pretty much synonymous with the Wii U at this point and surprisingly fits in the roster well.

That was only for the Corrin trailer (which even now says E10+).

I actually think it's impossible for extra content to raise a games' rating (or Total War: Shogun 2 would have been rated M the instant they released the gore pack).

That was only for the Corrin trailer (which even now says E10+).

I actually think it's impossible for extra content to raise a games' rating (or Total War: Shogun 2 would have been rated M the instant they released the gore pack).

No, the rating at the start of the broadcast was for the Broadcast as a whole. All Nintendo Directs start like that, usually showing a single Rating screen that encompasses all the games shown in it by showing a Rating range (like "ESRB E - M").

Also:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.aspx#16.5

How does the ESRB rate downloadable content (DLC) or other content updates that supplement a game or app?

Downloadable content (DLC) often refers to additional content that supplements or extends a previously-rated product. Many digital products, including video games and apps, will release subsequent updates or add-ons that expand the original product's content. DLC or updates that will be appended to an existing, previously-rated product need only be submitted to ESRB for rating if their content exceeds that which is in the existing "core" product. Otherwise, the rating originally assigned to the core product is applicable to the appended content as well. Where, however, the content exceeds the rating assigned to the core product, it must be submitted to ESRB and a different rating may be assigned.

So DLC can be rated higher than the actual game but obviously doesn't raise the game's rating by default (since the rating shouldn't change until you actually buy the DLC).

EDIT: The Blood Pack in Total War: Shogun 2 is indeed rated M.

Edited by Jave