SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Just remember that you're talking about the same company which blocks people from posting screenshots in Miiverse for their old Virtual Console games.

And makes you accept agreements on Steam to even play their games.

Not to mention they have their own toy company and they don't license their properties to other companies to make their merchandise.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Shin your intestines can't digest corn

I haven't played Smash in a while, and I need to do a system transfer before I get back into it. But if Shulk really got buffs I'm going to have a lot of fun.

But Shin your intestines can't digest corn

I haven't played Smash in a while, and I need to do a system transfer before I get back into it. But if Shulk really got buffs I'm going to have a lot of fun.

Yeah he got general damage increases and his aerials have less lag now.

so people on GFAQs actually think that K. Rool, Inkling, or Wolf actually won and that the ballot was rigged

lol

stay salty people

i get to enjoy Bayonetta while they all will never get K. Tool in Smash.

Yes, please rub it in, instead of acting like a decent person.

so people on GFAQs actually think that K. Rool, Inkling, or Wolf actually won and that the ballot was rigged

lol

stay salty people

i get to enjoy Bayonetta while they all will never get K. Tool in Smash.

And you're any better than them...?

Anyway, my thoughts on Bayonetta:

Her attacks should be doing weak damage and she better be very light. That way you actually have to combo to be as good as anyone else. Of course, this is Sakurai were talking about; she'll probably be instant top-tier. I mean, sure, increased landing lag on longer combos is nice on paper, but in 1v1 when you've just comboed 50%+ onto your opponent and launched them to the other side of the stage, who cares?

That's the thing that rubs me the wrong way; Bayonetta really strikes me like she was made around being stupidly good in 1v1 but not that great in free-for-alls. When half your online and a vocal portion of your fan-base is dedicated towards the former, though, it just doesn't make sense. The biggest reason we haven't seen more Ryu is because people won't drop their Sheik or ZSS (and some stuff like accidentally screwing up aerials by the game reading your inputs as a powered-up special move instead of, say d-air to b-air), and Bayonetta looks even more dominant than him with a much less confusing and manageable gimmick.

Edited by The DanMan

We can't be sure how Bayonetta will do, considering the direct itself said a number of her attacks have a fair bit of start up time, its just when she gets going that she's really hard to deal with from my impression. I'll tell you in February when I try her out alongside Corrin, because Sakurai said those who've played the Bayonetta games would be familiar with how she handles so I can accurately judge that when the time comes, she should be natural to me if that is the case.

But I could be wrong. Smash 4 still has a more varied set of tourney results, because while people like Sheik and ZSS exist, they aren't supremely better like say, Metaknight was in Brawl or Pikachu was in 64. Like they have really really good tools, but they don't entirely eat the roster alive for dinner.

Edited by Jedi

I've heard once that the reason Sheik and ZSS are so common is because it doesn't take much effort to main them compared to say characters like Robin and Duck Hunt, characters which are said to take a lot of effort to master.

Is it true that Sheik and ZSS are the easiest characters to main?

Personal experience, take with a grain of salt there's still plenty of it to go around

I was pretty easily able to pick up Sheik and do relatively well, better than with many characters I had been using for a while before even

The same wasn't exactly true for ZSS, though she is a fun character

I've heard once that the reason Sheik and ZSS are so common is because it doesn't take much effort to main them compared to say characters like Robin and Duck Hunt, characters which are said to take a lot of effort to master.

No, but I wouldn't say they are difficult either. Characters like Ike and Bowser and other heavy hitters I find the easiest because you don't need to get combos to rack up damage, but it is more difficult to get results with them. Sheik and ZSS are the best characters in the game (well, I think Pikachu is better than Samus, but that's my opinion) regardless of their easiness or difficulty, that's why they may be common, but many people use them without knowing how to use them because they've been told so.

Not at all true. ZSS is fairly difficult to use at the top level (where people know how to get out of her cookie-cutter combos), and Sheik is not particularly easy (especially since everyone knows the matchup). The reason Sheik and ZSS are used the most is because they are straight up better than other characters. They have virtually no lag on their attacks: startup, endlag, or landing lag. ZSS is easily one of the hardest-punishing characters in the game. She can kill you at like 50% off of a single mistake, and her only real weakness is a slow grab. Sheik, on the other hand, has the best neutral in the game, can rack up damage ridiculously fast while remaining super safe, can recover safely from virtually anywhere, and can kill easily off either a pseudo-50:50 from dthrow or early gimps. She's probably top 5 in the game at gimping other recoveries.

It's not so much that they're easier to use, but rather that the reward-to-effort ratio is way higher.

Edited by Ragnell

Sorry, do you dislike Bayonetta?

if so then I have no idea what to tell you

I think it's your inconsiderate attitude to King K. Rool fans that has bothered people much more, though your shoehorning of Bayonetta into discussions probably doesn't help.

It will never stop being funny that the two characters who were a two-for-one deal before are the best in the game now that they're solo.

