SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like to know what the devs see that I simply can't perceive. Namely, how Zelda and Samus are so good that they are fine just the way they are and not in need of massive buffs or even a complete revamp.

Edited by BrightBow

I would really like to know what the devs see that I simply can't perceive. Namely, how are Zelda and Samus so good that they are fine just the way they are and not in need of massive buffs or even a complete revamp.

Because balance decisions are based off of For Glory results and the like, and the average skill level there is pretty low.

Because balance decisions are based off of For Glory results and the like, and the average skill level there is pretty low.

I don't know. I feel like they suck on any level of play. I suppose Samus could screw over casual players with Charge Shot and missile spam but Zelda seems to lack any significant strength but has weaknesses all over the place. Well, her air kicks hurt a lot. So does Marth's tipper, but his moves have decent power even without them. And there has to be a reasoning for design decision like Samus' jab not being able to combo. I mean, they even wrote that into the hints, advising not to use the second hit.

Edited by BrightBow

Zelda has consistently got buffs for the past three updates and Samus got a ton of buffs in the one before this. They probably didn't get any buffs in this latest one because they literally didn't even look at the characters having spend most of their time on them in other updates.

Zelda has consistently got buffs for the past three updates and Samus got a ton of buffs in the one before this. They probably didn't get any buffs in this latest one because they literally didn't even look at the characters having spend most of their time on them in other updates.

Shame none of those buffs actually. You know, have done anything, but at least regular Samus has some tourney moments to her name. Doesn't mean she doesn't need tons of buffs though.

Samus has more results than most characters close to her level. Those Samus mains get things done despite the character flaws.

Provided in this game, you can get results with any character at the local level assuming your scene isn't obscenely stacked. Tough luck for me though, my scene isn't quite that easy.

I think Samus just needs buffs to her specials, particularly reducing charge time on neutral B and make missiles something actually worth using. Grab lag reduction and an extra kill move would be nice too, bringing back the old down-smash would be great.

Her jab needs some serious work as well, and making her dash attack more like falcons.

I think dash is fine, just needs better hitboxes. It can lead into uair which is nice.

I dunno what to do with jab, it needs to be safer, but it already comes out faster than a lot of jabs.

The jab needs to actually work. I'm still not sure what its design purpose is.

Samus does have some nice combos off grabs and a decent aerial game, but she needs more.

samus's dash attack is really good, it's hitboxes look decieving but it lasts a long time and is an amazing combo starter. Just takes some getting used to.

Her Missiles are useless though and her jab is pretty bad. She's really not that terrible.

That sucks. At least you got wifi... lol

Enough to get online but not enough to actually play people -_-. The internet firewalls my Wii U (and usually my 3DS too, that one varies) whenever it tries to connect to another system. Apparently I can call them up and get them to change that but since I'm not technically paying for the internet, I've been trying to move out of this house for the past four months and it's actually meant to be used as a mobile hot spot and not a proper connection, calling them to fix it sounds like way more trouble than it's worth for what will probably be pretty laggy matches. At least I can download DLC though. And I probably wouldn't have made it all the way through the single player if online was working properly.

so people on GFAQs actually think that K. Rool, Inkling, or Wolf actually won and that the ballot was rigged

lol

stay salty people

i get to enjoy Bayonetta while they all will never get K. Tool in Smash.

As for Corrin, I do actually like him as well. I think that the preferable scenario would be:

1. Elma revealed in the November Direct. After all, if she came out now, it would be the month of Xenoblade's English release.

2. Bayonetta and Cloud revealed as Ballot characters. Have Elma come out with anaemic content instead of Cloud.

3. Bayo and Cloud come out in February. Complete with Cloud having Steve Burton, better Color swaps, and more than just two songs

obviously the best scenario

I get the feeling that the Final Fantasy content being pretty barren was due to licensing issues, not time constraints. I really doubt anything else would have held it back. I can't see Sakurai deciding that Cloud absolutely needed to be out now, even if it meant having two songs, no extra trophies, no English voice, and boring alternates.

I doubt they have licensing to songs on an individual basis though. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have access to the complete Final Fantasy VII soundtrack, (except maybe One Winged Angel given the number of renditions it's had) nor can I think of any reason Square would deny them rights. Unless it was a case of pay by the tune and Nintendo said feck that, we'll give them two and they'll be happy with it. Yeah that's probably the case.

Edited by Jotari

Still, as a massive FF fan, it's sad to see it happen.

I was expecting Opening - Bombing Mission, JENOVA, and One Winged Angel. I did also want like FFX's Battle Theme and Blinded by Light but whatever, that probably wasn't happening anyway.

At least I have Dissidia and Theatrhythm to complete myself.

I doubt they have licensing to songs on an individual basis though. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have access to the complete Final Fantasy VII soundtrack, (except maybe One Winged Angel given the number of renditions it's had) nor can I think of any reason Square would deny them rights. Unless it was a case of pay by the tune and Nintendo said feck that, we'll give them two and they'll be happy with it. Yeah that's probably the case.

Just remember that you're talking about the same company which blocks people from posting screenshots in Miiverse for their old Virtual Console games.

Just remember that you're talking about the same company which blocks people from posting screenshots in Miiverse for their old Virtual Console games.

And makes you accept agreements on Steam to even play their games.