Well they always were considered pretty good even when paired.

I think it's your inconsiderate attitude to King K. Rool fans that has bothered people much more, though your shoehorning of Bayonetta into discussions probably doesn't help.

K. Rool fans have whined incessantly for a year since the game released.

Robin and Lucina? Bias

Palutena and Dark Pit? Bias

Mother having two characters, equal to the almighty DK? Bias

Xenoblade having even one character less than our lord DK? Bias

Someone other than K. Rool winning the ballot? Those are obviously lies.

It's so sickening. As someone who's looked at GameFAQs' Smash board for a year, I could not possibly spare sympathy any more. It's maddening. I probably should not base my thoughts on such a cesspool community, but the DK praise and FE hatred echo chamber is disgusting. It's not even one character. I've seen pretty much every character I like, being the "waifus and anime swordsmen" trashed endlessly. And some people have the gall to want both K. Rool and Dixie for equality? No. It's incredibly telling, even if it's not just people who like DK, that Corrin's trailer has probably more dislikes than any other character in any region. I haven't checked Roy, Robin and Lucina, Palutena, or Bayonetta's yet, but I'm sure they're probably up there for no reason. Maybe Shulk or Lucas too.

I like every character in the game but DK, Diddy, and Roy. The first two should obviously be here, but I do blame Roy for causing this 6 FE character debacle. If it had been Wolf, Squirtle, or Ivysaur this never would have happened.

From my personal experience? I'd say no.

… Then again, I find Diddy Kong and Meta Knight difficult to use and Shulk was really easy for me so maybe you should take this with a grain of salt .-.

Robin and Lucina? Bias

It's so sickening. As someone who's looked at GameFAQs' Smash board for a year, I could not possibly spare sympathy any more. It's maddening. I probably should not base my thoughts on such a cesspool community, but the DK praise and FE hatred echo chamber is disgusting. It's not even one character. I've seen pretty much every character I like, being the "waifus and anime swordsmen" trashed endlessly. And some people have the gall to want both K. Rool and Dixie for equality? No. It's incredibly telling, even if it's not just people who like DK, that Corrin's trailer has probably more dislikes than any other character in any region. I haven't checked Roy, Robin and Lucina, Palutena, or Bayonetta's yet, but I'm sure they're probably up there for no reason. Maybe Shulk or Lucas too.

I like every character in the game but DK, Diddy, and Roy. The first two should obviously be here, but I do blame Roy for causing this 6 FE character debacle. If it had been Wolf, Squirtle, or Ivysaur this never would have happened.

And so acting as immature as they do somehow makes you entitled? There are K. Rool fans who aren't whining. You sound more annoying than any K. Rool fan I've encountered on this board. Why are you complaining about what people say on GameFaqs anyways? We don't need that here.

Robin and Lucina? Bias

People whine. That's the honest simple truth. I want K Rool in Smash. I think Donkey Kong is a massively important Nintendo series (its fourth biggest in fact, fifth if you include Mario Kart as a separate series to Mario) and I want more heavy weights and villains on the roster. And I doubt I've even mentioned that opinion in the hundreds of pages of this forum I have been commenting on. Nor have I seen anyone else whine incessantly about K Rool. I've seen Ana occasionally mention Dixie Kong but that's about it.Wanting K Rool in does not automatically mean I've whined about every single character that has gotten into Smash Bros. I'm just as happy about Bayonetta getting in as you are, doesn't stop me liking K Rool. Like every group of people complaining they only represent about 10% of that group's actual population.

Edited by Jotari

why would you do that to yourself

okay yeah this is probably the root issue

Edit:

I think a major problem is the whole "deserving" thing. Just because DK sells well doesn't mean it magically "deserves" more stuff. Most of the stuff I like sells poorly and it's frustrating. I love how Sakurai sticks it to the big names and adds stuff like Lucas, Palutena, and Shulk. Some characters I wanted before release? Andy, Starfy, and Chibi-Robo. I hate the whole idea of an objective roster. I don't care about Donkey Kong or Splatoon or something like that, so if the roster was weighted towards them it would e excruciating. I think Mario and Pokemon are perfect, but I do think that Animal Crossing, Zelda, and Kirby would probably get another character.

I know that if I were the director, I'd certainly show bias to the little guys.

also expect both Elma and Fiora from me

Edited by Freyjadour

Yeah, I really wanted Dixie Kong. And I was predicting her and Wolf. But nope, neither happened. At least I kinda sorta know how Sakurai works though, I predicted Robin and RD Ike. And was almost right about Lucina being a Marth alt (she was originally intended to be that).

I didn't predict this here, but I talked with a friend and predicted Palutena, Little Mac, Shulk, and Bowser Jr., and I predicted that there'd be a Gen 6 Pokemon, and I jokingly said "and also Duck Hunt Dog." I was actually right for quite a few of my predictions! I did not predict anything else right, though. Everything else I predicted was wrong.